Official Equipment Pondering Thread

The LZs is a shaft I always want to love. The feel amazing, and I love the lively'ness of them. They just launch and spin a bit too much..
I agree with launch but I don't find them to spin too much

The LZs is a shaft I always want to love. The feel amazing, and I love the lively'ness of them. They just launch and spin a bit too much..
I really like the feel of the LZ. Performance seemed to be pretty damn good too. But, I moved away from them as I have wanted to try some different stuff. If my elbow would allow it and I went back to steel, I could play the LZ in a heart beat.

I really like the feel of the LZ. Performance seemed to be pretty damn good too. But, I moved away from them as I have wanted to try some different stuff. If my elbow would allow it and I went back to steel, I could play the LZ in a heart beat.

I think next year will be the deep plunge into composite iron shafts.. I just need to do it..

I think next year will be the deep plunge into composite iron shafts.. I just need to do it..
I am in the MMT 125TX. In a few months I won't be using my irons for a while. Could send out a 7 iron on loan lol. Has worked wonders for my elbow pain as in it's basically non-existent. Performance is pretty good. They aren't as stout as I was expecting. Took a little while to mentally get myself to play them like a steel shaft if that makes sense. But, now that I am grooving with them, they're a treat. I have some wedge shafts waiting on standby for when I get new ones this off season.

I am in the MMT 125TX. In a few months I won't be using my irons for a while. Could send out a 7 iron on loan lol. Has worked wonders for my elbow pain as in it's basically non-existent. Performance is pretty good. They aren't as stout as I was expecting. Took a little while to mentally get myself to play them like a steel shaft if that makes sense. But, now that I am grooving with them, they're a treat. I have some wedge shafts waiting on standby for when I get new ones this off season.
Those are BEEFY.

going lighter, interesting..

You're not a particularly high ball hitter with irons, are you?

pretty medium. lighter intrigues me. I dont want to work so hard anymore.. I am currently playing modus 120s. I like them, don't love them..

very curious about those, and the recoil protos.

I prefer the Proto’s, but, the MMT don’t get enough chatter here imo.

I know you have tried both. I am currently leaning protos. I think because I have tried the MMT 110s in stiff and I was not blown away. That does not mean if given the right flex and weight that would not work.

I'm pondering a fitting for irons and maybe a FW. My irons were fitted to me but are getting on in age and I'd be curious to see whether I could get better numbers now. The fairways are generally good but I would kinda like to consolidate to 1 FW (probably a 4W) for simplicity.

I know you have tried both. I am currently leaning protos. I think because I have tried the MMT 110s in stiff and I was not blown away. That does not mean if given the right flex and weight that would not work.
I mean, you need XXX flex with those guns 💪

I'm pondering a fitting for irons and maybe a FW. My irons were fitted to me but are getting on in age and I'd be curious to see whether I could get better numbers now. The fairways are generally good but I would kinda like to consolidate to 1 FW (probably a 4W) for simplicity.
Do it! Where ya thinking about going?

Do it! Where ya thinking about going?

I can always count on your enabling buddy (y)

Place called Sittler Golf in the Reading area. I had a fitting for a hybrid there earlier this year and it was a game changer. They are Club Champion like in their approach except they do fittings outside (covered with the fancy mats) with a Foresight monitor, and they generally stick to OEM available options. But they cover every brand under the sun except for Miura level stuff.

I think that is a bit excessive. I am not Bryson..
I mean I wanted to yell Brooksie at you all weekend in Myrtle so I’m not so sure.

I can always count on your enabling buddy (y)

Place called Sittler Golf in the Reading area. I had a fitting for a hybrid there earlier this year and it was a game changer. They are Club Champion like in their approach except they do fittings outside (covered with the fancy mats) with a Foresight monitor, and they generally stick to OEM available options. But they cover every brand under the sun except for Miura level stuff.
I mean, this sounds like it needs to be booked!

very curious about those, and the recoil protos.
Yep, the Recoils were way up on my list. Still want to give them a shot. Was hard to find when I was looking though. When I am ready to move on from my TCB I will make a point to make the 4 hour drive and pony up for a fitting. I plan on sticking with them for a while so who knows what graphite options will be around by then.

Back