Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt see your post. My bad.

He has also been walked 5 times out of his 9 at bats so far.

lol there's a reason for that

lol there's a reason for that

It wouldnt have anything to do with his .360 batting average would it? haha

I wish he didnt get hurt and was out for a whole month. He could have put up some crazy numbers. But at least they got him back in time for the playoffs.

It wouldnt have anything to do with his .360 batting average would it? haha

I wish he didnt get hurt and was out for a whole month. He could have put up some crazy numbers. But at least they got him back in time for the playoffs.

he's a dangerous player when he's healthy and stays away from trouble off the field. He may still end up being the MVP.

not really, some pitchers are creatures of habbit. Mike Mussina had a lot of great seasons, he was horrible on short rest and just as bad on long rest. If you are the Phillies and you are looking at Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels for games 5,6,7 I think you are in good shape.

I agree with everything you say, I was just throwing it out there. Manuel has faith in his 4th starter. If it was Girardi, he would go Halladay in game 4.

I agree with everything you say, I was just throwing it out there. Manuel has faith in his 4th starter. If it was Girardi, he would go Halladay in game 4.

yeah Girardi is a micro manager. To the point where he over manages things. Some times his moves drive me crazy. Going in to the postseason last year he was the yankees biggest weakness. Everything worked out though. It'd be nice get back to the WS to defend a title.

he's a dangerous player when he's healthy and stays away from trouble off the field. He may still end up being the MVP.

He hasnt been in any trouble since coming to Texas. He goes all out and that ends up costing him an injury or 2 though.

He hasnt been in any trouble since coming to Texas. He goes all out and that ends up costing him an injury or 2 though.

that's not true. He got in to trouble last year in Phx. I'm not trying to rail on the guy. I think he's a great story and a great player.

And by trouble I mean battling his own demons

I liked what the team did with the ginger ale celebration while he was in the locker room. that was great

that's not true. He got in to trouble last year in Phx. I'm not trying to rail on the guy. I think he's a great story and a great player.

And by trouble I mean battling his own demons

True, I forgot about that incident. My fault.

I liked what the team did with the ginger ale celebration while he was in the locker room. that was great

Ya I thought that was cool to. Since Him and CJ dont drink anymore, or at least not in public. Im sure him and CJ might have a beer or 2 every once in a while or some $2500 bottle of champagne at there house lol

Last edited:
Him and CJ dont drink anymore, or at least not in public. Im sure him and CJ might have a beer or 2 every once in a while or some $2500 bottle of champagne lol

I don't know, I've heard/read him say multiple times that he can't even have 1 drink because it doesn't turn out well for him. I can't imagine being in that kind of enviornment or clubhouses, team charters, being around the team and not having a drink. Ever been in a major league clubhouse? Their coolers are packed with all types of beer. Some have liquor.

When I was in the media one of my favorite interviews was with Jim Thome after a game while he was cracking open a Bud in the clubhouse.

I don't know, I've heard/read him say multiple times that he can't even have 1 drink because it doesn't turn out well for him. I can't imagine being in that kind of enviornment or clubhouses, team charters, being around the team and not having a drink. Ever been in a major league clubhouse? Their coolers are packed with all types of beer. Some have liquor.

When I was in the media one of my favorite interviews was with Jim Thome after a game while he was cracking open a Bud in the clubhouse.

I have been in the rangers clubhouse when I was about 12, I didnt see any beer or anything like that, it was just a tour. Dont think it was even baseball season. But I believe you I bet there is all kinds of beer/Liquor in there. If you look at the rangers team, i really dont see any guys that look like big drinkers except for hamilton but we know he isnt though. When Blalock was there last year, I bet he was the party guy lol

I have been in the rangers clubhouse when I was about 12, I didnt see any beer or anything like that, it was just a tour. Dont think it was even baseball season. But I believe you I bet there is all kinds of beer/Liquor in there. If you look at the rangers team, i really dont see any guys that look like big drinkers except for hamilton but we know he isnt though. When Blalock was there last year, I bet he was the party guy lol

I believe they used to do other types of "shots" in the Rangers clubhouse...
steroids_965862.jpg

Im pretty sure CJ never had a drinking problem. He is just a straight edge guy.

No he didnt, He has actaully never drank his whole life. They had a little clip on him about 2 months ago saying he has never drank before.

Exactly. He is from HB where the SE movement is huge.

Exactly. He is from HB where the SE movement is huge.
He is a good guy, struggled last year in the bullpen and a little at the start of the season but he has been solid.

My post above kinda sounded like I was saying you were wrong, when I was agreeing with you, my bad lol

well my feeling was off. Lee has been amazing tonight. Still 6 outs to go, anything can happen

well my feeling was off. Lee has been amazing tonight. Still 6 outs to go, anything can happen

I was hoping it was just those afternoon beers lol

He has pitched a hell of a game. But like you said, still alot of baseball left.

I was hoping it was just those afternoon beers lol

He has pitched a hell of a game. But like you said, still alot of baseball left.

both did, Pettite's only mistake was that hanging slider. Still have to get the final 3 outs. Yanks have to hope they get to the bottom of the 9th down only 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back