Official Hole In One Thread

Numbero 3 in 18 months, good stretch here.

0C04F051-321F-461E-B2E9-D7A5B0B5202F.jpeg

My only hole-in-one was on Dec. 30th 2008. It was 160 yards into a decent breeze with a 5 iron. Luckily, I was with a fellow member when it happened.
The ball landed about 20ft short on a right slope. It bounced a little then rolled left, for what seemed 5 seconds, to a middle pin. Then, it just disappeared. My first thought was that it rolled out of site, but being in line with pin I wasn’t sure. Of course, the anticipation was enormous. Once able to see the full green, I knew.
It was not uncommon for to play with this fellow member, but he was not in my regular foursome. Shortly after this round we played again. On the 15th par 5, my second shot hit the flag and settled a foot away. He almost got to see what would have been my only albatross. I should play with him more often.

My brother just made his 6th and I've been stuck on 2 since 1996. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue...

Never thought I'd be posting in this thread, but got my first one ever today. Hole #17, they had the white tee boxes forward and a front pin so it was only playing 87 yards. Hit about a ¾ AW, landed on the front right corner of the green, spun left and rolled in. Short one, but I'll take it!

Never thought I'd be posting in this thread, but got my first one ever today. Hole #17, they had the white tee boxes forward and a front pin so it was only playing 87 yards. Hit about a ¾ AW, landed on the front right corner of the green, spun left and rolled in. Short one, but I'll take it!
Well done!! An ace is an ace.... bask in the glory!!

Sweet that is awesome congrats!

Awesome!! Congratulations.

Awesome!! Congratulations. :drinks:I always take my Eagles from 87 yards, So you are good:cool:

Congrats man!!!!!!

That’s awesome

My guess is it was playing 88 or double Snow Man....Ha Nice...

I just picked up my second hole in one yesterday. Hole 3 at my home course. Should have been about 185-187 yards to the pin. No wind at all. Hit my 'high' 7 iron. Struck it perfectly. Landed just short of the green, and chased out gently to the pin. Then it disappeared.

Truthfully, I didn't think it went in. There's a slope behind the pin. I told them it was either hiding behind the pin or went on down the slope behind it. One of my friends was adamant, so he got in his cart and flew down the fairway and signaled it was in. So from there, it was just a matter of me taking a casual drive down to the green and picking it out of the hole.

~Rock

I just picked up my second hole in one yesterday. Hole 3 at my home course. Should have been about 185-187 yards to the pin. No wind at all. Hit my 'high' 7 iron. Struck it perfectly. Landed just short of the green, and chased out gently to the pin. Then it disappeared.

Truthfully, I didn't think it went in. There's a slope behind the pin. I told them it was either hiding behind the pin or went on down the slope behind it. One of my friends was adamant, so he got in his cart and flew down the fairway and signaled it was in. So from there, it was just a matter of me taking a casual drive down to the green and picking it out of the hole.

~Rock
Congrats! That walk up to the green without a putter in your hand is something I'd like to experience more often. :cool:

And so my first ever after decades of golf. 163 yrds. Bottom 3rd of pin was blind due to a left front bunker and mound. The group new it was a great shot as we saw it bounce once softly and disappear. One the guys suspected it hit the pin on the one short bounce and that it might be in. I really did not think so at all. But we walked up and no ball on the green. One the guys hit long and i aksed if he saw my ball back there (off the back) and he said no. I walk to the cup and there it is....inside the cup. The guys in the group were more exited than i was....lol
I mean dont get me wrong yea i was very happy and proud of it and still am but I guess at the moment it was like it wasnt real...lol.
Hi5's and handshakes. It was a very pleasant exciting kind of moment.

And so my first ever after decades of golf. 163 yrds. Bottom 3rd of pin was blind due to a left front bunker and mound. The group new it was a great shot as we saw it bounce once softly and disappear. One the guys suspected it hit the pin on the one short bounce and that it might be in. I really did not think so at all. But we walked up and no ball on the green. One the guys hit long and i aksed if he saw my ball back there (off the back) and he said no. I walk to the cup and there it is....inside the cup. The guys in the group were more exited than i was....lol
I mean dont get me wrong yea i was very happy and proud of it and still am but I guess at the moment it was like it wasnt real...lol.

Congratulations!

Congrats on the HIO!

Congrats!!!

Yesterday was my second "near miss". League play. 18th hole 175 yard uphill, pin back. Hit a smooth 7 wood, slight fade that lands in the middle of the green.
The thump of the ball hitting the green got the attention of the prior foursome that had stepped off the green but remained close enough to watch. Since the hole is uphill, I can't see the putting surface or the hole. One of the guys at the green yells it's going in:oops:...then, "are you sh...ing me".:eek: The ball did a 360 lip out.
Can't be too mad at a tap in birdie:p

My first one was last summer in league play. 105 yards straight away. Hit my PW and the ball was headed high and directly at the flag. We watched as the ball hit the flagstick and thought for sure it would go straight down and in but it bounced off the stick hard enough to leave a ball mark just outside the cup and bounce back two inches. Just like yesterday, happy for the tap in.
I look at both holes as really good golf shots that ended with a birdie but at some point I would really rather be lucky than good.:devilish:

None for me, but I had my closest call (that wasn't really that close) on Sunday. It was about 135 yards, slightly uphill. The pin was close to the front, and I figured I'd rather be long than short. I hit 8 iron dead straight at it. I knew it would be close if the distance was right. It one hopped the flag stick. Unfortunately the hole was cut near a bowl like area toward the front right of the green. The ricochet took the ball to the inside edge of that bowl and it ran all the way to the edge of the green. What was almost a hole in one ended up 20+ feet from the hole. I've never been anywhere near that close to one before, so it was pretty exciting while the ball was in the air. I'm always satisfied with a par, though.

Back