Official Equipment Pondering Thread

All of it.... its all a ponder at all times....

😆. Uhhh...whiskey

20201024_013618.jpg

Ok former strong single digit player here back in game at 63 and need one final fairway/long par 3 club - a weak 4w or strong 5 to fill out set. SS driver after long fitting recently is between 98-101 and naturally draw the ball. I am looking for a really nice profile and performance club to hit between 190-220 that most importantly I can "work" as needed.. Just got a PXG prototype driver and a hybrid to go with 0211 irons in a shaft Accrra that is mid between Reg and Senior and am going to keep in bag a Ping G20 15 degree 3wood that is my one go to club off tee and into par 5s (when I can go try still for them or at least get close). Looking at the PXG again (not sure I like the look at address but otherwise very good in trial) but also considering anything else that is hopefully adaptable to loft and if possible other weighting. Looked at TM, Callaway, Cobra, Ping but have not bit yet although the SIM models look real good.. Reading an article from JB the recent Mizunos have some interest but have not found one to try yet. If I go custom it will be a half to one inch long as I have "shortish" arms and play better a little longer lengthy normally. Son works part-time at a 2nd Swing so I can try and buy just about anything. Budget up to $350 or so if needed. Right now leaning toward a Titleist s3 fairway custom order as currently bag a circa 4w from around 2005 from them. May though at end at end of day just put off a year for new models or perhaps will be building myself as used to do a lot of that. At my age this club will get a lot of play so want to try to get it right. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Right? I was looking at them all yesterday and the bags are so nice. The Mrs might kill me if I order another bag though

good value?

good value?
They weren’t the cheapest things in the world but I have two vessel bags and they have held up real well. One is my primary bag and it’s easy to clean, carry, and shows no real wear.

I was just talking to a couple buddies and getting their feedback on theirs yesterday. I'm hoping for a black Friday sale and I'll probably pull the trigger.
That’s when I bought mine :ROFLMAO: it was a price I could feel good about

Reactions: KEV
I was going to post that a 2021 AC Membership was a ponder, but I don't think that is an honest statement.

A 2021 AC Membership - nope, that's a no brainer.

There, that's better.:p

Pondering some Vice golf balls for the fall/winter.

Wait a hot minute! They come in gray too? If I was going to pull the trigger, it would have to be the white/orange/lime one though....
Oh yeah, they come in grey. One of the spring ones has a sweet texture in grey, too. I like.

Oh yeah, they come in grey. One of the spring ones has a sweet texture in grey, too. I like.
And they go on sale at Black Friday eh? Might have to go check the coin jar to see what's in it.

Pondering the Jaws wedges hard. My MD3’s just seem to have lost their spin. After trying several different brands of wedges the Callaway just works better for me.

Pondering the Jaws wedges hard. My MD3’s just seem to have lost their spin. After trying several different brands of wedges the Callaway just works better for me.
Man, the MD5 are imo the best wedges they’ve put out since the LEGENDARY xforged, I say pull that trigger dude

Man, the MD5 are imo the best wedges they’ve put out since the LEGENDARY xforged, I say pull that trigger dude
I ordered one so far. Trying to hold out for Xmas as my wife will be expecting a list. :ROFLMAO:

Back