Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I have wanted to update the top of the bag. With my updating swing coming online and some time with a couple of new drivers, I am still pretty happy with the G400 Max. That will be a hard club to move out of the bag. I might just jump on the nice pricing in the G410 line and add a new 3W and 3Hy. I love the Tour65x shaft and suppose staying with the Tour shaft might be a solid choice. This ponder is darn close to removing $ from my pocket. Must. Resist. Just. A. Little. Longer. PGA Show ... I’m a sucker for shiny and new. :cool:

Gonna need a new putter to go with a future new set of clubs. I’m thinking the TripleTrack Ten is at top of my want list.

I still have a GG gift card and points money. Thinking about a new wedge, Cleveland or Jaws.

Nothing I really need, but maybe next month.

EXS 220 ti-utility... black

Have mercy... That bag!
Normally prefer a 14-way but idc idc idc! ???
8BC4210F-F610-4F12-82E2-EFA66A4AD20A.jpeg

Only pondering when there is a need is boring. ;)
Oh this is a want and will have, the ponder was over the second I was told I couldn't have at that time. It is gorgeous .

A black BoP or Ten putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @Jman I want new irons what should I buy.

Hey @Jman I want new irons what should I buy.

Haha. I should just do this too!! He knows my swing/ game well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How "difficult" are players distance irons to hit?

Played a summer with SGIs from 36 down to 16 HCP and thinking about upgrading my irons this year since i cant stand the fat look of the SGIs, and i want something that i can enjoy down into hopefully single figures in the coming years. Will it be like day and night compared to SGIs?

How "difficult" are players distance irons to hit?

Played a summer with SGIs from 36 down to 16 HCP and thinking about upgrading my irons this year since i cant stand the fat look of the SGIs, and i want something that i can enjoy down into hopefully single figures in the coming years. Will it be like day and night compared to SGIs?

What do you have and what direction do you think about going to?

What do you have and what direction do you think about going to?

Currently have the Wilson D300 and thinking about the new Wilson D7 forged or similar. Maybe a Srixon Z585 and Z785 combo, Titleist P790 or Cobra Forged Tec.

Currently have the Wilson D300 and thinking about the new Wilson D7 forged or similar, maybe a Srixon Z585 and Z785 combo or Titleist P790.
585/785 combo would be an awesome choice. 585's are long and forgiving. The 785 in the sort irons are easy to hit and provide good feedback. Looks alone they are worth getting IMO.

I'm now shopping 3 wood shafts for my second driver experiment!

Currently have the Wilson D300 and thinking about the new Wilson D7 forged or similar, maybe a Srixon Z585 and Z785 combo or Titleist P790.

Awesome. First off D300 are pretty good sticks. I reviewed them for THP, as well as the D7 last year. Very easy to launch, hit high, and they go seemingly forever.

Of what you have listed, I've also spent time with Srixon 565(previous version of 585), and played the p790 for about half a season. Since D7 forged just came out, I can't really comment on their playability.

But here is where I would point you out of those options listed. I really liked the p790 for what they were, however, given the choice, and being that you are coming from D300, I'd make sure to give the 585 a VERY strong look. I think their sole design is killer for helping with turf interaction and while p790 might be a touch faster in ball speed, I think 585 launches easier and get the edge in forgiveness.

Awesome. First off D300 are pretty good sticks. I reviewed them for THP, as well as the D7 last year. Very easy to launch, hit high, and they go seemingly forever.

Of what you have listed, I've also spent time with Srixon 565(previous version of 585), and played the p790 for about half a season. Since D7 forged just came out, I can't really comment on their playability.

But here is where I would point you out of those options listed. I really liked the p790 for what they were, however, given the choice, and being that you are coming from D300, I'd make sure to give the 585 a VERY strong look. I think their sole design is killer for helping with turf interaction and while p790 might be a touch faster in ball speed, I think 585 launches easier and get the edge in forgiveness.

Thanks for your input. Taken from @Molten initial "review" in the D7 Forged thread it looks like the D7 Forged is pretty similar to the p790s in most areas. Im actually going to get a custom fit in Mars (since i live far up north in my country and all bigger golf stores are located in the south, so im timing it with an errand south) so I just wanted to get an idea if im biting off more than i can chew here or not requesting to try these.

But yes, those that i mentioned are the ones i will request to try out and see how i hit em, then depending how it goes maybe the fitter has something else in mind to try.

If anyone in here has any other suggestions that might suit my eye and has an equal head shape as those mentioned im grateful for any suggestions.

Back