Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a pic!

Hard to get a good pic. Maybe video would be better.

P2253151_zps42ff7e1b.jpg

And this is where I will be doing the measuring:

P2253152_zps15f0c22d.jpg

This is what it was last time. We got one more inch on top of this to be right at 10.75":

P2213137_zpsdcc5a640.jpg

Guess we cannot complain too much but its not looking like much of a warm up in the next ten days. Buck and I were going to try and play Weds but that looks like its not going to happen now. Went from a 40% to 20% chance of rain Sunday to Monday and now its 90%, stupid.

Worst part about all that snow is how much we NEED the moisture, but all the snow we have had up this way has had little more than a 10th" per 10 feet. Super dry, just sucks.

Worst part about all that snow is how much we NEED the moisture, but all the snow we have had up this way has had little more than a 10th" per 10 feet. Super dry, just sucks.

Our snow this time is going to be a heavy wet one. 10-12 inches and temps around 30. Last week's storm we had the same snow but it was under 20*.

Our snow this time is going to be a heavy wet one. 10-12 inches and temps around 30. Last week's storm we had the same snow but it was under 20*.

That's good, I know how badly you guy's need the water. Our's was so dry I didn't even need the 4wd to get through it around here.

That's good, I know how badly you guy's need the water. Our's was so dry I didn't even need the 4wd to get through it around here.

Hopefully it stays above freezing and we end up getting 5 inches of rain instead!

Still not sticking. Hope the temps stay above freezing all night.

Still not sticking. Hope the temps stay above freezing all night.

It's coming down hard and fast in Central MO. Temp is still above freezing, so we will see. Looks like I will be without satellite for a while though. Mine just went out.

It's coming down hard and fast in Central MO. Temp is still above freezing, so we will see. Looks like I will be without satellite for a while though. Mine just went out.
The news stations are still predicting the same as they have been all day. They say between 1 and 7 am is going to be the heaviest.

So I will likely be clearing driveways when I get up.

Looks like we have 5 or 6 inches accumulate overnight. It was snowing most of the evening yesterday but the temps were 34 to 37* so it was melting as it was hitting. They still say a couple inches more.

It's wet and heavy though, so it's going to be a real chore to clear the driveway.

45* and rainy today, no bueno

Yeah, the dart throwers cried wolf again, we only got 4 instead of the 9-16" they called for. Heck I think they even put out avalanche warnings for Wichita. Lol

Sent from my DROID X2

80's and cloudy with thunderstorms on the way, gotta go practice the chipping and putting.

6.5" at the measuring spot, with another 2" expected through tomorrow.

We got lucky that the temps were high enough yesterday through midnight that even though it was coming down good, nothing stuck on the streets, driveway or my fire pit by the time I went to bed just after midnight.

As far as moisture goes, we probably got three times or more moisture in this snow than we had in last week's 11" snowfall. And while that's not good for shoveling, it's a lot better for our drought.

I feel bad posting this but it's gonna be in the 70's here. What sucks is I still can't golf because of my back..

Getting warmed up 10:00 tee time..

405806057.jpg

574932_344329665671338_1150086129_n.jpg

Well not looking good for golf this week...it hasn't made it over 32* yet this week.

It's been snowing all day. Very light and not accumulating, but still. Can't the stuff just melt?

It's been snowing all day. Very light and not accumulating, but still. Can't the stuff just melt?

Same here. It's rather annoying

It's been spitting here and there all day here too. I have heard rumors we may have another 6-10 inches coming on Tuesday. I am about to lose my mind here. The way it's going, the next time I am able to swing a club or strike a ball, will be in Dallas the morning of the invitational.

Still winter in Indiana. We started early last year in the middle of March but I'm not holding my breath this year.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Sunday's supposed to be about 50 and 30% chance of rain. Sounds good enough, so I have an 8:00am tee time.

High of 42. Time to layer up and get it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back