Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering new irons like grizzly bears ponder salmon swimming upstream.

that damned odyssey red ball putter

Alright, so who’s pondering Apex-liciousness? :ROFLMAO:

Hahahaha, you guys aren't alone, I promise you!

Soooooooo much. The Pro 21s look perrrrfect to me.
Right???

Ive been DYING inside wanting to talk about them already. So much badassery going on in them.

Pro or DCB for me, have the least interest in the standard Apex. Whichever I like better of those two against the 921 forged. Winner goes in the bag I think.

Irons. All the irons. So much good looking stuff already released it will honestly come down to how I hit them because looks wise there are half a dozen that will fit the looks department.

Apex.. Lots of apex pondering

Pondering a couple of putters pretty hardcore.... :censored:

ZX5-7 combo set....very hard pondering going on

not this guy. Those clubs are better than I'll ever be
Even with three models? Including a super forgiving one in the family with the DCB now?

Pondering. I'm tired of pondering. I've been pondering since the PGA show in 2020. So many shiny clubs I want.:ROFLMAO:

I got the ok to get some new clubs. I'm wanting SGI irons... like the BB21 or T400... but they're both out of my budget at least for the next 3 years.:cry: So I look towards TourEdge's C521s... and think I can live with them for a while. They're not as offputting as the E521s are. Then I check out Callaway Preowned on a whim... there are a few sets of Mavrik irons... one with graphite shafts in my price range. And they're lefty like I need.

Seriously thinking I'm going to either blind buy these or the C521s and stop pondering.

Even with three models? Including a super forgiving one in the family with the DCB now?
Yup. didn't your review say the hollow bodied ones were intended for single digit handicaps? My handicap might as well be triple digits.:ROFLMAO: Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try a set of forged irons... but that's not in the cards I've got in my hand.

Yup. didn't your review say the hollow bodied ones were intended for single digit handicaps? My handicap might as well be triple digits.:ROFLMAO: Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try a set of forged irons... but that's not in the cards I've got in my hand.
Hollow bodied Pro’s are one of three models.
The other two in the article are progressively bigger and more forgiving.

mp-20 mmc. Only thing that holds me back is that I play the mp-18 mmc and the differences are small. But if I follow that logic, why not keep playing my current irons for another season? I setup a shot on GCQuad yesterday (#15 I think The Farms course): 188 to pin, 10 yards uphill, very narrow green, bunker front, right, and path OB left. I was nailing 6i over and over. I didn't hit the green every time, of course, but out of maybe 25 shots there wasn't one that wouldn't have given me a good chance for up and down and most were on the green within 20 feet of pin. Distance control and dispersion were very good for my level of play. I kept thinking: what I am trying to gain with new irons? It's a good question. Maybe just something new. And that's where I look over at a display with a bunch of Mizuno irons and stare at a set of mp-20 mmc's.

@Jman this is all your fault.... 2021 may see a complete overhaul of my bag...so many ponders

Irons - Cobra, Mizuno, Callaway
Hybrids - Ping, Cobra, Callaway
Driver - Cobra, <this place is empty>
Putter - Mizuno
Wedges - Cleveland

GAH!

@Jman this is all your fault.... 2021 may see a complete overhaul of my bag...so many ponders

Irons - Cobra, Mizuno, Callaway
Hybrids - Ping, Cobra, Callaway
Driver - Cobra, <this place is empty>
Putter - Mizuno
Wedges - Cleveland

GAH!
You’re welcome! :ROFLMAO:

Alright, so who’s pondering Apex-liciousness? :ROFLMAO:
Pondering, lusting... same same right? Either way, I really want to hit them!

Back