Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Dang it, the review on the Cleveland CBX full face has me thinking....... But, my current RTX4 is so sweet for pitches.

Ping g410 5w? Sits flat from the fairway but also does well for me off the tee too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not spending that kind of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need replacement spikes. Champ Helix Slim-Lok.
Best price and selection? Direct from Champ.
Do they ship to Canada? Of course not.

I’m trying to figure out what to put between my 4 iron and driver...

leaning towards a 4W and either a utility iron or hybrid. Could go 3W and 5W....

Decisions, decisions...

I’m going through swing changes and have stepped down from 130g X stiff shafts. I can feel the difference on my body. Currently in S400’s but can see the move to a lighter weight shaft a possibility, Nippon 120x or recoil. I recently tried the Modus 105x and was pleasantly surprised. Solid #’s for me. Imagine me not swinging like I used to...working on more controlled, less aggressive and smoother tempo.

Love my Nippon Modus 120X!

Just got used to my M1 irons and now I'm thinking about Ping i200s... Hit a 7i last weekend and the feel is totally something else than what I have used to have from TMs..

I recently hit the 115 prototype in F5 and they felt superb!

When I could swing this week I had the best success with the MMT, but my swing is in shambles at the moment.

In the end it’ll be MMT, Recoil, or Elevate.
I have over 20 rounds in with the Recoil 110 Prototype shafts and there has been a huge relief in joint pain and elbow pain. Before the Graphite Challenge I could barely pick up the club without elbow pain. That pain has totally disappeared with the Recoils.

Debating a used rangefinder, my gps app just doesn’t seem accurate

I have over 20 rounds in with the Recoil 110 Prototype shafts and there has been a huge relief in joint pain and elbow pain. Before the Graphite Challenge I could barely pick up the club without elbow pain. That pain has totally disappeared with the Recoils.

Do you have the F4 or the F5?

Beauty is, MMT also gives that benefit and the VSS in the Elevates work quite well too.

One thing is certain though, with my arm issues lately I think the time is here for a full time return to graphite.

Love that you found a shaft in an OEM that works for you dude. Looking forward to seeing what shaft/head you get fit into by @DannyLe this weekend.

I’m this close to pulling the trigger on an Stroke Lab 2ball Slant..

giphy.gif

Ponderless....

For the next 15 min, at least....

Debating a used rangefinder, my gps app just doesn’t seem accurate

What app do you use? I use Golfshot and it’s fairly accurate. Not as good as a dedicated rangefinder of course.

Beauty is, MMT also gives that benefit and the VSS in the Elevates work quite well too.

One thing is certain though, with my arm issues lately I think the time is here for a full time return to graphite.

Your body will thank you.

What app do you use? I use Golfshot and it’s fairly accurate. Not as good as a dedicated rangefinder of course.

I use golflogix. Sometimes it seems accurate to what the tee box says but at the local exec we play it can be off by 15 yards from the tee box sign. I'm not sure how accurate the signs are as its a cheap course but it's making me lose confidence in the app.

Gah, those Titleist T400's. I'm pondering how to get them in my bag. One at a time if I must.?

Graphite remains large on my mind. But finding reasonable graphite shaft options to test has been frustrating. The local fitting setups only carry graphite shafts as an option for fitting slower swing speeds. I want to minimize body wear and tear -- late 50's -- but backing off on performance is not on my agenda (108-110 driver and 92-93 7i). And buying without trying has burned me in the past. Maybe one of these days I'll get somewhere where I can try out more options. I think the industry will eventually shift, but for now lower price steel is still king.

Ok soooo sticking with my search on driver.... ST 190, ST 200, and Ben Hogan GS53 (entered the list because @LLIB has one for sale)

Graphite remains large on my mind. But finding reasonable graphite shaft options to test has been frustrating. The local fitting setups only carry graphite shafts as an option for fitting slower swing speeds. I want to minimize body wear and tear -- late 50's -- but backing off on performance is not on my agenda (108-110 driver and 92-93 7i). And buying without trying has burned me in the past. Maybe one of these days I'll get somewhere where I can try out more options. I think the industry will eventually shift, but for now lower price steel is still king.

Time to take action and move this ponder forward. Trying a WTB:

I wasn't sure where else to put this but I have pondered long enough and finally, made the investment. I know it's nothing fancy or special but it's a nice little set up for me. I went with the SkyTrack, Fiberbuilt 7' x 4' Studio hitting Mat, and the Net Return Home series net. I have so far gotten two sessions in and couldn't be happier with the purchase. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. I will warn you, if you reach out, I will do my best to sell you on everything! I'm just excited I get to practice everyday!

jIMG_0871.jpeg

Back