Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
33° and sunny with no wind at the start of the round, 09:40. As the temps rose, so did the wind. 7, 8 and 9 played directly into 10 mph wind, with the temp still under 40°. Finally took of the winter gloves and top layer off on the 15th hole, and finish about 13:15 @ 53°. Wind had increased to a steady 15 mph.

It amazes me what we will put ourselves through to hit a little dimpled ball around a manicured cow pasture.

Rock
Go Big Orange

33° and sunny with no wind at the start of the round, 09:40. As the temps rose, so did the wind. 7, 8 and 9 played directly into 10 mph wind, with the temp still under 40°. Finally took of the winter gloves and top layer off on the 15th hole, and finish about 13:15 @ 53°. Wind had increased to a steady 15 mph.

It amazes me what we will put ourselves through to hit a little dimpled ball around a manicured cow pasture.

Rock
Go Big Orange
10-15mph? That's practically calm... Try 20-30mph with gusts to 50mph...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today was absolutely perfect, 68 sunny and very little wind

Wasn't it great? Being able to play without a jacket... I didn't even wear a hat because the cloud cover kept the sun hidden 50% of the time... perfect temperature.

My wife & I came off the course and a guy was leaving the clubhouse heading out on the course. He exclaimed, "Isn't this GREAT! We're golfing!" I think we had the same enthusiasm...

This is the part of the year in Ohio that includes the following weather (by the hour):
- windy as hell
- rainy and unhappy
- great week followed by terrible friday/weekend
- crapshoot

Can't wait to see how it changes day to day hahaha

Official Golfing Weather Thread

We were so close to golf courses opening. Now staring down 6-12” of snow mid week. That will delay golf at least 2 more weeks if not May 1st. Second year in a row...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harrumph! April showers can just go away! They came to us a Sunday in November and just will not go away. The temps are great, but the course is a lake, and the scuba gear interferes.

Rock
Go Big Orange

Sunday we played in snow showers and a three club wind, yesterday it was 80 F. and a three club wind. Tomorrow’s round will be cool and blustery, probably a three club wind.

It's been high 70s-low 80s and sunny here all week. And, I've spent it outside doing yard work! This sucks!

I’ve got new sticks and the course had almost 3 inches of rain today with more on the way tonight and tomorrow. Sunday at the earliest to get out and play.

Last Sunday played in my shirt sleeves, +17, a real pleasant day.

Last night, we got a raging late spring blizzard , 10-15 centimetres, courses shut down. Damn

Teeing off later today, looking like cold and overcast... I can't wait for that first day that's so hot I have to change my shirt at the turn.

Many of our local golf courses are in river and creek bottoms. The creek that flows through the two courses closest to the house was over its banks this morning with more rain in the forecast.

I’ll tough it out with a high of 46 today. Maybe the coldest round in the last 20 years but it beats working!

The good news is we will see 71 on Saturday and now that April is over our average high will be 70 in a couple weeks and 80 degrees by early June. Looking forward to 100+ rounds the next 6 months.

How late in the year is the weather "golfable" in the Chicago area. My kid will be going to basic training in Great Lakes, IL. Not sure how late his graduation will be, but I'm hoping to get a round in while I'm up that way.

Washout, approaching 2 inches of rain at the house now.

Washout, approaching 2 inches of rain at the house now.

We haven’t had that much but we’ve had and will have just enough to keep me off the course.

e445864aa6f6f4b9c2fba1236ffe4e64.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our first official men's day team competition of the season is rained out today with over an inch of rain and 45* forecasted. The average high is 68* right now and they have snow flurries in the forecast for early morning tomorrow.:banghead:

6ac22945d3f8040d90f15fb354a7dc11.jpg

After a terrible round and an injury scare yesterday, I thought about taking a range and practice day today.

It appears, Mother Nature, God, and the Golf Gods have all conspired against me. Who am I to ignore them? More time to THP anyway

6ac22945d3f8040d90f15fb354a7dc11.jpg

We're on the backside of that now. And there is more to come tomorrow and Saturday. It's pretty much killed my ability to get in a few more rounds before next weekend.

Dewpoint is 80*F at my house right now. It is soupy outside.

Tornado and severe t-storm warnings popping all around have eliminated any hopes of teeing it up today.

We are getting even more rain that we don't really need. Like another 5 inches in the next couple of days.

Is the weather normally "golfable" in late September and early October in the Chicago area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back