Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Ponder revision..... Modus 125 Stiff. Gonna buy a few test shafts and see how they go.
Another revision to ponder, turned purchase....

Picked up a set of $-Taper HT shafts for the T100s!

www.discountdansgolf.com

I just can't spend too much on a 7 wd because who knows? It may go in and out of the bag on a routine basis. And I use an EXS 220 because I have the 3 and 5 wd and their shallow face and the right shaft makes it very friendly to me. I'm having a tough time with a TM SIM Ti 3 wd, pull out the TEE and breathe a sigh of relief.

But if you go 4 wd, 7 wd, I can see getting what you prefer to match woods.
Just grabbed a TS2 7 wood certified preowned from Global for $150. Not too shabby to try one out.

Last edited:
Pondered too much on wedges - decided to bend my MP T-20 from 48-08 to 50-10, the 53-11 to 54-12, and bought a 59-09 in Pro Modus 3 125 in Raw to make it easier to grind off a bit of trailing edge.

I have a 58-12 C grind but I use it so much in practice, I'm wearing it down, at least on the sole.

My ponder was Ping Glide 3.0. and/or Ping Forged Tried them, liked them, but also like the Mizuno. And Mizunos are in the shaft I like - Nippon Pro Modus 3 115.

Except for next year's driver, I am done (famous last words). Time to sell extra irons on eBay or here.

Two sets of irons. I want to explore forgiveness and precision. I’m still quite limited in my iron experience (ping i25 and now mp 18 mmc). My continuing to emerge game is about consistency, and I am very curious where my sweet spot is with irons. Players irons are adding forgiveness, and game improvement irons are adding playability and distance consistency. OK, I love experiments. But what to get? Instead of another tweener set can I straddle the edges with 2 sets? I think thst might just happen. My wife is going to whack me over the head.

Thinking about replacing 3FW and 3H with a 5FW. New setup: driver, 5FW, 4H, 4I, irons, wedges, putter. Not sure about 4H and 4I. 4H is a rescue club. I'd rather hit my T200 4I from the fairway.

3FW tends to be a backup driver on short and/or tight holes. I occasionally hit it off the deck. 5FW is soooo much easier to get the desired consistency, flight, and trajectory.

Auditions commence in the next month or so. Titleist TSi, Callaway Mavrik, and TM Sim are the top contenders.

This change will create an opening. Extra wedge or maybe a utility iron??????

Yeah ... negative on Midsize.
I’m in this ponder now. What made you want to try them and how did you determine so quickly it wasn’t a good fit?

Pondering a second driver in the bag. The podcast got me.

I’m in this ponder now. What made you want to try them and how did you determine so quickly it wasn’t a good fit?
I thought I was going to like them, but I just didn’t get along with them started missing right way more than I’m accustomed to...

I’m sitting here with so many ponders. The only slot I’m not really wondering about is my putter And wedges. There must be something wrong with me! lol

really want to see the new drivers this year. Also new hybrids maybe... maybe... same with irons. In the midst of testing some stuff on the iron front.

OK so stitch has 30% off and vessel has 20% off. Debating an SL2 or a vessel players or VLX....hmm

do it

Do It

DO IT!!!

Finally, a club facing the proper direction!:ROFLMAO:

well, i have pieced together 6i - 9i...gotta order shafts and fancy ferrules. the investment and thought that are going into this will most definitely result in horrific play while i even out the sins of a gear huer :ROFLMAO:

OK so stitch has 30% off and vessel has 20% off. Debating an SL2 or a vessel players or VLX....hmm
Man that Vessel puts out some beautiful golf bags....

I went with the VLX. Can’t wait for delivery. Such an awesome bag.

I want to try The 3 length setup 43.5” Driver fairways (17° and 22.5°) OL Hybo/UT 5-GW 2 OL MIM wedges and a 34" putter

Man that Vessel puts out some beautiful golf bags....

I really like that gray VLX. But it’s not in stock. If they wouldn’t mind letting me place an order I would have no problem waiting for it.

Srixon hybrid not really cutting it at the moment. Considering snagging a 5 wood to replace it.

Back