Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I'm with you. I still think the combo set is the way for me in this particular line, but crap I'm having way more fun with these and playing decent golf.

I think you should stop pondering equipment and start pondering @Scarnici texts

I'm with you. I still think the combo set is the way for me in this particular line, but crap I'm having way more fun with these and playing decent golf.
Yeah, I don’t see ever going MB in the long irons, but I honestly think I could play them into the 8 and down forevermore.

I am so in love with playing demanding irons, the shots that I pulled off today are another confirmation that I absolutely CAN play them if I want to, so, why not play them?

Have you gone full set icons yet?

Have you gone full set icons yet?
Nah, look up, I’ve got no urge to go blades into the long irons. But I def still want a smaller profile overall.

Not good for my wallet with all the iron releases coming out where that can actually be built :ROFLMAO:

Nah, look up, I’ve got no urge to go blades into the long irons. But I def still want a smaller profile overall.

Not good for my wallet with all the iron releases coming out where that can actually be built :ROFLMAO:

Ugh... don’t get me started.. so much to like..

Yeah, I don’t see ever going MB in the long irons, but I honestly think I could play them into the 8 and down forevermore.

I agree 100% on the 8 and down. Signed, stamped, delivered.

I'm pondering more aggressive progression of shapes in my bag. And Srixon ZX... Simultaneously...

How many shafts can I try in my speedzone in like 1month? 🤔
I tried 8 in a month. None worked with that head for me, another year of working to make a cobra work for me...only for it not 😭

20200817_174336.jpg

20200817_174346.jpg

20200817_174645.jpg
20200817_174649.jpg

One of these is trying to go home with me.

Totally off topic, but why at the 8? I fight where to best start mine, but lately I've been doing it at the 7. It seems like every time I get to a tough shot or tricky par 3 in the 7 range, but am playing them starting at the 8, I wish I had the blade there. Conversely, I've yet to regret carrying the blade in that spot. A lot of combos start at the 8, but I play my apex combo at the 6, and seem to like my Honma blades to start at 7 in that combo. You get to try a lot of stuff, so I'm just curious what makes that the spot for you with that set.

Totally off topic, but why at the 8? I fight where to best start mine, but lately I've been doing it at the 7. It seems like every time I get to a tough shot or tricky par 3 in the 7 range, but am playing them starting at the 8, I wish I had the blade there. Conversely, I've yet to regret carrying the blade in that spot. A lot of combos start at the 8, but I play my apex combo at the 6, and seem to like my Honma blades to start at 7 in that combo. You get to try a lot of stuff, so I'm just curious what makes that the spot for you with that set.
At the length I hit my 7i, I want the added forgiveness and launch. Thats not a range where I'm working or flighting the ball a lot, 8 and down, fair game on any shot to manipulate things. Plus, the profile of the set being blended matters, in the Apex Combo it was too big for me long term, in the PTx Pro/ICON its perfection in blending.

Those putters are haunting me. The Scotty Laguna fits my eye and normal preferred style perfectly, but I don't think I missed a putt with that M Craft 1. It was unbelievable for touch ones and feels like it would be a weapon on greens like today. There has to be a thread on them here, right?

*goes thread hunting

Those putters are haunting me. The Scotty Laguna fits my eye and normal preferred style perfectly, but I don't think I missed a putt with that M Craft 1. It was unbelievable for touch ones and feels like it would be a weapon on greens like today. There has to be a thread on them here, right?

*goes thread hunting
That M Kraft is talking loudly.

The m kraft is good and I don't use a bladed putter. I made a lot of putts with it though..

Wedges... wedges... wedges.

Going this week to get fit for either a Titleist TS2/3 or Ping G410. The SZ Rogue just isnt consistent enough like my old 816 DBD

The Callaway Big Bertha B21 sounds like the ultimate driver! Curious to see if it lives up to the hype!

PTX pro irons. Deciding if I should go PTX pro or combo set with the Icons.

Another Bettinardi has caught my eye. I hate pondering something, but this one needs some deep thought. :unsure:

Just putting aside driver heads for prizes for THP Fantasy Football!

Exciting times.

Back