Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering this bag pretty hard... Although I'd have to get the green light from @JB to put an in-line but year out driver in the bag hahahaha

View attachment 9056239

i feel like this ponder has taken egregiously longer than what is socially acceptable around these parts...

i feel like this ponder has taken egregiously longer than what is socially acceptable around these parts...
The bag ponder?

That's pretty standard. I swapped out into my old Grandaddy bag when @xThor came for a visit and haven't really looked back.

The bag ponder?

That's pretty standard. I swapped out into my old Grandaddy bag when @xThor came for a visit and haven't really looked back.

yeah, weren't you pondering this 2 weeks ago? or am i off because i am weak and succumbed to my ponders relatively quickly lately?

King Tec 2H
GC3

I am thinking on a few ponders:
I hit my driver 220, 230 ( on my best)
My 5 W 195
4H 170.
Do I need to swap the 4H for a 3H
Do I need a 3W?
Hummmmm

I am thinking on a few ponders:
I hit my driver 220, 230 ( on my best)
My 5 W 195
4H 170.
Do I need to swap the 4H for a 3H
Do I need a 3W?
Hummmmm

3 wood? Depends on your carry with it. Sometimes a 4wd at 16.5 is the better choice, then take the 5 wood out of the bag, then 3H or 7wd then 4H, 5-PW and your wedges...

It's a tough decision. I found a 3 wood I can carry, and then the decision is to go 5 wd or 7wd, then 4H, then the irons... I really like my fairways, so it's a tough choice. But then, the 4H and 7wd are similar except the 7 wd flies higher.

Pondering a SuperHybrid to swap in and out of the bag with my UW as I play a few courses where the SuperHybrid may be more beneficial

Pondering a SuperHybrid to swap in and out of the bag with my UW as I play a few courses where the SuperHybrid may be more beneficial
So.
Much.
Fun.

Love the SH.

Pondering giving in a doing a driver fitting. :unsure:

Pondering giving in a doing a driver fitting. :unsure:
I'm there with you. Been trying various shaft/head combos the last few years and just wonder what I'm missing not getting fit. When my driver is on, the rest of my game seems to fall in line, and that means more fun golfing too!

HARD ponders on the 2022 setup are running wild.

So far two are locks. Edel EAS putter and Cally apex UW.

Big day today. Definitely pondering a new driver either Callaway or TM although I will wait to see what else comes out and get fit.

Also pondering a new putter likely a Sik Armlock.

I am definitely going to order new SM9 wedges once released. Only pondering is shaft I got fit for bounce and lofts to fit into my irons.

I already have new irons (T200/T100s combo set).

My goodness the ponder is strong today.

I wonder if a new Rouge ST Max will be a major upgrade to my Epic Flash and erratic driver swing?
I need a properly fit putter, as i've changed my set up to be over the ball, thus choke down so far on the one I have that my lower hand is no longer on the grip.
Then I read about the new Rouge FW and start to dream of them helping the top end of my bag. Can I elevate a 3 HL to warrant it? My Ping 5W is fine, I don't need to replace it.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

My ponder of the minute. I go back and forth into the net with the Rapsodo monitor between my ST-G220 and the TR 20. Lately I am carrying the TR 20 a solid 5 yards more - consistently, I have not extrapolated the data to see if I am launching higher or if it's a better fit (indoor swing etc?). What I do know is that some of us (read this old guy) actually needs spin to get the maximum distance, and the ST-G is a spin killer - I have 3 shafts for it and the Diamana M+ (I think it is) seems to work well - it was (for me) bombing them at the range last year and was the CLEAR winner over the TR 20 - this suggests (to me anyway) that either I get more roll (I don't recall that being significant at the range) or I was just hitting it better.

So, that brings me to the ponder - what heads that have come out recently (2021 or now 2022 - or planned), that may address this? I have heard both arguments about higher spin shafts - and different balls, but are there any known higher spin drivers that I should be considering? And please, don't say get fit. I did get fit last year, was placed in a Ping G425 Max, and even in the sim at CC, I got better distance and better dispersion with my then gamer (PXG Gen 4 0811 X, which I sold). I can certainly obtain another - but I am off the PXG bandwagon (the commercials are really off putting for me). Anyway, that's my ponder - sorry for the very lengthy over detailed post.

This year is going to be nuts with new product pricing. I was thinking about a Rogue ST fairway wood, but at $350 per I’m going to pass.
I’ll wait to see what PXG does with their Gen4 pricing if I decide to move on from the Epic Speeds.

Drivers.

I want them all.

I want a throw down.

I want a massive #bagbattle

pondering if i should ream a hosel a bit. :unsure:

Drivers.
Fairway.
Irons.
Wedges.

Back