Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I love my Ping G 4 hybrid, 1but I really need another club between it and my 6 iron, which may mean the new club (5 hybrid?) is too close to my current 4 hybrid, which means I may add a 5 h and replace my 4h, both adjustable. Will be interesting. And this plan will probably blow up when I see the 2021 releases.

I need a club that will consistently go 200 yards, and straight. Not off the tee. I always revert back to my G15 hybrid but there has got to be something out there that I can hit a bit more consistently.

Shot scope v3?

Interesting thought as I remember @MWard saying something about less than a handful of your players using single lengths historically. While I think part of that is lack of availability in a package that makes sense I wanted to dive in a little deeper.

So went to a tour rep for one of the biggest tour vans on tour. A TON of tour players play their wedges all at the same length. Why? To eliminate variables.

This is interesting. My coach /club builder actually advocates for the wedges to be the same length. He built the Orkas to be the same length in AW, SW, and LW. I thought this would be weird but they play fine and I don't notice it

Range finder again

haven’t bought golf stuff in a while, need to scratch an itch 😂

1) One Length Irons
2) One Length Wedges
3) Full Mallet
4) Maybe Arm Lock Full Mallet

I need something Toulon-ish. Not this, but playing with colors. The head shape is growing on me more and more.

1608870108741.png

Also pondering.... 2021 - The Year of the Iron.

Man I wish they would just modify that a bit and create a Toulon Rossie model!

Well now I have another putter ponder 👊 this thing is pretty cool
1608870611362.png

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
This is interesting. My coach /club builder actually advocates for the wedges to be the same length. He built the Orkas to be the same length in AW, SW, and LW. I thought this would be weird but they play fine and I don't notice it
Usually puts the increasing SW's right where I like them too. I don't think same length wedges get talked about near enough. Example: I didn't know yours were.
And every time I get my clubs bent by someone new they give me a face and start to comment about the lies being the same at that end, and I have to tell them 'well the clubs aren't getting shorter'.

Maybe we should start putting that in signatures or something.

Usually puts the increasing SW's right where I like them too. I don't think same length wedges get talked about near enough. Example: I didn't know yours were.
And every time I get my clubs bent by someone new they give me a face and start to comment about the lies being the same at that end, and I have to tell them 'well the clubs aren't getting shorter'.

Not a bad idea. This is a fun bag I put together for fun and I haven't talked about any of it really.. I'll have to remedy that!

Huh. So you (and others) go gap, sand, and lob web (or whatever the wedges) same length as PW from an iron set? What are the benefits? Swing consistency? This is new to me.

I want to go OL.

Badly.

But for a WHOLE year. :oops:

got some gift cards for x-mas....CPO is calling :ROFLMAO:

Tour Edge irons...
C 521's... maybe
E 521's... maybe
Not sure which though.

While I'd LOVE a set of Titleist T400's, those aren't in my budget.

Huh. So you (and others) go gap, sand, and lob web (or whatever the wedges) same length as PW from an iron set? What are the benefits? Swing consistency? This is new to me.
I honestly don't know why the majority of people that do it, do it. I've heard various reasons. Shortly after I started putting together my own clubs and experimenting I found I had consistently better results on full swings with them. I do a lot of full swing approaches with my G/A/S wedges, so that had some value to me. The slightly increasing swing weights and softer playing of the shafts seemed to each provide me better control and feel as well. And honestly, it was easier to build. Just became a thing for me. It's no big deal to choke down just a little on them for control and/or a lighter feel, so I kind of like being able to have the best of both worlds with them.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know why the majority of people that do it, do it. I've heard various reasons. Shortly after I started putting together my own clubs and experimenting I found I had consistently better results on full swings with them. I do a lot of full swing approaches with my G/A/S wedges, so that had some value to me. The slightly increasing swing weights and softer playing of the shafts seemed to each provide me better control and feel as well. And honestly, it was easier to build. Just became a thing for me. It's no big thing to choke down just a little on them for control and/or a lighter feel, so I kind of like being able to have the best of both worlds with them.

I might play with that idea. I have plans to re-shaft my wedges.

I need to buy those green and yellow kbs wedge shafts. I think. 🤔

I need a new putting mat, just unsure what to look at. A puttout mat maybe.... maybe not. It needs to lay flat, but still be able to be rolled up for storage again.

Next up 921 Hot Metal Pro vs Hot Metal. Fit for Hot Metals, but didn't hit HMP. I need to be able to go to a store and hit stuff again.... but all the stores are closed.

Cobra Rad Speed

Current Ponders

Rad Speed XB Driver, Mizuno 921 Forged Irons, and the new Srixon ZX Utilities in 3 and 4.

Not in a huge rush since its winter and I want to see what new releases come out in January, but I could see all those in the bag in the Spring

Back