Official Equipment Pondering Thread

apex 21 irons; epic max driver; titleist bag overhaul... Srixon bag overhaul; cobra bag overhaul.... all over the map right now.

Irons. So many irons.
Hard ponder on TC201 or Apex Pro 21s, which are basically the same price. Or I can get some Mizunos or Srixons for way less and then also buy some other goodies, like an STz 5 wood.

Dropping from ~120g shafts to ~95-100g in next irons.

Wondering if this year's batch of irons are an improvement over my Ping G700's. From what i have researched, the G710 isn't significantly better than my G700.

Mizuno 921 forged. Haven’t seen them in person yet but heard great things.

Ponders for a new fw and hybrid.
Arccos maybe...

Need to buy grips. Apparently Golf Pride has some tour van grip options - the Velvet ALIGN tacky model sounds interesting.

I hit some cleveland launcher hb irons a few years ago and now I have this desire to go hybrid iron for that fun set in the garage/the loaner set for friends. But do I got Tour edge (hl3/4) Wilson launch pads? Launcher hb/tubros? Or just start off even earlier and get some altitudes or hibores?

Ponder during the incoming blizzard is 3w and replacing the SIM Ti. Going Mizzy ST-Z in the 5w, but need to replace the 3 still.

Thinking hard on a 3+. Maybe Srixon? Maybe Cally? Maybe Cobra?

Ponder during the incoming blizzard is 3w and replacing the SIM Ti. Going Mizzy ST-Z in the 5w, but need to replace the 3 still.

Thinking hard on a 3+. Maybe Srixon? Maybe Cally? Maybe Cobra?
Both the Cobra and Callaway fairways performed really well for me in testing. I haven't had the opportunity to hit the Srixons yet

Why is it when something doesn't feel right, in this case my putting stroke, I'm ready to get something else. I have gone through so many putters lately I don't even know what I'm doing right now.
I've officially started looking at a mallet again with a mid bend.

Why is it when something doesn't feel right, in this case my putting stroke, I'm ready to get something else. I have gone through so many putters lately I don't even know what I'm doing right now.
I've officially started looking at a mallet again with a mid bend.

Start by eliminating variables in the stroke, biggest being face angle alignment at setup.

SeeMore.

Both the Cobra and Callaway fairways performed really well for me in testing. I haven't had the opportunity to hit the Srixons yet
Yeah, the Cobra was fun to hit and the Cally look HOT. That damn Srixon is stuck in my head tho. :oops:

But then there’s the C721 fairway :oops:

EXOTICS C721?
Srixon ZX?
Mizzy ST-Z?
Cobra Big Tour?
Callaway Epic Max?

SO MANY 3W OPTIONS. :(

It sure looks sweet. Not sure its worth the extra $$ over a discounted g410
I wasn’t a huge fan of the 410 fairway like some were, but the 425 does have a more positive buzz. Im just super excited about the spin profile of the ST-Z, and the Motore as a stock option is pretty sweet.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the 410 fairway like some were, but the 425 does have a more positive buzz. Im just super excited about the spin profile of the ST-Z, and the Motore as a stock option is pretty sweet.
I was leaning Atmos Black 7s. Talk me into the Motore.

I was leaning Atmos Black 7s. Talk me into the Motore.
Man, I’ve tried every single Atmos and it just doesn’t mesh with me, there’s a looseness I can’t explain.

The Motore though might be one of the sleeper shafts out there. I played an F1 in my SIM this past year and tinkered with an F3 for a while in the Ti, the stability and accuracy are just silly for the launch profile, they honestly did everything the Ventus did for me which is super high praise because even though I prefer other brands, the success of those shafts cannot be argued.

For the no up charge, it’s a CRAZY good stock option.

Starting to feel like I am scrolling through an ex's Instragram as I navigate to the Snell website daily to see if yellow MTB-X have been restocked...

I’ve been saving $20-$60 a payday for over a year to buy golf clubs. I need new irons but will
be getting some with the Golden Ticket. Help me decide on a putter and wedges. Worth it to go all Bettinardi?

Back