Official Hole In One Thread

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I think we should have spot for those THP'ers who have accomplished one of the most cherished feats in golf. Please share your stories of the when, where and what you did to celebrate this accomplishment. Don't leave out any details and let us know what club was used and the yardage. I think whomever has the most and the longest yardage should be crowned HIO Grand Poobahs.

Those of us reading can just drool until we get to post :act-up:

one day...on some forum...I will post in this category of thread.....
until then..I will sit and watch ya'll buy refreshments for everyone in the clubhouse....

I havent gotten one, but my closest is:

Par 3 17th, playing about 210 yds into a STRONG wind. Green is guarded by water on the left, and a greenside bunker short-left. Pin was in the middle-left.

I took a 3W, and hit an 80% shot; a nice fade that started over the water, and hit the VERY edge of the front of the green, and rolled JUST past the hole. Two putted for par. :(

Closest I ever got was at least 6 inches from the hole. Par 3, can't recall the yardage, but I remember hitting an 8 iron there lol. It was straight at the flag stick and if it just stuck at 6 inches.

Here is mine, I was playing with a friend who was just getting in to golf so we decided to play 9 holes. It was a little slow on the 9 we were on so we skipped over to one of the other nines after the 6th hole to the 4th hole of the other nine. I was playing okay, just having fun with a friend.

We get to the par 3 8th hole 155 yards, and it is playing slightly downwind. As we are waiting for the green to clear a single starts walking up and I am thinking to myself, "great, now this guy is going to want to join us...". So my buddy tells him it is ok and as we are waiting I start telling my buddy what I don't like about the hole(he had never played there), about how the green has 3 tiers to it and the bunker is cut in to the green, blah blah blah. It is a tough little hole if you aren't on the right level.

So now it's my turn to hit, the pin was right over the bunker by about 5-6 yards. I decided to hit an 8 iron because of the helping breeze behind us. I hit my shot and it is dead on line, and I am just hoping it will carry the bunker, which it does. The ball takes one hop and disappears, and I thought it was just not visible behind the bunker. My buddy looks over and say, "did that go in the hole?", to which I said, "no, but it should be close".

We walk up to the green, and as I get closer I didn't see my ball on the green. My casual stride walking up turned in to a fast run the closer I got. I ran up on the green look down in the hole and low and behold... there it was:D. I was extremely excited at this points as were the other 2 people I was playing with. We tee off on the next hole and the guy who paired up with us says to me, "You didn't just tee off with that ball you made an ace with did you?". Luckily I found the center of the fairway with that ball and pulled it out of play before hitting my second shot, that ball was a keeper!!

After we finished we part ways and I went in the clubhouse to ask if they kept track of Hole-In-Ones, which they did. The pro gave me the form to fill out to get it certified, however you needed 2 witnesses to validate it and the guy we paired up with had all ready left. I was a little bummed about that but my buddy then said, "his name is Hutch and he works at Saturn". I was glad my buddy made some small talk with the guy to find that out. The next day I went up there and asked for him and the secretary asked what my name was to which I replied, "he won't know my name just tell him it's the guy he played golf with the other day". He came out with a big smile on his face and told me I was the talk of the shop that morning and gladly signed my scorecard and form for validation.

So that is my long winded story and I remember it like it was yesterday even though it has been almost 10 years now.

185 yrd par 3, and the wind was howling and it was freezing ... i hit a 3 iron as hard as i could hit it... i turned and ran off the tee box to get back into heated cart, and my buddy informed me that it was in the hole ...

i never saw it ... roflmbo

ps...

the club pro filled out a form and sent it in to titleist, and they sent me a cheesy certificate ... :D

8/21/2002
Par 3
Hole #9, 129yds, 9 iron
Tangle Ridge Golf Club, Grand Prairie, TX

I didn't see it go in. The friend who I was playing with said it went straight in.

I didn't do much celebrating. I think my bud bought me a beer.

I hit my ace on Oct 26, 2006. It is a 136 yard par 3, slightly uphill and a breeze blowing directly into me. I hit a soft 8 iron and at first it looked like it went over the pin and rolled off the back of the green. After looking for my ball I went back to the green to find the ball mark and happened to look in the cup and there it was, No ball mark or nothing just straight in the cup. I had two good friends to witness it, I bought them a beer afterwards and got a little write up in the local paper and a certificate from the PGA.

That is awesome royal.

Elevated tee, elevated green, big gulley inbetween. 164 yards. I was playing in a foursome and the foursome on the green waved us on. 6 iron. Hit behind pin and sucked back into the hole. I"ve had two others as well but they were on par 3 courses.

Celebration? I was 16. Had to buy a round of "pop" (I'm originally from Ohio) for all the witnesses. Sent the ball away to Spalding who mounted it on a really nice hole-in-one trophy which I still admire to this day.

Came less then 3" today on a 238 yarder with my 15* driver! Still hole-in-one less for me!

Came less then 3" today on a 238 yarder with my 15* driver! Still hole-in-one less for me!

Wouldnt that be an oversized 3 wood?

Wouldnt that be an oversized 3 wood?

Yeah....I really don't know what to call it, people give me a hard time for calling it a 3-wood, which is what I think it is. It is the Adams BUL 15* cut to 41.5" and I love it right now. Since also carry the 10.5* Evolver CYG, the Adams is my 3-wood. I can hit the 15* anywhere from 210 to 250 and it frustrates people because I punch it 210 on a few holes where a layup tee shot is needed, and forgiveness on it is huge. Other end up hitting long irons or hybrids and have frequent misses....it is just $ for me right now.

So 238 par 3...teed high and a slow smooth swing, just a a poke really and it landed about a couple inches from the hole! My only other close hole in one possibilitywas a 290 par 4 slightly downhill and I missed with my 12* Nickent Square driver by 18" long, but it hit on the front of the green and rolled right by the hole and lipped out to 18"....the group in front went nutz. It is also my only eagle to date!

the closest ive gotten was the 7th hole, par 3, 120 yards. I used my 5 wood hybrid (this was when i was little). It missed the pin by less than an inch :angry: I was still able to putt in for birdie though

I've always wanted to try a driver for a 3W...but the R9 3W is just unbelievable.

Well close but no cigar today.
I was on a lil course that is all par 3s except 4 holes that are 300 yard par 4s. I had the course to myself today, guess because of the heat, so I was playing 2 balls a hole keeping track of each balls score. On #10 141 yds. a crosswind from left to right, first tee shot right edge of green, the 2nd tee shot hit on front left of green, couldn't see the bottom of the flagstick from the box, so as I got up to the green no 2nd ball... walked over to the hole & there it lied in the bottom of the cup. Playing 2 ball I won't count it as a hole-in one but it still felt nice. :bashful:

Last edited:
I've always wanted to try a driver for a 3W...but the R9 3W is just unbelievable.

It works awesome just as long as you do not plan on hitting it off the grass....I never did so why not go driver for a 3-wood? I has been my best golf addition in many years.

I don't know if this counts but since the bandwidth is free, I saw a hole in one made two days ago. On Sunday, I played 18 at Alfred 'Tup' Holmes, a nice muni in Atlanta. While waiting to tee off on the fourth hole, I saw a sixtyish woman whose name, I'd learned was "Gloria" make a hole in one on #3, Par 3, 147 yards hole. She was playing from the men's intermediate tees! This was a real "sight" to see someone sooooo happy. You'd have thought that she'd just won the lottery.

Turns out that she, like me, had only been playing about four years. She is retired, lives on a very small income and does volunteer work around the golf course so that she can play everyday (for Free). She was also playing with a set of Wal-Mart clubs that someone had recently given to her. As much as I love the game, I think that Gloria's enthusiasm for the golf exceeds even mine*. She is a great ambassador for the game and has a great enthusiasm for life. To wit: I have been carrying around a Macanudo in my bag for the past three years in anticipation of my first hole in one. (I am a non-smoker but figure that I'll light up for a hole in one just like I did when I caught my first and only ten pound bass.) After we "...got Gloria to come in for a landing and then gave her a sedative" :rofl:after the hole in one, I went into my bag and gave her the cigar on the spot. I was a little concerned about giving a cigar to a lady but then I realized that for that moment in time, Gloria was not lady...she was a golfer! (Diane, I do not mean this in an offensive way.:rofl:) Anyway, several of us looked through our bags abd pants pockets and finally found some matched that worked and she lit up right there on the third green. She then said to me, go buy some more of these Macanudos, I am going to make a lot more holes in one before I am through.

* My enthusiasm for golf is almost boundless. Even though I've probably played more tha 400 rounds since I took up the game, I get excited the night before I am to play the next day. Sometimes, I can hardly sleep. My personal golf hero in addition to Tiger is Dwight David Eisenhower. It wasn't that Ike was very good and I am not generally a Republican voter, but Ike played more than 800 rounds of golf in his two terms as POTUS. That's my kind of enthusiasm for the game!

Someday hopefully I will be able to hit is straight enough to get it close to the pin.....

Just last week, i got my first hole in one. :D

Par 3, 7th hole, down hill over a pond.
course: Glen of the Downs

was able to watch it the entire way, got a huge cheer from the golfers on the 8th tee box and the 6th green... was fairly cool i must say ! :D

Congratulations Poppyhead! How fun that you had a large audience.

Just last week, i got my first hole in one. :D

Par 3, 7th hole, down hill over a pond.
course: Glen of the Downs

was able to watch it the entire way, got a huge cheer from the golfers on the 8th tee box and the 6th green... was fairly cool i must say ! :D

Congrat's coco - that's got to be an awesome feeling! :clapp::blob::clapp:

Congrat's coco - that's got to be an awesome feeling! :clapp::blob::clapp:

it sure was...

then just yesterday, i almost shot straight into the hole on a par 3 course,
there is a plug mark 2 inches short of the pin :p

but i wouldnt count par3 as an official hole in one, simply a bonus :D

Back