Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend at Taylormade and I were talking about him today. He's not sold on him yet. I think the kid is the real deal.

I think he is legit too. I saw a few of his starts during the spring and his stuff looked pretty nasty. I think Chapman will be just as dominant of a pitcher though.

On the topic of the kid getting tased...

Whatever happened to the good ol' fashioned running him down, tackling him, and smashing his face into the ground?
The taser was waaaay over the top. The overweight and slow cop was just embarrassed he was being outrun by a teenager, so he tased him. Maybe they should hire actual in-shape security for the games?

Tasers can KILL people. Not the right thing to do IMO. I remember when they first had tasers and they assured everyone they would only be used as a non-lethal replacement of guns. Yeah right.

On the topic of Strasburg...not sold on him yet. When he actually does something in the Majors, I will be. With the Nationals, it's gonna be a hell of a task.

Last edited:
I saw him pitch against the Reading Phillies (AA) before he got called up. 6 k's in 5 innings and no runs. his fastball topped out at 97 and the pop of the glove was nothing I've heard before. He won't be called up to the bigs until June 1 because then the Nats will hold his arbitration rights for an extra year.
My friend at Taylormade and I were talking about him today. He's not sold on him yet. I think the kid is the real deal.

On the topic of the kid getting tased...

Whatever happened to the good ol' fashioned running him down, tackling him, and smashing his face into the ground?
The taser was waaaay over the top. The fat slow cop should've just been embarrassed getting outrun. Maybe they should higher actual in-shape security for the games?

Tasers can KILL people. Not the right thing to do IMO. I remember when they first had tasers and they assured everyone they would only be used as a non-lethal replacement of guns. Yeah right.

Halleluia.

Its nice to see Andre Ethier leading the Triple Crown right now. Im not saying he will hold onto it but he is a good guy who worked his way through the system.

I heard Ernie Harwell passed away. He retired by the time they started broadcasting games on XM so I never really got to hear him but he was one of the legends when it came to broadcasting. Im sure the Tigers fans are a bit down today. RIP, its sad to see all of the legends passing.

I am thankful Vin Scully is still doing the Dodger games.

For sure, we are very lucky to get to hear him every night. He pretty much taught me everything I know about baseball.

Another guy runs out on the field in Philly. Is there something in the water in Philadelphia or what? At least this time he wasn't tased.

Another guy runs out on the field in Philly. Is there something in the water in Philadelphia or what? At least this time he wasn't tased.

It's Philly.

Craziest fans in the world. Not necessarily in a good way.

EDIT: Now that I actually saw the video of the taser...gimme a break. The kid was JOGGING!!!

dummy see dummy doo

RIP Ernie

awesome avatar thanks! that clown got what he deserved, after the KC coach Gamboa damn near got beat to death they need to rough these clowns up as much as possible to deter them from running on the field. just cause you buy a ticket and drink 20 beers doesnt give you right to act like an a-hole and run around on the field.

dummy see dummy doo

Elmer Fudd chasing Bugs Bunny. :act-up:

Look at how mean and threatening that kid looks.

He does!

lolouv.jpg

lol its Eldrick with a knife!

awesome avatar thanks! that clown got what he deserved, after the KC coach Gamboa damn near got beat to death they need to rough these clowns up as much as possible to deter them from running on the field. just cause you buy a ticket and drink 20 beers doesnt give you right to act like an a-hole and run around on the field.

I will agree w/ most of what you say, however a kid running harmlessly around a field can't be compared to a couple of adult men, hopped up on drugs, attacking a coach.

What would tasing have done or prevented in that case? Not a thing.

Should the option be there for the cops to use? Yes. Should they be using them on people harmlessly running around the field? No.

Stay off the field and you don't have to worry about it.

Stay off the field and you don't have to worry about it.

I really can't argue w/ that but they face heavy fines and even jail time for doing it. Which I agree with.

I don't think we need to add a taser in the apprehension of them as well.

tell us HOW you know that this kid was "harmless'? were you on the field? do you know him personally? no to all of the above. you simply are going by what you have seen on tv and the internet right? AFTER the fact right? you werent on the field, you have no idea if the kid was drunk or high or both now do you? heres a simple way to not get tazed on the field, stay off the field!

tell me this, if some loon was running around your meat packing plant would you do nothing? lets say theres a history, a couple of loons a few years ago were running around your plant and jumped your co-worker and beat the crap outta of him, still nothing huh? bottom line you have no idea what anyone is capable of and unless your in the moment you cant say someone is harmless and do nothing...

I will agree w/ most of what you say, however a kid running harmlessly around a field can't be compared to a couple of adult men, hopped up on drugs, attacking a coach.

Should the option be there for the cops to use? Yes. Should they be using them on people harmlessly running around the field? No.

Re: Official MLB Baseball Thread

NikeGolf said:

No one knew if he was harmless or not. What if he charged one of the players? What if he had something other than a towel? Can't take the chance anymore in today's world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back