Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heat index of 117... very comfy and cozy

Today was the perfect day to play, mid to low 80's with a light breeze and cloudy. Of course I had to work all day, lol. 90's until Sunday now and then up well into the 100's.

After today, the next 5 days are forecast for 97-99* with 106-110* HI.

Was very nice, sunny and hot with a nice breeze at times

Heat and humidity. Starts today (94*, 103 HI). Saturday is 96/107, Sunday is 98/108, Monday is 100/111, Tuesday 100/110, Wednesday 100/108 and Thursday we get some relief. Only 98/104 on Thursday!

Our home town course. River on right, first hole on left. A beaver is swimming by that person.

River came over the banks yesterday. River might not go down for a few weeks.

Course probably won't be playable until July. Luckily there are some other courses near by that don't flood.

floodcourse.jpg

gcsmaller.jpg

Here is our course 2 months later. Greens might be ok. Fairways covered in grey sticky silt. Washouts here and there. Doubt it will open anytime soon.

Heat and humidity. Starts today (94*, 103 HI). Saturday is 96/107, Sunday is 98/108, Monday is 100/111, Tuesday 100/110, Wednesday 100/108 and Thursday we get some relief. Only 98/104 on Thursday!

This weather is terrible. I am hoping to get out and play this week, but it is just so hot.

This weather is terrible. I am hoping to get out and play this week, but it is just so hot.

It sucks. Hate to see the electric bill for July.

It sucks. Hate to see the electric bill for July.

No kidding. I feel like my ac is running 24/7. We keep ours at 75 even since we are broke college kids and even still its almost constanly on

The weather was perfect in PA for my round today. Around 85 and not a cloud in the sky.

Nice low 90's today, heat index said 112, lol. Next few days calling for 100 plus, Wth will the index be then? Tournament next two days should be fun.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I get my weather off http://forecast.weather.gov. Here is the forecast for my area through Friday:

• Sunday: High 98, Heat Index 111.
  • Monday: High 100, Heat Index 112.
  • Tuesday: High 101, Heat Index 110.
  • Wednesday: High 102, Heat Index 110.
  • Thursday: High 102, Heat Index 111.
  • Friday: High 102, Heat Index 110.

mid to high 80's today....playing in DE with OEM, G4L, and Buckjob....THP Foursome!

No golf this weekend. Thunderstorms w/ hail the last two days.

We're getting hammered by some wicked heat/humidity right now. I love it though, we didn't have that big of a turnout in the tournament we played in today mainly because of all the pansies not wanting to play in the heat. 95+ degrees plus humidity is better than 5 degrees with a -10 windchill factor. Get out and play!!

We got burnt up it was the humidity that killed us. Instant sweat.

It's great though isn't it? I love it.

Yes sir it is. Two day scramble in 95 to 105* temps and we started yesterday at 12:40 so we were hot as hell by the end, but had a great time. Shot 2 under, (not so great), but that gave us an early time today of 8:10 and while hot, it wasn't bad at all. We shot -6 today with two more very makable putts missed, but put us in the money for not only out flight, but also the calcutta. Almost $400 each, lol.

All I want to do is sleep now, but well worth the time out there. I had several really nice drives, some great iron play that everyone was bragging about after the round and the last putt of the day... a long curling down hill on the slippery 18th that fell for bird. Guess they heard us in the clubhouse, hahaha

Feels good for awhile but then you bake, and the sunreallyzaps your energy.

Well considering it was your second 18 of the day, I'm sure you were zapped. I was loving the weather, brings down the other players to my level some.

Got 2 rounds setup this week both days heat index above 110

Tap tap taparoo

What's the weather like today? It's hot. What's the weather like tomorrow, It's hot! What's the weather like for the next 7 days. It's hot!

I don't mind playing in the heat. Lots of water and gatorade helps with that, and 5 minute breaks under the shade trees every few holes. But, my air conditioner is not loving me right now.

heat-wave-hot-weather

Got 2 rounds setup this week both days heat index above 110

Tap tap taparoo

I hear ya, this weekend was the first time I didn't golf because it was too hot. Got a round on Tuesday 107 index, ouch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back