Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Has anyone gone from Cleveland XLI/HB3 to the Turbo hybrid irons? I was told by a club maker, the shaft looked a bit stiff on the HB3 and noticed the Turbos are very light with some flex.

Looking for some help THPers. I've been out of the golf loop for a couple years now. What's the latest buzz on ball technology? Last I recall paying attention, Snell was new and all the rage, and I'll admit that I did enjoy playing the MTB first generation. If I were going to research something new, where would you suggest I look? TIA.

It seems like Snell still has a huge following. Most better players gravitate towards TP5 and ProV. For a higher cap, I love the prior gen Soft Feel.

It seems like Snell still has a huge following. Most better players gravitate towards TP5 and ProV. For a higher cap, I love the prior gen Soft Feel.
I definitely didn’t hate the MTB when it came out. Played chromesofts, pro vs, Bridgestones, etc. Good call on Taylor made, that is one ball I hadn’t given much attention to in the past and will look at moving forward.

I definitely didn’t hate the MTB when it came out. Played chromesofts, pro vs, Bridgestones, etc. Good call on Taylor made, that is one ball I hadn’t given much attention to in the past and will look at moving forward.

If you are on a budget or just like a good deal, these TM practice balls are on sale.

I have three new release drivers here.

And I can’t find anything in any of them that makes them not have a shot at the bag.

All three do it totally different ways, and all three are effing stellar.

Going to put one more in the mix, just to make myself suffer I suppose :ROFLMAO:

Well, had a minor mishap with the driver in the garage, so in search of (probably) a ping driver head...

I hit the Mizuno STZ 3 wood at the PGA Superstore and I'm definitely getting one. I need to figure out which shaft, right now I'm leaning towards the HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX. I love the shape, sound, and the fact that I can get the lie flatter than anything else I've owned before.

I struggle with my hybrid and am strongly considering taking out my 4 hybrid and my Rogue 4 wood and putting in a Sim TI 3 & 5 wood.

I’ve been wanting to go back to a traditional 3 wood / 5 wood setup and the reviews on these Sim Titanium woods are insane.

2CD28F27-FFC4-4435-BC9D-62E38F792E5F.jpeg

I hit the Mizuno STZ 3 wood at the PGA Superstore and I'm definitely getting one. I need to figure out which shaft, right now I'm leaning towards the HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX. I love the shape, sound, and the fact that I can get the lie flatter than anything else I've owned before.
Oh dammit. :ROFLMAO:

The ONLY thing stopping me from buying new irons is that I legitimately just can't decide what to buy.
Apex Pro 21? TC201? JPX921 Forged? Forged/Tour combo? ZX7 or 5? So many great options out there. I hit them hoping to eliminate some options or have something jump to the forefront but even though they're all different, they're all so good.

The ONLY thing stopping me from buying new irons is that I legitimately just can't decide what to buy.
Apex Pro 21? TC201? JPX921 Forged? Forged/Tour combo? ZX7 or 5? So many great options out there. I hit them hoping to eliminate some options or have something jump to the forefront but even though they're all different, they're all so good.
Insane amount of great options right now, it literally hurts my head.

Insane amount of great options right now, it literally hurts my head.
Not sure if my indecision means I should wait, or just buy them all.

Not sure if my indecision means I should wait, or just buy them all.
Well, I’m no help there as I went for the second option with drivers :ROFLMAO:

I am seriously pondering a Taylormade R510TP driver, for science.

An ad popped up on a local BST here:

Foresight GC2 with protective case, extra flash module, cords and manuals
-Fiberbuilt premium golf hitting mat
-10x12' premium impact HD projection screen (can be folded or cut for smaller space)
-extra impact netting for behind screen for shallower install
-premium custom built gaming pc designed and used for sim only for HD graphics. Also monitor, keyboard and mouse included
-TGC2019 Protee software installed with lifetime license with access to over 150,000 golf courses to play solo, with friends, practice on, or play online with friends worldwide or in online tournaments and leagues. (also has practice facilities and driving range etc)
-Short throw GT1080P Optoma HD high lumen Projector
-Other additional sim accessories (artificial grass,etc included)

Asking 12k. Then in the ad it says if you aren't prepared to spend 10k, this isn't the ad for you.

Well I have 10k. But is it worth it? I have nowhere to set it up.... but I want it lol.

I mean its not a steal but seems reasonable. Brief google looks like not a great projector. Depends on what the computer actually is.

An ad popped up on a local BST here:

Foresight GC2 with protective case, extra flash module, cords and manuals
-Fiberbuilt premium golf hitting mat
-10x12' premium impact HD projection screen (can be folded or cut for smaller space)
-extra impact netting for behind screen for shallower install
-premium custom built gaming pc designed and used for sim only for HD graphics. Also monitor, keyboard and mouse included
-TGC2019 Protee software installed with lifetime license with access to over 150,000 golf courses to play solo, with friends, practice on, or play online with friends worldwide or in online tournaments and leagues. (also has practice facilities and driving range etc)
-Short throw GT1080P Optoma HD high lumen Projector
-Other additional sim accessories (artificial grass,etc included)

Asking 12k. Then in the ad it says if you aren't prepared to spend 10k, this isn't the ad for you.

Well I have 10k. But is it worth it? I have nowhere to set it up.... but I want it lol.
Average projector and TGC is terrible as an actual sim. But the launch monitor is a great device. You can probably do better deal wise though

Pondering a set of cobra forged tecs with the bronze finish. Supposed to be saving for a house so I guess that takes priority but what’s one more month of waiting...

I struggle with my hybrid and am strongly considering taking out my 4 hybrid and my Rogue 4 wood and putting in a Sim TI 3 & 5 wood.

I’ve been wanting to go back to a traditional 3 wood / 5 wood setup and the reviews on these Sim Titanium woods are insane.
I have the M5 and I absolutely love it. I’ve heard there are not any drastic differences between the M5 and Sim TI

Average projector and TGC is terrible as an actual sim. But the launch monitor is a great device. You can probably do better deal wise though
Thanks JB!

The only thing I know about (and very little) is the GC2, and that is because my last fitting was on one.

Its a pipe dream, and the money will get spent on something else. If we had a space to actually set one up though...... a sim setup would be a consideration lol.

I was about 10 seconds away from pulling the trigger on Hot Metals tonight..... then I stopped.

If I hit the irons I was fit for so well, what is holding me back?
Do I really want graphite so badly after I was fit to steel (but didn't get to hit the graphite).
Am I going to order a shortened set like I was recommended? Doubtful.
Why even bother getting fit then lol?

I either need to just order a stock set, or wait a month for an opportunity to possibly test other shafts or other heads.

Wondering if this year's batch of irons are an improvement over my Ping G700's. From what i have researched, the G710 isn't significantly better than my G700.
I'm in the same boat right now. I seriously doubt the G710 is much of an improvement over the G700. I am really curious around the G425 and the Apex DCB. Debating on doing an iron fitting just to see what's out there right now more optimal than my G700. I need some numbers to judge but I am curious if I maybe hit my irons too high right now.

I'm in the same boat right now. I seriously doubt the G710 is much of an improvement over the G700. I am really curious around the G425 and the Apex DCB. Debating on doing an iron fitting just to see what's out there right now more optimal than my G700. I need some numbers to judge but I am curious if I maybe hit my irons too high right now.
I hit the Apex DCB and Apex. Was leaning towards DCB. Then I asked what else to try. He said Srixon ZX5. I hit it and was sold. Just received them this afternoon.

Back