Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Hitting the EXS 220 Hybrid, I pondered for months and ordered one the other day. Why? Was looking for a 5 wd replacement, but something slightly smaller in head size than 5 wd to get through rough yet forgiving with great ballspeed and easy off the turf. 19 Hy
Told you it was good.

Pondering the following:

Full set JPX 919 Tour
Or
JPX 919 Tour 6-PW with MP-20 HMB 4 & 5

I loved the first release of the tour, always wanted Mizunos and have an opportunity coming up.

I know the MP-20 is a full blended line but I think it could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to driver pondering. G400 max is nearly automatic but distance is all flight. Over and over I can find my landing divot right near my ball. As we heat up (mid 80s next weekend), I am ready to bump up the driver swing. Mav max is a bit longer but too draw biased and higher spin yet for me. I might revisit some options tomorrow. Sim smashing drivers is honestly not my idea of fun, but the swing is in a good place for testing. My earlier fitting was fubar because my swing was garbage that day.

They have been making so WAVES. I remember loving the CBX

What’s the shaft pairing?
Stock KBS in S, 80g I think.

Eyeing maybe giving a Paderson driver shaft a go.

Eyeing maybe giving a Paderson driver shaft a go.
I’ve been thinking about them more. Tech at a reasonable price is my jam.

Thinking about large 3w with tall face for tee club. Not sure what, I've always looked for shallow faced FWs, feel more confident with them of the deck.

Thinking about upgrading my driver and irons this summer as it's been a while. Currently playing with a Taylor Made R11 Driver and Nike blades. What are the consensus new or "hot" drivers/iron sets these days that I can try and get fitted for that the forum is liking? Looking at the Mavrick/Epic or Ping G410 for driver and Mizuno MP20s blades or maybe PING Blueprints for irons. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thinking about upgrading my driver and irons this summer as it's been a while. Currently playing with a Taylor Made R11 Driver and Nike blades. What are the consensus new or "hot" drivers/iron sets these days that I can try and get fitted for that the forum is liking? Looking at the Mavrick/Epic or Ping G410 for driver and Mizuno MP20s blades or maybe PING Blueprints for irons. Thoughts?
Don't pass on the ST200 if you want a Mizuno bag. Mizunos been putting out some great woods for a while and just keep getting better!

I would say take a hard look at the new Hogan ICON MB’s, the look and feedback is stellar, and the price is INSANE.

For drivers, no one is making a bad one, so you’ve got the whole field to play with there!

Vokey SM8 wedgies maybe...

Thinking 50F, 54D and 60D.

What graphite shaft to put in my SZ 4i?

We got AD-HY, RIP Alpha, Black Tie HM3, AD-DI....

Though not going to lie I kinda like the modus 105 in it right now.

What graphite shaft to put in my SZ 4i?

We got AD-HY, RIP Alpha, Black Tie HM3, AD-DI....

Though not going to lie I kinda like the modus 105 in it right now.
Recoil Utility Proto

Like a higher bounce LW?
Yeah, the low bounce options are not great for me around my home course. They put far too much sand in the bunkers and the conditions are rarely ever tight and firm. I used to have an SM7 58 D and enjoyed it. I see Vokey introed the new low bounce K which is intriguing.

Yeah, the low bounce options are not great for me around my home course. They put far too much sand in the bunkers and the conditions are rarely ever tight and firm. I used to have an SM7 58 D and enjoyed it. I see Vokey introed the new low bounce K which is intriguing.
If you like the D grind, then why not an M which is what the D grind is based off of?

If you like the D grind, then why not an M which is what the D grind is based off of?
I tend to press a bit more than I should when chipping and find the added bounce saves me a little from digging too much.
Do you like the Vokeys better than the RTx?

I just ordered some T100S irons, so kinda thinking maybe I should do a 48 gw rather than a 50

I tend to press a bit more than I should when chipping and find the added bounce saves me a little from digging too much.
Do you like the Vokeys better than the RTx?

I just ordered some T100S irons, so kinda thinking maybe I should do a 48 gw rather than a 50
I prefer them to my RTX4’s.

Back