Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pars and Stripes and Camo in there?

Asking for a friend. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
That would be ridiculous.. Or the new camo head SZ!

Need more greenside spin.

2020 CSX, Titleist ProV either X or 1, Srixon Z or XV and the new Mustache Pix

Pondering these, Titleist ProV either X or 1, Srixon Z or XV and the new Mustache Pix
CSX is really good for spin around the greens

Pondering these, Titleist ProV either X or 1, Srixon Z or XV and the new Mustache Pix

I've been looking at the same thing and have the CSX TT in place of the Srixon. I have some of the TM Pix, non-stache.

CSX is really good for spin around the greens
I've been looking at the same thing and have the CSX TT in place of the Srixon. I have some of the TM Pix, non-stache.

Playing partner the last two rounds put the CSX TT in play and normally I'm longer/same distance, he was 15 yards by me every time.

Getting a ton of spin, but he does that anyway. Definitely need to check them out.

Put some XVs in play last week and was very happy off the tee and on approach shots, was looking for a bit less greenside rollout though, but very solid

Playing partner the last two rounds put the CSX TT in play and normally I'm longer/same distance, he was 15 yards by me every time.

Getting a ton of spin, but he does that anyway. Definitely need to check them out.

Put some XVs in play last week and was very happy off the tee and on approach shots, was looking for a bit less greenside rollout though, but very solid
Theres just so many good balls out there now. Hard to choose with so many options

Are you looking at the TP5 or the TP5x? I don't have the new mustache pix but probably have a sleeve of the plain version of each if you want me to bring them next Friday.

Are you looking at the TP5 or the TP5x? I don't have the new mustache pix but probably have a sleeve of the plain version of each if you want me to bring them next Friday.

Whichever spins more greenside, wasn't happy with the TP5 or X last year, but new equipment means new ball. You don't have to do that brother

Whichever spins more greenside, wasn't happy with the TP5 or X last year, but new equipment means new ball. You don't have to do that brother
No worries.. I may have a few options with me for you to try out.

I have had a head of steam for new irons. The new JPX921 and TM 7 series are appealing, and my hope was to get a set with at least some playing time before winter puts on the golf brakes. Looking at realistic time to ship from ordering is changing my thinking. I doubt I can get new irons in time. Tight at best. And then that has me thinking about rumored, upcoming updates from Ping and Callaway as well: i210 and Apex updates, maybe? I am sure there will be others as well. Maybe I should fight my lust and abstain for awhile? I feel like I've heard that before. ;)

This is such hard time of year for me as a northern golfer, especially this year with all the delays. I've been trying to hold off getting a new set of irons (T100S new in May anyway) but I'm drawn to all of these new release like a moth to a flame! I can't help myself. The only thing that may save me is the realization that it will be a couple of months in most cases to get what I'm wanting to order so that may help me make it to next spring.

I want raw irons.

😭

Playing partner offered to buy my RTX 4's... pondering agreeing and buying the new Zipcore's.

I'm considering getting a cheap set on eBay and stripping them for raw.
I have these Miura CB1008’s here that I’ve been considering doing the same with. Or sending the J40 CB’s in for a refinish and stripping the chrome...

Playing partner offered to buy my RTX 4's... pondering agreeing and buying the new Zipcore's.
Is there even a question in there somewhere? :p

I wish more than anything Hogan had the players combos available in the black finish, it would put my ponder itch at rest and I could remove the finish to have raw irons like I want. 😭

I am hard pondering new irons. But I don't want to pull the trigger on anything until I see what Callaway is coming out with next. Taylormade, Mizuno, and Miura offerings are pretty nice so far.

Strangely, I still LOVE my current irons and they do everything I want, but the pull towards new and shiny is strong.

Back