Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from a round.. Must be on your side of the river

Yeah I had to take care of some stuff this AM so couldn't play then and was going to play this afternoon but didn't feel like it in the rain. Hopefully next weekend, where did you play?

Yeah I had to take care of some stuff this AM so couldn't play then and was going to play this afternoon but didn't feel like it in the rain. Hopefully next weekend, where did you play?
Musket Ridge

Not playing today but it's beautiful here today. Probably in the 80's light breeze.

Getting chilly here in the mornings. Wore pants for the first time in a long time. Looking like it will be in the 40's when we tee off at 7 tomorrow.

Hate hearing this, I'm not ready to give up my warmth yet.

Looking at 63* at tee time and around 78* when finishing.

Just about perfect conditions....giving it a go at Big Time's home course.

#tough

The Weather's not our friend this morning....

The Weather's not our friend this morning....

Scheduled 9:00 a.m. Tee Time. Looked out side and smiled at the clear skies. Made my first cup of coffee, checked my fantasy football schedule for the day, went to carry my clubs to the car... lo and behold it's pouring rain. So much for breaking 80 today. Had my mind right!

Oh well.... my backyard driving net is covered, so I can at least hit a couple hundred balls and settle down to watching my Seattle Seahawks destroy Jacksonville.

Just what I need... a place to rant about the rain. I was so ready to break 80 today. Hah.

59*, overcast and windy today. Sounds about right now that I can play.

Just walking in the rain......

Just walking in the rain......

It started out to be a really nice day. So, after finishing my yard chores, I packed the clubs in the SUV and headed to the Club for a nooner nine. I teed off on #1 and by the time I reached my ball, it was sprinkling. 85 yards out, just right for a Gap wedge. As my ball rose high over the green, the volume of water falling from the sky, increased exponentially, according to the speed of the ball's descent.... whatever that means. Sounds good. The point being it started pouring rain. I shrugged it off 2 putted, for Par, and moved on.

The shower remained steady as I parred #2, bogeyed #3, parred #4 and approached #5 Tee Box.

A couple of loud booms echoing across the sky suggested this storm would stay awhile, and the accompanying lightening would shut down play. It quickly became clear that it wasn't lightening at all, but the soldiers over at Fort Lewis were doing rainy day maneuvers with the big guns.

I hit a 3 wood off the tee and started toward my ball... some 200 yards down range and left of center fairway. A 3 wood off the turf left me 10 yards short of the green. By this time the water was coming down in sheets, so I quickly, chipped on, 2 putted for bogey and cut across to #9 on the way back to the club house. I hit two balls off #9..... birdied one of them and parred the other, and called it a day. Back at the club house, a few us us sat around the fireplace chewing on what could have been, except for the rain. :banghead:

Beautiful today, low 70's but with a little wind that was deceptively strong at times. Great September day for golf!

Following today's downpour.... tomorrow will bring more rain and dropping temperatures in the SeaTac / Puget Sound area. Ahhhh... but just wait until Thursday.

Playing hookie from work in the am. Playing 18! Looks to be a beautiful fall day in CT.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Warmer than they predicted so far: 50 degrees and sunny, without a cloud in the sky. Supposed to warm up into the 70s by mid-afternoon. Really just a perfect fall day in Upstate NY.

Gonna be 65 when I get to the course, by the time I tee off it will in the mid 70s wind about 12 mph

1380785_10151735503743401_703159774_n.jpg
1380357_10151735508953401_1347844829_n.jpg
it doesn't look like a dry or non windy day for the next week... Oct 3. ~sigh

Forecast shows 82* for the high with 10-15 mph winds here in Las Vegas.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

asyqezy3.jpg

It's a good day to die, playing golf!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Will be a cool 60* when I arrive at the course. 63* at tee time, and 74* at the end of the round.

The rain is here, and it looks like it could be here for a while. Ugh.

It will be perfect today in Las Vegas, high 70s and clear

Perfect day here partly sunny mid 70s great day for golf!

Looks like we're probably done with the rain finally!

66 degrees and Sunny here in Western NY. Very few clouds and the leaves are starting to change. Just...perfect.

Seeing these people come in wet and miserable has made me decide not to play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back