Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubs sign Kerry Wood -- Good clubhouse guy and may have 1 more year in him. I am just OK with this signing. They really need a left hander that can actually get lefties out.

Any thoughts?

Apparently my beloved cubbies didn't quite finishing ruining Wood's arm yet, so we are signing for another year to get another bite at the apple. I am happy to have him back, but mostly for sentimental reasons.

And let's be honest, this next year is a waste/rebuild year anyways, so not that big of a deal one way or another.

Apparently my beloved cubbies didn't quite finishing ruining Wood's arm yet, so we are signing for another year to get another bite at the apple. I am happy to have him back, but mostly for sentimental reasons.

I can't believe he only signed for 1.5 mil. He was talking to the Yanks for 2 years 12 mil. I'm sure if they thought he would go 1 year for 5 they would have taken him! 1.5 is a steal

The O Dog is going to be a Padre for the next two years. Thats a pretty good middle infield.

Wonderful news. So we're rebuilding. Again.

Haha, I still think they Royals are going to be something in 2012. At least we dont have to hear about how the major market teams poached players from the small market teams again. Thats a pretty impressive starting three with Grienke, Marcum and Gallardo.

Haha, I still think they Royals are going to be something in 2012. At least we dont have to hear about how the major market teams poached players from the small market teams again. Thats a pretty impressive starting three with Grienke, Marcum and Gallardo.

Someone somehow will blame the Yankees for this too. LOL

Dam, Billy Butler is on XM right now talking some trash on Grienke. Pretty funny.

agreed, but where are the hits going to come from?

agreed, but where are the hits going to come from?

The Royals or Brewers? The middle of the Brewers line up with Braun, Fielder Hart and McGee aint too shabby. If Gomez can finally shine the runs should be flowing. The Royals have guys like Moustakas, Myers and Hosmer waiting in the wings. Butler is solid, Aviles is a question but still a good year and well see what happens with Gordon.

Didn't you say that about last year G-Man? :eyepoke: They did have a better record than four other teams and for the fourth year in a row, didn't lose 100 games. I think they beat they Yankees twice.

I'd love for the Royals to do well again. Hopefully, it will be this year. But we had an Ace last year (who got a ton of run support early on in his 1-7 start - - - oddly, once he started allowing runs and his E.R.A. went up, he started winning) who is gone. Other than 2003, when they started 16-3 and stumbled home the rest of the way at 83-79 and finished third, they have been fourth or fifth in the division every year since 1999.

It's about time for the KC fans to enjoy a team that actually contends, and doesn't just look good on paper. Is this the year? I hope so, and I don't even care if they make the playoffs. Just contend beyond the All-Star break and finish single digit games behind. That would be a pretty good season in my book. If they do more than that, great!

Dont worry smalls, they will come around. I waited a LONG time for the Rangers to make the Playoffs, Royals will get there.

Didn't you say that about last year G-Man? :eyepoke: They did have a better record than four other teams and for the fourth year in a row, didn't lose 100 games. I think they beat they Yankees twice.

I'd love for the Royals to do well again. Hopefully, it will be this year. But we had an Ace last year (who got a ton of run support early on in his 1-7 start - - - oddly, once he started allowing runs and his E.R.A. went up, he started winning) who is gone. Other than 2003, when they started 16-3 and stumbled home the rest of the way at 83-79 and finished third, they have been fourth or fifth in the division every year since 1999.

It's about time for the KC fans to enjoy a team that actually contends, and doesn't just look good on paper. Is this the year? I hope so, and I don't even care if they make the playoffs. Just contend beyond the All-Star break and finish single digit games behind. That would be a pretty good season in my book. If they do more than that, great!

I really think Dayton Moore is on the right track. I dont remember if I predicted them to win or to be competitive. Either way they have some arms and bats down on the farm.

was thinking about the Royals. They seem like they're almost there and I want them to do well but they jsut never can seem to put hitting and pitching together at the same time

was thinking about the Royals. They seem like they're almost there and I want them to do well but they jsut never can seem to put hitting and pitching together at the same time
I want to see this Duffy kid. He is supposed to have a shot at making the club this spring.

I can't believe he only signed for 1.5 mil. He was talking to the Yanks for 2 years 12 mil. I'm sure if they thought he would go 1 year for 5 they would have taken him! 1.5 is a steal

My guess is that he wanted to return to "his team" and would have done so at any amount. He may also want to take a stab at coaching someday (ala Maddux). Kerry is still loved by cubby fans... and perhaps some people feel sorry for him because Hendry ruined Woods. Because of his perceived value in Chicago, Kerry has a better chance of coaching/front office here than anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back