Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I hit the Apex DCB and Apex. Was leaning towards DCB. Then I asked what else to try. He said Srixon ZX5. I hit it and was sold. Just received them this afternoon.
Was there a long wait on the Srixon? I heard they were backordered quite a bit. I'd certainly consider those as well if I can find a place that has them in LH for me to hit. Club Champion near me is booked for the next 3 weeks. I put myself on the wait list for a couple of days if someone ends up cancelling. Otherwise the local PGA store is having a Ping demo day in a couple of weeks. I'll at least get some recommendations from a Ping rep if the G425 will be an improvement for me.

Was there a long wait on the Srixon? I heard they were backordered quite a bit. I'd certainly consider those as well if I can find a place that has them in LH for me to hit. Club Champion near me is booked for the next 3 weeks. I put myself on the wait list for a couple of days if someone ends up cancelling. Otherwise the local PGA store is having a Ping demo day in a couple of weeks. I'll at least get some recommendations from a Ping rep if the G425 will be an improvement for me.
I ordered 2/13 and they were delivered today. Original estimated delivery was 3/30.

I mean....

with the weather changing my excitement for the season is really starting to ramp up. This means my bag thoughts are really going crazy now.

Have a few drivers in and out the last couple of season. Mostly though its been my trusty g400 in that spot(Epic Flash makes an appearance every now and then too). But I'm really starting to look hard at the Cobra RADSpeed.

Is anyone familiar with the club set and brand?
Found at my local thrift store.
Just started golfing with friends and am considering grabbing them.

Attachments

• 00F5C3E8-BAA5-45FB-83BD-94AA068284DB.jpeg
    00F5C3E8-BAA5-45FB-83BD-94AA068284DB.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26
  • BB41FB6A-0D1A-4A9E-8357-25ADFE495E8B.jpeg
    BB41FB6A-0D1A-4A9E-8357-25ADFE495E8B.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 27
  • 2C384D17-BEDD-43FF-9F37-A6AC719D46E2.jpeg
    2C384D17-BEDD-43FF-9F37-A6AC719D46E2.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DF985E9E-F410-4560-B268-EC5EFCAF3A27.jpeg
    DF985E9E-F410-4560-B268-EC5EFCAF3A27.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 15
Is anyone familiar with the club set and brand?
Found at my local thrift store.
Just started golfing with friends and am considering grabbing them.

A "brand" from a while back that made knock offs of Cobra, Callaway and TaylorMade equipment.

Dont bother with it then?
Thought it might be a fun oddity set.
I like the name of the clubs. Kind of cool. Don’t know if they are $100 cool, but still cool.

I hear a Mevo plus or Skytrack calling me but I think they are not in the budget. However, I might snag a rangefinder this year. Reading good things about Precision Pro...

I hear a Mevo plus or Skytrack calling me but I think they are not in the budget. However, I might snag a rangefinder this year. Reading good things about Precision Pro...
Just Golf Stuff has the SC200 Plus on sale....

Toulon Chicago. (Wife: "Why do you need another putter?" Me: "Because... uh..." Wife: <looks at me. shakes head.>)

Wedges after listening to @Canadan and Jamie Sadlowski on Off Course :cool:

I finished my sim session yesterday hitting 4i from 230 yards to the 18 green at Pebble Beach. Mixed bag. That’s a club that takes a lot of focus and smooth timing and tempo to hit consistently. Some days are better than others. I have wondered for awhile about picking up a 4hy. Given how easy my g410 3hy is to hit, my first thought is Ping. I would like to explore some other options, however. I also wouldn’t mind a more brand and shaft consistent top of the bag. A little too eclectic right now.

Has anyone used Cut golf balls?
They are having 15% off today and thinking of pulling the trigger on a few dozen.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I just sold some stuff and now I'm back to pondering a golf bag and still thinking about a 5 wood. I just have to figure out what direction to go with a bag.

Thinking driver after a fitting.... after some lessons, which tentatively are scheduled for June(He's a college coach by day, so I will have to be patient)

New wedges. Grooves on my ZC’s are getting beat. Cobra intrigue me, but something tells me I need to wait just a bit longer 👀

Kinetixx wedge shafts, and a Velocity shaft for the Mizuno ST-X driver

Okay I have been pondering a set of Apex 21's in graphite since I have a bunch of credit with Callaway to use up BUT today I played for the first time this year and shot a 38/46 using a set of older clubs (Ping iE1's) that I hit for the first time today. So how could my game benefit from spending $1400+ on a set of irons at this time???

Back