Official Equipment Pondering Thread

a special limited offer from Mizuno - sure to interest some, although I'm happy with my Miura irons and will not be buying these.

I'm starting to get the itch for a different set of irons. I busted out an old Hogan 4i last night and it was just fun to hit. They're from the 80's so I wasn't getting any crazy distance off it, but the small heads and steel shafts are just so different than my graphite shafted GI's.

So, I looked over the Maltby irons and nothing looked that interesting. Browsed ebay and saw a nicer set of Radials than what I have. Looked at a couple sets of Hogan BH-5s and then remembered my son has my old set of Mizuno JPX 850's I reshafted and then gave to him after "quitting golf" a couple years ago. He hasn't used them once so I might ask for them back. I think it would be nice to have an alternate set of irons or even a completely different bag for when I get into a funk.

5 hybrid and Jaws Raw… no need for the wedge but want to try the z grind. My ball striking would lead some to believe the 5 hybrid should be a buy….

I have a few ponders right now...push cart, Odyssey putter, putting mirror, rogue ST driver... i think i need to pick the push cart i am going to get and get a couple lessons, then decide on which way i want to go from there. I like looking though...

I have many ponders, none of them active ponders atm, though. I'm kinda thinkin' I should probably actually start, y'know, playing, before I consider new/additional hardware 🤪

Except I did buy that TTT KLYR range finder, and the two SeeMore training aids... Now, curious about what my swing speeds are, I'm seriously pondering the immediate acquisition of a PRGR Pocket Launch Monitor.

It's just possible I'm a hopeless equipment hooer :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I kinda want some FJ’s :oops:

I really need a 3 wood and this matched my Rogue ST 🔥39A77181-50D6-4D2B-9F66-269DA23327D0.jpeg

Still pondering hard on a 3/4w to be used as a tee only club. I'm loving the HyWood on tighter holes or shorter par 4s but I need something that'll give me another 15-20 yards or so.

pondering a 4h to replace my uhx4. I am not sure what yet maybe a halo xl or a bb21

I’ve been pondering swapping out my Mizuno Pro 223s for something else. Finally committed to a trade for an almost brand new set of Apex Pro 19s. They should be here Friday and I’m super excited to take them out

I’ve been pondering swapping out my Mizuno Pro 223s for something else. Finally committed to a trade for an almost brand new set of Apex Pro 19s. They should be here Friday and I’m super excited to take them out
Those 223 are so sexy. Unfortunately way out of my current price range

I'm going back and forth about buying a new 54 Jaws Raw and 58 Jaws FT....do I or do I not...I say yes, but I can here the voice of a woman saying what the hell did you buy now? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Those 223 are so sexy. Unfortunately way out of my current price range
They look so good but I just couldn’t get along with them. I’ve demoed other Mizuno irons in the past with the same result. I still think they’re great irons but not for me. Decided to jump over to Callaway. It will be my first set but I reallyyyyy liked the Apex 19 line when I was considering a new set a few years back

They look so good but I just couldn’t get along with them. I’ve demoed other Mizuno irons in the past with the same result. I still think they’re great irons but not for me. Decided to jump over to Callaway. It will be my first set but I reallyyyyy liked the Apex 19 line when I was considering a new set a few years back
I had the exact opposite experience. Considering going back to a combo with my MP32 low irons.

The hybrid has been carried along but too afraid to pull it out due to poor use... wondering what i need in that spot because 215-220 is a lay ungettable with 4iron.

I had the exact opposite experience. Considering going back to a combo with my MP32 low irons.
So weird how golf equipment works. What someone loves, another person might hate

Back