Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I reeeeeeeeaaaaallllly want some 270G’s. Such a kick ass looking shoe!

Haven’t pondered in awhile but I guess it’s time lol.
been eye balling the Ping Heppler Tomcat14, Heppler Fetch and the Scotty Phantom 12🤦🏻‍♂️

I am trying not to buy a new 56° wedge right now, but I will probably lose that battle.

Looking at a Maltby TSW Forged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest the type of club is not as important as the gapping, try to find cubs that will fill a gap in your yardage. A 3w should be easier to use than a driver, so then a 5w may be a better next option down the bag. Ideally you want to create a nice yardage gap all the way down your bag. Find out how far you hit your 4i, and then work up the bag to the highest club you want to use

Thanks, makes sense. I’ll look at a 3W and work from there. Think it’ll give me a bit more than my 4I, but not as a wild as a driver at this point.
I’m playing Callaway Rogues, and was looking at woods from that set, however I spied some second hand Taylormade M2 Woods for sale local to me, £300/$390 for Driver, 3W, 5W & 3H. Is that worth looking at?

Thanks, makes sense. I’ll look at a 3W and work from there. Think it’ll give me a bit more than my 4I, but not as a wild as a driver at this point.
I’m playing Callaway Rogues, and was looking at woods from that set, however I spied some second hand Taylormade M2 Woods for sale local to me, £300/$390 for Driver, 3W, 5W & 3H. Is that worth looking at?

Certainly worth looking at, you don't have to use the driver just yet, but it will be there for when you are ready to game it. 3W, 5W & 3H is a good series of lofts down to your 4iron

That’s my thinking. Can start with the 5 & 3 and work toward the driver. They’re on eBay, but only 20 or so minutes from me. No bids yet, so may be open to offer. Is that decent value?

Could do with some advice here on building up my bag/club selection.
I have a new set of irons, 4-AW. I’m not overly accurate with my driver, so tend to go off the tee with my 3 Iron in my old set, but lessons should correct that in time.
Looking at what to add to round out my set. Fairway Wood and/or Hybrid. Is there call for both? If so, in what makeup, 3 or 4 FW and 3 or 4 Hybrid. Understanding the Fairway wood should be bridging the distance gap between my driver and 4 Iron (18 degree). Then the hybrid as a utility.
As a high handicap/new player, should I be looking at 3W or 4W, and how should that tie in with the hybrid, 3 or 4? Or is there only need for a FW or the Hybrid?
my opinion is get a 5 wood. Easier to hit and you still get a great flight with good distance.

Ugg....every time I think my bag is good to go, my ponders list grows larger.

Ponder on a Cobra SZ X
Stability tour shaft
etc.....etc....etc....

Browsing 2nd Swing last night and they have a bunch of new Titleist 818H hybrids at stupid prices. I promised myself I wouldn't buy another club without a fitting though...

my opinion is get a 5 wood. Easier to hit and you still get a great flight with good distance.

Since 3 wood is my problem and not driver I went driver, 4 wood, 3 hybrid. So far it is working out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Putters

i've been looking at mini drivers :rolleyes:

Pondering new irons, it's been a while and I got my last 2 sets off Ebay. Do set prices drop during the winter from manufacturers? Is it worth holding off or would the price pretty much be the same?

Also pondering a BH UiHi 3 and 4, and a 50 and 54 Equalizer Wedge. Currently have big gap from PW to SW (45 - 54), and the SW is at least 7 years old so seems like it may be time to replace it. If there wasn't a 25 day lead time I'd probably have pulled the trigger already :LOL:

An interesting golf ball release coming tomorrow. :unsure:

An interesting golf ball release coming tomorrow. :unsure:
Ahhh, playing the ol @JB teaser! He has taught you well young Padawan! 😉🤣

Pondering going lighter in the driver shaft. Currently playing 73 Grams, and thinking it may be a bit too much.

Pondering going lighter in the driver shaft. Currently playing 70 Grams, and thinking it may be a bit too much.
I moved back from the 70g in drivers this year and it’s been surprisingly refreshing on my durability in a round.

I moved back from the 70g in drivers this year and it’s been surprisingly refreshing on my durability in a round.

Ya, based on the raving you have done regarding Riptide, thinking I may give the 60 Gram Riptide a shot in my Mavrik. Should be able to find one relatively inexpensively. If it helps me down the stretch of a round, all the better.

I'm thinking about replacing my 3 wood with a 4 or 5 wood. I have a huge gap between 3 wood and 3 hybrid and lately it seems like I've had shots in that yardage gap that I've struggled with.

Looking forward to the Mizuno JPX921 and TM 700 series releases but find myself pondering the Srixon ZX7's. I have hit the local pro's 785's twice now and both times came away very impressed. That ponder has momentum.

Received notification that my Zipcore low bounce 60* wedge is shipping. I very much need a different option at lob wedge and hope this one fits my needs.

Back