Official Equipment Pondering Thread

So my equipment pondering took a 180 today. I was trying out the Cobra Speedzone 3w and 5w setups looking for a club that will get me 230-240 carry. Sitting there in the same fitting bag was a Speedzone 4-hybrid 21 deg. I do not like hybrids. Never have. Just don't like the look of them.....except this one. Looks like more like a 7w to me than a hybrid: fairly rounded shape and not to squarish on the face. Swings well.

Damn I hit it good. Too good. Like replace my 5 wood and be happy good. ARGGGGHHHHH. Nailed my carry number ( averaged 232-238 carry across all my mid face shots with 3800-4000 rpm of spin ).

Decisions....decisions....

Last edited:
I just posted on the Mizuno CLK question thread... help me build a club.... I'm gonna place an order soon and I'm looking for something longer in distance than a 3H but I hate FWs.

Anyone hit these??

a41746639e7ecba59eb0ae17958a4a25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hit these??

a41746639e7ecba59eb0ae17958a4a25.jpg

I’ve no doubt they’re solid irons. Eric just isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 902’s are still in my hoard, great irons, just felt it right to go another direction.

I’ve no doubt they’re solid irons. Eric just isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 902’s are still in my hoard, great irons, just felt it right to go another direction.

I just read every post im that 902 thread and 1031 thread! It Got me looking..

I have a set of catalyst shafts that I need to pair with some heads. Easy choice would be to throw them in my Orka RS10MB/CB heads. My ponder are the KZG tri tour heads, the new king forged tec irons, or the unreleased king tour (MIM) irons.

New Cobra Utility iron

binary shafts for the t rails

Elevate 105 b/c Elevate

Grips - Weird grip ponder
I'm waiting to hear more on the new utility iron as well but it could quickly go on my ponder list

Decided to fork over for a driver fitting next Wed. I’ve hit sim, st200g, and mavrik sz and max. Playing g400max. Curious if we can find a combo that bumps down spin with a little more ball speed and launch. Also as I have changed my swing and path, I think we can play with some weighting that might help me more consistently square the face.

I am exactly where you are right now. I have added a lot of swing speed and playing the G400max with the Alta stiff shaft is going way to high. The ST200 is tops on the list. Keep me updated

Plumbers neck putter
Cbx full face
Mavrik, speedzone, EXS, or mizuno driver.

New golf shaft puller.

Gotta go Mitchell, right @JB?

Say that again and I will not consider a mallet for another year. ;)
Would I be helping or hurting you by doing that? I thought mallets don't work for you as it is. Seriously confused!!

Would I be helping or hurting you by doing that? I thought mallets don't work for you as it is. Seriously confused!!
He doesn’t want a truly great mallet, just a pretty one. ;)

Easy Ody/Toulon die hards, put the torches down.

Back