Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Kinda miss pondering clubs. Don’t really need anything new so kinda lost at the moment. Maybe a new putter grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am itching to buy new wedges. Temped by several options. MD5 is the most likely direction I will go. Maybe instead of thinking about having one set of wedges, I should consider having a few wedge setups. This may solve my indecision. :rolleyes:

I also have a big ponder for new irons. On this one however I am holding the reigns very tight. I want to make a good choice. I know that year to year changes are not typically significant in equipment, but part of me is waiting for some new releases to pop out over the next few months.

Kinda miss pondering clubs. Don’t really need anything new so kinda lost at the moment. Maybe a new putter grip

You just got a new putter grip!

You just got a new putter grip!

Read my thoughts in the thread. First round didn’t go good

I’m pondering a Ping G400 SFT. Close out price is pretty good and if will help my slice that would be a big benefit.

I need Will to get the Fuji shaft in bad, the CB-301 are calling to me. Sending this current setup to him thursday in the hope the shaft comes in while I am in the high desert of chile the week after next.
Then I can get back to enjoying golf again..

...Maybe a new putter grip...

pondering this myself...new to the game but I've discovered I like the long, super stroke grips...

Spent a couple hours hitting different irons on Trackman yesterday and after all that I have no ponders.
Always nice to validate that your current gear is still best for you.

:TrueTemper: DG S400
Onyx Wedge Shafts

I will own them and a few multiples of them.

:TrueTemper: DG S400
Onyx Wedge Shafts

I will own them and a few multiples of them.

That reminds me, maybe dG105 onyx or 100g Catalyst shafts would be nice in wedges

I’m all in a VSS - it doesn’t hurt that the DG105 and Elevate profiles work for me

Guess KP will be getting a call from me this week

Ping, in advance of Demo Day next weekend.

For pure experimentation this winter I want to mess around with a set of hollow body irons. I'd like to bend them weak so they have a 47-48 PW and a 35-36 7i. It's probably foolish but I'd love to see what kind of flight I can get out of a set like that.

Reactions: KEV
callaway things. all of the callaway things.

I have been all over the place with my ponders. I have a thing for irons and wedges. They make me happy. I like to flirt with the options. But I am hitting irons and wedges well. I am also comfortable with my driver. Where I'm not doing as well is with clubs between driver and irons. My 3w and 3hy are a weakness and I have never put much thought into those clubs. They are an ad hoc afterthought to my bag. This is a smart place for me to make a change. Time to research. Time to start serious pondering. And then time to overcome my frugal ways and make a change. Ping G410, Callaway Epic Flash/Apex, something from Cobra, ...?

For pure experimentation this winter I want to mess around with a set of hollow body irons. I'd like to bend them weak so they have a 47-48 PW and a 35-36 7i. It's probably foolish but I'd love to see what kind of flight I can get out of a set like that.

I like this idea a lot Curtis. I've pondered that too, not necessarily making those adjustments but curious about hollow body irons.

SL Ten. Slant Neck.

SL Ten. Slant Neck.

Back