Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine
Mid 90s
Blue Skies
Dead Air

Golf weather is perfect around here as long as you embrace casual water, love to start your drive one fairway over due to the winds, and have intimate knowledge of tornado shelter locations on the course.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We’ve literally had over a month of no rain. Maybe a drizzle here or there but nothing else. Courses are getting dried out. Fairways turning brown/orange at goat tracks.

But...here comes rainy season. Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

fb02ff9d40b7dd7c7dd9769becf4e652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Golfing Weather Thread

Is the weather normally "golfable" in late September and early October in the Chicago area?

Typically private courses close in early November in Minneapolis, Chicago should be about a week later. Two years ago when the Ryder Cup was in Minnesota the last few days of September we had perfect weather in the low 70’s.

In the meantime, I’m enjoying the June weather, great for golf and the water temps in lakes have warmed up to the 70’s for boating and watersports.

58afb2f2d779de9eaed13ec9322b3ed9.jpg

Is the weather normally "golfable" in late September and early October in the Chicago area?

If you only golf in shorts, probably not.

We’ve literally had over a month of no rain. Maybe a drizzle here or there but nothing else. Courses are getting dried out. Fairways turning brown/orange at goat tracks.

But...here comes rainy season. Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

fb02ff9d40b7dd7c7dd9769becf4e652.jpg

It's not the rain I hate. It's the lightning.

Have two rounds planned this weekend.

I'd be surprised to get through one---will take some luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Teeing off on the 6th Wednesday when lightning flashed and thunder boomed, and the rains came. Sheltered for 30 minutes, but the rain didn't stop, so got our rain checks and left. 1 mile down the road, it hadn't even rained. Very defined line of showers, with course getting 1.5 inches and south getting little to none. Rain and storms to continue through Monday.

Rock
Go Big Orange

66f0d502f6b7d1b58a8dc6a6d29000e0.jpg

Weekend Warrior - ACTIVATED!!!

ff6a719f7df449bf7641fc5004d74fd0.jpg

Almost too hot to play his week. Monday got to 92° with miserable humidity and today is 94° with even worse humidity. Clothing saturated by the third hole, approximately 9:45 a.m., and much Agua consumed.

Is there a temperature that you will not play golf?

Rock
Go Big Orange

Heat index 107 in Shreveport, please rain bring some more humidity.

I'm in the 3.5-4" range, with potentially more given the recent eastward trends in the models.

CPO next week?

80, sunny, not too humid.

Should be perfect at golf league tonight!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

We had a cool front make it all the way through Houston and out into the gulf. This is unheard of in July and it has dropped the temps and humidity to a nice level. I am planning to play this afternoon and possibly tomorrow if I am not too tired. We return to reality this weekend.

After 3 weeks of steam cabinet weather, today is 80 and low humidity. Ground is saturated from 2 Days of rain so no roll. But wonderful weather for a day at the course.

Rock
Go Big Orange

This is the highest heat index it’s been in Georgia in a long time. Sweating immediately after going outside. Hard to want to play or even practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back