Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, actually the storm went by with some quick high winds and only barely a bit of mushed up rain/hail... In comparison to cloud vs. execution, it was pretty mediocre!!

Be safe out there man! This weather can't continue.. You'll be on the course in no time!

So you didn't need that canoe then? I told you, that's rainsuit weather. :D

So you didn't need that canoe then? I told you, that's rainsuit weather. :D

haha nope, didn't skip my hockey game, and buried four goals ...here's the proof haha... I imagine if I had of been a jerk and gone golfing, some random lightning bolts would have found me haha!

We still have a rain fall warning up here. It's been raining constantly since Monday.
Curious thing: The HUGE worms come out first, and now there are only the odd little ones left... I guess the rest all drowned

it was hot and muggy at 6:30am when i teed off

going tomorrow around 9 and its supposed to be 85!!

It was rainy all day and should be continuing until morning. Don't know if we will be playing tomorrow or not.

Just completed the best golf weather week of the year, either practiced, played or had a lesson (1 day) every day for the past 6 days, gave the course to the working folks today. Looks like this coming week will be either practice or playing every day for the next 6. Oh, and the 4 rounds I played were all at different golf courses, retirement is great.

Upper 80s. 25 mph winds all afternoon with 45 mph gusts all afternoon.

I really want to play today, but wind predicted 50 plus sustained this afternoon. Just guessing everyone at the lakes here have started heading home already.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I am so freaking sick of this!....I work a full time job and a part time job. I typicaly work 8-5 most days. So far this year any time I try to plan on golfing in the evening when I get off work it is beautiful all day, and as soon as I get off work it starts storming. I have only gotten out twice this year other than my Thursday night golf league, and even on golf league nights we have had one nice evening, all the rest have been rainy but they don't cancel unless it is lightning. I am so frikkin tired of this! I want to play golf! This has never happened before with the weather like this, because evenings has always been when I get my golf in. I usually try to play 2-3 times a week, and like I said...I have only been out twice this year other than thursdays when golf league started 4 weeks ago, and even golf league has been nasty weather. How am I supposed to prepare for my tournaments?!

Too freaking HOTTTT! It's going to be around 95 degrees for a week solid! :banghead:

heat index is like 120
my brother was in town for the weekend thru yesterday
and he wanted to play a links style course... with absolutely no shade... it was hot

72 and a bit windy but all sun...

it was hot today but not as hot as the past few days

Just completed the best golf weather week of the year, either practiced, played or had a lesson (1 day) every day for the past 6 days, gave the course to the working folks today. Looks like this coming week will be either practice or playing every day for the next 6. Oh, and the 4 rounds I played were all at different golf courses, retirement is great.

I'm jealous. Glad you are enjoying your retirement. That being said, I will be living a similar lifestyle in about a week. I am in college and only have finals week left (for this year). Then I go home and work at a golf course for the summer. This means I will be golfing or practicing every day, just like last year. We have two courses, so it doesn't get too repetitive. Not comparable to playing a different course everyday, but can't beat the price (free :act-up: other than weekends).

As for golfing weather, it is windy as heck today, about 25-30 MPH. Tomorrow it is supposed to be less windy and warmer, so I am planning on playing tomorrow. This weekend it is supposed to be 80 and 85. Hopefully I can get out there.

Some of you guys are really scaring me with some of the temperatures you have where you live, man I would have to drink water constantly to keep hydrated, keep hiding in the shades and definitivly not playing any golf. The weather up here are forecasted to be around 75 degrees fahrenheit and sunny, and that will be a really good summer day for us.

Actually the last week or so has been about perfect. Humidity was a little high, but temps in the mid 80's. And for once in Oklahoma not a lot of wind. One of the reasons (besides vacation) I played 3 times this week.................

it was pretty cool today and breezy... like low 70s

It's summer in Florida, 95* and windy

--
tapatalk

It's summer in Florida, 95* and windy

--
tapatalk

Soooo hot out there the last few days. Also, I swear before I started golfing I never noticed how windy Florida is. I remember always sitting at the beach wishing there was wind to kick up some sort of chop and there barely being any. It baffles me.

Soooo hot out there the last few days. Also, I swear before I started golfing I never noticed how windy Florida is. I remember always sitting at the beach wishing there was wind to kick up some sort of chop and there barely being any. It baffles me.

Lol, one of my foursome told me if I wasn't so bad at playing the wind I might be a decent golfer. I secretly wanted to sh@nk one into his dome after that. FYI Morgan Cuppers, practice in a wind tunnel :p

--
tapatalk

I highly recommend it when anyone asks about retirement. :D

Some of you guys are really scaring me with some of the temperatures you have where you live, man I would have to drink water constantly to keep hydrated, keep hiding in the shades and definitivly not playing any golf. The weather up here are forecasted to be around 75 degrees fahrenheit and sunny, and that will be a really good summer day for us.

It is all depends to what you are accustomed. The odd thing about this heat/humidity is that it is about 6 weeks earlier than usual. You are correct, start drinking water an hour or two BEFORE starting the round, then drink a lot during the round. I drink over a gallon on these really hot days.

Forecast who cares Golfing in the morning anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back