Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering Epic Speed drivers. And TSi3. Think I'm ready to move on from the Sim Max bandaid.

I’m looking at bags also.... digging the OGIO Woode at the moment...
I've pointed that one too but I'm not completely sold on the color options so far. It's still on the list though.

My contenders are Hoofer 14, Sun Mountain 4.5 Woode and maybe Vessel. I'm not sure I can get myself to spend that much on a Vessel though.

Been pretty tame with the ponders as of late. But looking into the Cobra Wedges.

I've pointed that one too but I'm not completely sold on the color options so far. It's still on the list though.

My contenders are Hoofer 14, Sun Mountain 4.5 Woode and maybe Vessel. I'm not sure I can get myself to spend that much on a Vessel though.

At the rate I move (which is usually a somewhat glacial pace) I won’t pull the trigger on a new bag. I might then go bust my old Jones bag, circa 1978, out of the garage and show it how the 21st century looks. 😳

With 50% trade back for callaway drivers.
I am thinking of trying out the new epic this week. If I get same numbers I am staying with my Max. Anyone else try the new driver?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Since Friday, I'm contemplating a whole bunch of Cobra equipment 😳

Need to do my research so I'm ready to order them all 👍

Cobra Big Tour as a put my driver in time out. Was thinking SZ but the rad is getting stellar reviews.

Keep thinking about picking up a RAD driver. I like my speedzone and Epic Flash but I have heard so many good things about the RAD.

golfworks has the paderson ballistic driver shaft for 129.

might be a fun experiment. :unsure:

pondering a 5H in lieu of a 5i...

Nothing, I am happy with the bag setup as is. I may be feeling ill saying that.

Callaway Drivers
TaylorMade Drivers
Cobra Drivers
Two Ball Ten putter
All sorts of Fairway Woods

Been pondering ordering a set of ZX7s but can’t really justify it. Just impulse bought a Sim2 driver and have some money mixed up as well in another hobby. Probably will need to wait until the end of the season or next year

I should be officially in my last week of pondering on irons. By this time next week, I will have ordered JPX-921 Hot Metals.... or Pros.....
Going to drive 2 hours for a 10 minute simulator appointment to confirm if I want Graphite or Steel.... and a quick test between the HM or HMP.......

And then I will get to order, and wait 2 months..... or if all my pondering is for naught, I will just order the stock steel that is 1 week out.

Pondering Epic Speed drivers. And TSi3. Think I'm ready to move on from the Sim Max bandaid.
I tried both and a few others for my fitting weeks ago. All great, but the TSi3 stood out for my swing. Both are definitely worth a look.

pondering a 5H in lieu of a 5i...
I did it last summer. Went back to the 5i. It hasn't been the best move other than off the tee on 175-180 yard par 3s. My fitter just put me back into a 5h in that slot. I was going to do it anyway I think.

Someone talk me into a new driver. I want:
1) SPEEEEED
2) sweet spot the size of canada
3) nice sound
4) as much fade bias/fade settings as possible. This hook needs a bandaid.

Someone talk me into a new driver. I want:
1) SPEEEEED
2) sweet spot the size of canada
3) nice sound
4) as much fade bias/fade settings as possible. This hook needs a bandaid.
Radspeed or ZX7...maybe ST-Z

EVN roll putter... Saw the new ones in store and they look great.

TM 3W or 4H...or both.

At this time tomorrow, if I don't have new irons, or new irons on the way, I will be very disappointed.
Mizuno JPX-921 something..... with a something shaft in a something flex.

On a side note, cleaning up old clubs to get appraised for trade in.... I got a little sad tonight.

Back