Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's up to Heavy B to right the ship and get the Phils all square now

I will say that as a Dodger fan, I would love nothing more then to see the Giants get to the World Series and then fall on their faces. It makes trash talking so much easier.

Yea lets go giants!!!!

I will say that as a Dodger fan, I would love nothing more then to see the Giants get to the World Series and then fall on their faces. It makes trash talking so much easier.

As a Giants fan I would love nothing more to see the Dodger's fall flat on...... oh wait
Sorry Gasman, hope the divorce proceedings go well. :angel:

Looks like Melky Cabrerra was released today.

would love to see him get picked back up by the Yankees. He was a valuable player for them.

JB and I were talking about ratings earlier in the day. I wonder how bad the ratings would be for a Rangers/Giants WS?

OK bridges lets get this show on the road

JB and I were talking about ratings earlier in the day. I wonder how bad the ratings would be for a Rangers/Giants WS?

I think the Rangers are a well Liked team, I dont think they will be as bad as you think they will. But saying that, it wouldnt be as high as Phillies/Yankees. A lot of people in Texas watch baseball, we are known for football but its also a big baseball state as well.

As a Giants fan I would love nothing more to see the Dodger's fall flat on...... oh wait
Sorry Gasman, hope the divorce proceedings go well. :angel:
Man, you had to go there.

Not as bad as you would think. Of course NY or Boston capture the nations attention but if you go by market size, DFW and San Fran are right up there in size. Number 5 and 6 in the country actually.

I think the Rangers are a well Liked team, I dont think they will be as bad as you think they will. But saying that, it wouldnt be as high as Phillies/Yankees. A lot of people in Texas watch baseball, we are known for football but its also a big baseball state as well.

I don't think they will be as bad as the Tampa-Phillies WS. I'm thinking probably in the Detroit-St. Louis ratings wise.

OK 1 good inning by AJ, need 6 more of them.

That was a huge start for Burnett

Game 1 11.9/19 (19.5M viewers) Game 2 11.7/19 (18.9M viewers) Game 3 9.1/18 (15.4M viewers) Game 4 13.5/22 (22.8M viewers) Game 5 10.6/16 (17.1M viewers) Game 6 13.4/22 (22.3M viewers)

that tampa series I was talking about was Game 1 9.2/15 (14.6M viewers) Game 2 8.1/13 (12.8M viewers) Game 3 6.1/13 (9.8M viewers) Game 4 9.3/15 (15.5M viewers) Game 5 9.6/14 (15.8M viewers)

Both Game 3's were on Saturday nights

Game 1 11.9/19 (19.5M viewers) Game 2 11.7/19 (18.9M viewers) Game 3 9.1/18 (15.4M viewers) Game 4 13.5/22 (22.8M viewers) Game 5 10.6/16 (17.1M viewers) Game 6 13.4/22 (22.3M viewers)

that tampa series I was talking about was Game 1 9.2/15 (14.6M viewers) Game 2 8.1/13 (12.8M viewers) Game 3 6.1/13 (9.8M viewers) Game 4 9.3/15 (15.5M viewers) Game 5 9.6/14 (15.8M viewers)

By the way, compare those WS ratings to just a Sunday night football game like two days ago and it shows what has happened to the sport. Overnight 22.3 for Sunday Night football.

AJ Burnett used to kill the Yankees, his stuff is real good. Would love to see him have the good stuff tonight.

By the way, compare those WS ratings to just a Sunday night football game like two days ago and it shows what has happened to the sport. Overnight 22.3 for Sunday Night football.

Oh I know. Football is a more National game now than baseball is. Baseball is a lot more regional when it comes to that kind of stuff.

The last WS game to get a 20+ rating was game 7 between Yanks and Dbacks. Clemens vs Schilling. Yankees going for 4 in a row, also it was New York right after 9/11

I think if the Rangers/Giants were to make the world series those ratings would drop compared to last year, but not as much as you think they will. Im telling you man, Baseball is huge around here. Its a 10 month sport, and even longer for some. There are fields everywere. Its really really big.

I think if the Rangers/Giants were to make the world series those ratings would drop compared to last year, but not as much as you think they will. Im telling you man, Baseball is huge around here. Its a 10 month sport, and even longer for some. There are fields everywere. Its really really big.

I would think you would get about a aournd a 9.5 -10 rating for the series. If it goes 7 then that game will have a high number

where did you get that 23.2 number, the last few things I saw for this past sunday night football game was 13.2

I would think you would get about a aournd a 9.5 -10 rating for the series. If it goes 7 then that game will have a high number

What would you say a Yankees/Phillies WS would bring?

But again I guess its hard to compare it last year since there has been a drop in ratings this year, I dont even know whats average anymore ratings wise. Hope it doesnt continue to decline.

where did you get that 23.2 number, the last few things I saw for this past sunday night football game was 13.2

Overnight rating is different than final rating. Based on highest quarter hour

I think they would be similar to last years. But it depends on how the series shapes up, the longer the series usually the higher the ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back