Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering what equipment THP Fantasy Football winners will be getting.

Pondering a full size driver. I think the mini experiment is over

I had a ponder of a 4h and that was fulfilled.

Yes! What are you going with?
I've really enjoyed hitting @Golfers Anonymous Rogue ST. It's definitely the leader in the clubhouse at this time. Haven't tried many other offerings yet this year but I've hit that one pretty well

I've really enjoyed hitting @Golfers Anonymous Rogue ST. It's definitely the leader in the clubhouse at this time. Haven't tried many other offerings yet this year but I've hit that one pretty well
This was a understatement you obliterated that ball on 18 😆

Pondering g425 max 3 wood . Will be hitting and testing shafts tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering a full size driver. I think the mini experiment is over
I just left my mini for an ST-Z. Got some yards back, though I miss the profile at setup.

I get to hit TSR tomorrow, so I’m pondering that pretty hard.

I just left my mini for an ST-Z. Got some yards back, though I miss the profile at setup.
The Boys had one last weekend but I didn't swing it. Looked and sounded great though

I get to hit the TSR today!

LTDX LS driver...for no reason at all.

Golf shoes. They've been on my ponder list ever since the beginning of last season. But it was more along the lines of "If my training pays off, and if I play enough to justify the expense..." kind of a thing.

But in discovering, just recently, how important "ground force" is, at least for me, golf shoes may have just risen to the very top of the ponder list. As in: Acquire sooner, rather than later?

My wife: so, with the Grandaddy, you're not buying anymore golf stuff, right?

Me, walking into the house carrying Chrome Soft Truvis balls:

My wife: so, with the Grandaddy, you're not buying anymore golf stuff, right?
Hahaha! :ROFLMAO:

Every time I acquire some new golf thing my wife goes "So this is it for a while, right?" "Yeah, I've no plans to buy anything else until I've some games under my belt and have a better feel for where I'm going with this thing."

Yeah... right. Wait'll she finds out what freakin' golf shoes cost.

Yeah... right. Wait'll she finds out what freakin' golf shoes cost.

Funny thing is, she is all about me having shoes that go with whatever colors/shirts we end up with, and wants to come to PGATSS with me and check out shoes. Apparently she has shoe purchase plans of her own, so it's probably a set up of some sort.

The CHIPR thread has me thinking about getting a chipper. The PING is a little too expensive for an experiment, but thinking about the Cleveland Smart Sole model.

Chipping has always been a weakness of my game. My scrambling stats are terrible. I've worked really hard on it this year, but I'm mediocre at best. Several league/tournament rounds have been impacted by my ability to consistently get up and down. If a chipper can make this a strength, I have no shame putting one in the bag.
Chipping was killing me, I pulled the trigger on the Ping and have not been disappointed. In 27 holes and a session at the range I have not hit one thin or fat. I have hit it few long and few short (only because the speed at which I hit the chip), but always stayed on the green . It looks to be a real game changer, esp if I can continue to dial in the speed.

Chipping was killing me, I pulled the trigger on the Ping and have not been disappointed. In 27 holes and a session at the range I have not hit one thin or fat. I have hit it few long and few short (only because the speed at which I hit the chip), but always stayed on the green . It looks to be a real game changer, esp if I can continue to dial in the speed.

I had a brief fling with the Cleveland Smart Sole a few weeks ago. I figured if I didn't like it, I'd use the PGA Tour SS to return it and buy a then released CHIPR. But I couldn't figure it out. It was very short. And since I am a claw putter, I didn't feel comfortable 'just use a putting stroke' as I don't have a comfortable one. I couldn't get distance control down to save my life.

I went back to my CBX2. But still a work in progress. I spent a TON of time on short game this year. 17 holes were great. One hole I skulled a very simple chip across the green twice. Missed a first place finish in my flight by 2 strokes. Just kills my game.

Pondering going back to steel shafts in my irons. I've been missing left a lot lately and it's been bugging me. I've picked up about a club of distance thanks to stretching daily and working on my shoulder turn, but I've also picked up about a 15 yard draw. Not quite a hook, but the ball goes straight then draws off to the left. I've tried opening the face at address, messing with my tempo, putting lead tape on the toe to stop it from closing, etc.

This morning I grabbed my son's CBX 7i with the stock R flex DST steel, vs my D200 with the Elements Chrome. Almost a 40 gram difference between the two. My swing felt so much smoother and better with the CBX and the draw was more like 5 yards. I moved to graphite due to tennis elbow concerns but the heavier steel in the CBX just made me feel more in tempo and the big left miss was gone.

Shoe ponder complete. Gonna head over to the LGS later today and try on a pair of Adidas S2Gs. Wish me luck.

Back