Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering a Taylor Made Spider. Putter was the safest club in the bag so of course I played someone els'es and loved it.

Modus 105 or 120's. C-Taper Lite 105 is in that thought process also.

One Length still haunts me.

Mallets still haunt me.

If you checked out this weeks Off Course you know why :ROFLMAO:

New irons is def the current ponder... 🤔

Current contenders:
Wilson staff blades. Hit a friends at the range weeks ago and I can’t stop thinking about how good they were.
Mizuno MMCs or maybe HMPs. The HMPs seem like they’d be a ton of fun.
Cobra MIM tour
Apex Pro 21? CB?

May try and do a fitting this month.

Recalculating my plan for new irons. I was all set to do a fitting the first week of Jan. Fitter told me to wait until end of Jan; good options incoming. That sparked my interest!

Now it looks like we will be in Colorado for a week or two end of Jan or early Feb. I may go for a fitting at Club Champion where I will be able to test locally unavailable club options that appeal to me (Cobra king mim, Srixon ZX7/ZX5). And if I do that, why stop at irons? Full bag? 😉

Recalculating my plan for new irons. I was all set to do a fitting the first week of Jan. Fitter told me to wait until end of Jan; good options incoming. That sparked my interest!

Now it looks like we will be in Colorado for a week or two end of Jan or early Feb. I may go for a fitting at Club Champion where I will be able to test locally unavailable club options that appeal to me (Cobra king mim, Srixon ZX7/ZX5). And if I do that, why stop at irons? Full bag? 😉

Quite a few ponders at the moment as we head into release season

Driver: Cobra Rad XB or new Callaway
Utility: Srixon or Cobra are leaders
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged or new Callaways, maybe MIMs

Looking for an iron set to mess around with for the 2nd half of winter, and then I see Z785 at GolfTown for sub $900 CAD.

That's tempting.

Trying to negotiate not getting a new phone into getting a new fairway wood.

That's a good reminder.. I should probably get a new phone prior to the GD so I can get the best pictures possible!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

new Conforming List update.

ponder

You all better buckle up next week. 👀

You all better buckle up next week. 👀
I'm going to ask a question that might ride on the "Edge" however I have to ask. The zipper emoji is perfectly appropriate

In the past, I believe, new equipment was announced around the 15th of January, 1 week before the Merc Show.
I don't recall any "Release Dates" by the Manufacturers this time and there isn't a Merc Show for 2021
Fair to say think that same "Release" pattern would continue in 2021?

I'm going to ask a question that might ride on the "Edge" however I have to ask. The zipper emoji is perfectly appropriate

In the past, I believe, new equipment was announced around the 15th of January, 1 week before the Merc Show.
I don't recall any "Release Dates" by the Manufacturers this time and there isn't a Merc Show for 2021
Fair to say think that same "Release" pattern would continue in 2021?
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:;):censored:

This intrigues me. Now that I am back in the midwest, the wintertime just has me so unmotivated to think about golf (probably doesn't help there is 4-6 inches of snow on the ground either), but new equipment always sparks the interest for next season.

I am in the market for a new set of irons, so I cannot wait to see what is coming

This intrigues me. Now that I am back in the midwest, the wintertime just has me so unmotivated to think about golf (probably doesn't help there is 4-6 inches of snow on the ground either), but new equipment always sparks the interest for next season.

I am in the market for a new set of irons, so I cannot wait to see what is coming
You’re going to be very pleased.

Looking for a cheap fairway wood experiment.

What's the highest spinning fairway wood of the last 10 years, preferably one with decent speed and launch still? X2 Hot (non pro) maybe?

Looking for a cheap fairway wood experiment.

What's the highest spinning fairway wood of the last 10 years, preferably one with decent speed and launch still? X2 Hot (non pro) maybe?
I'd say the cleveland launcher would spin way more than the X2 hot. I had both.

So many driver ponders now.

It's new gear season gents!!!

Me every time I see a new gear photo for the first time...

It's new gear season gents!!!

Me every time I see a new gear photo for the first time...

It is the silly season and I am excited.. Good stuff on the horizon!!

Back