Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really not a fan of announcer Dave Sims:

url
simshelmet.jpg

His announcing voice is fine, but he is WAY too melodramatic, uses a terrible fake laugh too often, and babbles about meaningless stuff too often.

Why isn't Rick Rizzs still doing the swap with Dave Niehaus?

EDIT: And, apparently, I'm not the only one. From Wikipedia:
Dave Sims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Listeners often criticize Sims for yelling on mundane plays, as if to generate a false sense of excitement in the listener. An excellent example of this tendency was Sims' radio work on the January 11, 2009 NFC playoff game between the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles, during which Sims frequently raised his voice's pitch and volume on incomplete passes during non-crucial phases of the game, plays that few educated football observers would find significant or meaningful.

So is Kazmir to the Angels a done deal yet? All the reports keep jumping back and forth.

Every Rays fan out there hopes so. It was done yesterday, then it was not done today. They are reporting here that there is something holding it up.

He is having a bad year, but you think he would get a lot more in return for the Rays during the off season. I guess they just want to dump the salary.

He has not had a good year yet. He cant get past the 5th inning because he wants to strike everybody out. He also has a bad attitude. They kept the wrong guy. Edwin Jackson everybody knew was a better pitcher. They should have traded Upton too. He had a great playoffs and he and Kazmir could have been packaged together at an all time high, yet they did not, and now are stuck dumping them.

Horrible decisions. But he hurts a team more than he helps. It reminds me of when the Sox traded Nomar. He still had talent, but he was hurting the team. Kaz is still young and can improve, but his attitude and unwillingness to work with Maddon and others is killing him.

The Dodgers definitiley got rid of Edwin Jackson too early, and got crap in return. Both Baez and Carter stunk up the joint in Dodger uniforms. He is looking pretty amazing this year.

The Royals have to go 14-21 the rest of the way to avoid another 100-loss season. That's a .400 pace. Right now they are sitting at .386 for the season. Wonder if they can do it?

They just showed Mark O'Meara in the stands at the Mariners game. His wife is farking HAWT!

He definitely overclubbed with her.

Holy Carp, the NL West is heating up.
The Rockies just acquired Jose Contreras.
The Giants get Brad Penny.:confused2:
The Dodgers get Jim Thome and John Garland.:banana:

Beat me to it.

ChiSox are having a no-holds barred liquidation sale.

Beat me to it.

Thats too bad for the White Sox fans, im sure a few more will trickle out in the next half hour though.
That should make for a pretty nasty Dodger line up.

Cool! Being a Dodger fan, I'm pretty piped about this. Way to go Colletti!!

Beat me to it.

Yeah. Jose Contreras is gonna suck in Colorado though!:banana:

Dodgers are trying to match up best they can with Philly's offense :banana:

Cool! Being a Dodger fan, I'm pretty piped about this. Way to go Colletti!!
I was so excited last night that I actually stayed awake for the post game show. Garland should help get the bullpen some rest, September call ups will be nice too.

Dodgers are trying to match up best they can with Philly's offense :banana:

Haha, it is still not even close to that Juggernaut, but Manny is starting to heat up. Even though they are talking about Thome not playing on the field, I cant see that happening in the NL. If they get Thome in that line up, that would be a pretty potent 3-6. Now if Furcal and Hudson would get back to what they are capable of.

I found this funny.

Schilling has 'some interest' in Kennedy's seat

BOSTON (AP) - Curt Schilling, the former major league pitcher who won the allegiance of Bostonians by leading the Red Sox to the 2004 World Series, said Wednesday that he has "some interest" in running for the seat held for nearly 50 years by Democratic Sen. Edward M. Kennedy.

Schilling, a registered independent and longtime Republican supporter, wrote on his blog that while his family and video gaming company, 38 Studios, are high priorities, "I do have some interest in the possibility."

"That being said, to get to there, from where I am today, many, many things would have to align themselves for that to truly happen," he added.

Any other comment "would be speculation on top of speculation," Schilling said, adding, "My hope is that whatever happens, and whomever it happens to, this state makes the decision and chooses the best person — regardless of sex, race, religion or political affiliation — to help get this state back to the place it deserves to be."

Schilling refused to comment when his office was contacted by phone.

The 42-year-old lives in suburban Medfield and campaigned for President George W. Bush in 2004 and Sen. John McCain in 2008.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10014410/Schilling-has-%27some-interest%27-in-Kennedy%27s-seat

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Joe Nathan blew a 2 run lead with two outs in the bottom of the ninth today. Twins lose 4-2! I am so bummed! I think the Twins are done.
:angry:

Although I didn't notice it while watching last night's game, the Mariners' announcers just (well, not "just" - I'm watching the DVR) said that Junior arranged to have "The Nutcracker Suite" played over the loudspeaker when Beltre came to bat last night for the first time since returning from the disable list.

:D

Penny has gone 7 innings and allowed 4 hits. It makes me sick seeing him in a Giants uniform.

Did you see Pedro last night? 9Ks in 7 innings. If he starts clicking on all cylinders the Phils will have to choose from 5 really good pitchers for the post season. Not sure how you just pick 3. Unreal!

Did you see Pedro last night? 9Ks in 7 innings. If he starts clicking on all cylinders the Phils will have to choose from 5 really good pitchers for the post season. Not sure how you just pick 3. Unreal!

I doubt it will last. He'll probably go back to his 6 IP, 3-4 ER business.

I doubt it will last. He'll probably go back to his 6 IP, 3-4 ER business.

I would still take that. That's really what they were hoping for when they signed him so anything else is gravy!

Agreed. That is better than what we were getting from Moyer as a starter prior to the Martinez signing. As JB astutely pointed out, Pedro's change-up makes him still very effective and he's a big game pitcher. He definitely could get a spot start in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back