Official Equipment Pondering Thread

TSi2 hybrids. It's just a matter of when.
Need to find a pre-owned selection with the Tensei white 90g shaft.

I'm thinking of ditching both my 2019 Apex & Srixon ZX7s for Mizuno 225, Forged 923, or maybe a Cobra Tec Forged set.
Wife thinks I'm nuts.

Pondering a set of Cobra Forged Tec One Lengths (7 - GW), or LTDx One Lengths (7 - GW) but on my budget all I can do is ponder. The latter will give me true powerbats.

TS….

Hard ponder on the 923 Hot Metals with a 923 HL gap wedge to round out the set. Recoil 95's with Win DriTac grips

This is a very specific ponder!

Wife said she's ready for some new golf clubs. YES!

Time to start doing my research.
Ooooooooh! Is she gonna start actually taking advantage of being the best athlete in the house?

Just a matter of time......
Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 6-PW
Recoil 95/ REG shaft
Golf Pride CP2 Wrap

Based off my results with a 5 iron off the tee (on a couple of the shorter par 4’s I play), I’ve been considering adding a TEE utility iron. I don’t know if that’s a bad idea or not. I feel like my misses may lose more distance than a hybrid, but directionally would be better. Then I think I’m an idiot. Could go either way.

Based off my results with a 5 iron off the tee (on a couple of the shorter par 4’s I play), I’ve been considering adding a TEE utility iron. I don’t know if that’s a bad idea or not. I feel like my misses may lose more distance than a hybrid, but directionally would be better. Then I think I’m an idiot. Could go either way.
I don’t think you’re crazy at all. And that club, is a BEAST.

I want to ponder something, but hell, I love my setup.

I don’t think you’re crazy at all. And that club, is a BEAST.

Pretty reasonable cost too. We are in the windy season, so height isn’t really all that desirable.

Pretty reasonable cost too. We are in the windy season, so height isn’t really all that desirable.
It’s SO hot. Sooooo hot.

Do it!

Tour Edge is just down the street from you. Between them, Wilson Staff and Sub 70, you could have an all Illinois bag.

Should I swap irons for fun today?

Do it!

Tour Edge is just down the street from you. Between them, Wilson Staff and Sub 70, you could have an all Illinois bag.
TEE being an Illinois brand does put them a few points up the rung for me. Used to have a lot of love W/S too! Spent time at their HQ and R&D center. That was way back in the Vrska days though.

Ooooooooh! Is she gonna start actually taking advantage of being the best athlete in the house?
I am late responding to this.

The information provided is both fair, and emotionally punishing, but I am also here for it.

What is in the bag? Titleist T100s?

I assume they have been outstanding for you.
I have wear spots. Good wear spots. I loves them.

I am late responding to this.

The information provided is both fair, and emotionally punishing, but I am also here for it.
Let’s face it, she’s an athlete.

It’s feeling like a take the TCB out for a spin kinda day.

Also, my 1 bag is going for an iron fitting today. Curious to see where he ends up. Currently in 221 MB bent 2 strong with OG PX in 6.5 :eek:

For the first time in a long time I'm not pondering anything. I'm sure that will change in time but I'm so satisfied with my bag after all my experimenting that I feel I have the best setup for my game. It's the first time I've felt this way and having confidence in my setup is a nice change

I am pondering whether to get a new driver or fairway wood. I have an LTDx driver in the bag however all the new TSR love has me interested. My 3w is the oldest club in my bag a TM M6 and I am contemplating replacing it with potentially a TSR2 15. Ordinarily I would be in the why not both camp but I am trying to stay married.

I am leaning toward the 3w. Right now my 3w and 5w (Sim 2 Ti) carry close to the same distance with more total distance on the 3w. I would like to find a bit more power out of the 3w.

Back