Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When healthy he has the nastiest sinker around. I just wonder how he comes back, he was only hitting the mid 80s a few months ago. I know velocity doesnt matter with a sinker but he was always right around 90.

When healthy he has the nastiest sinker around. I just wonder how he comes back, he was only hitting the mid 80s a few months ago. I know velocity doesnt matter with a sinker but he was always right around 90.

agreed, this could be a nice signing for the Rangers. After watching Wang, who is a similar style pitcher, in NY for a few years, when his velocity dropped from low/mid 90's to 80's he became a more hittable(of course he couldn't locate then either). I kind of wish the Yankees didn't let him go. Webb can be an ace when healthy, I like it from a Rangers stand point.

A 3 million dolla plus incentives deal is a great gamble on him.

A 3 million dolla plus incentives deal is a great gamble on him.

Agreed, I see this being a niffty trend for the Rangers? Want to prove you still are worth a crap ton of cash? Doa year with the Rangers for less. I'm kinda ok with that lol.

Last edited:
Beltre close to a deal with the Rangers.

This will mean Young will have to switch positions again and not sure were he will play. Maybe 1st base. I really hope they don't trade him, he is no doubt the leader of that team and it would mess more things up than it would help if they were to trade him. Going to be interesting to see what happens..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard some of the numbers they were talking about, 6 years 96 million. If those are true that is ridiculous for Beltre. He has a great glove but he seems to only step up his offense on contract years.

I heard some of the numbers they were talking about, 6 years 96 million. If those are true that is ridiculous for Beltre. He has a great glove but he seems to only step up his offense on contract years.

I guess he's been looking for 5 years 85 Mil. I would be leery of giving him a long term, big money deal. From the outside looking in, if the Rangers sign him, I would guess they trade Michael Young, so I hope they don't sign him.

It would suck if they traded him. I got a sweet Michael Young plaque to hang in my room for christmas, and really hope he retires as a Ranger on down the road.

Just saw this and its just crazy how much of a team player/good guy Young is.

http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2011/01/young_willing_to_dh.html

I mean the Rangers have disrespected him by even talking to beltre and maybe making him move for a 3rd time to a new position and he basically says im willing to do whatever is best for the team even if that means me not playing every day in the field.

I'm still in football mode. Baseball season is too far away right now, but I can't wait for opening day.

st_louis_cardinals_mascot-9640.Louis_Cardinals_3

Thats looking like what will happen. The deal is almost done from what I have been seeing. Probably be announced before this weekend is over if I was guessing.

Beltre 3rd
Andrus SS
Kinsler 2nd
Moreland 1B
Then Young to fill in at each of those spots and DH. Really hoping resign vlad to. Be nice to have vlad DH when Young is filling in a spot in the field.

Guessing the batting order will be
Andrus
Kinsler
Hamilton
Cruz
Beltre
Young
But young could switch spots with kinsler depending on what happens, either way a very nice lineup. Hopefully they can resign vlad and have him spot fill to. Vlad with a day or 2 off between each DH start could work out very nicely.

I guess I don't understand why the Rangers are basically bidding against themselves. They look and sound like the Yankees. 5 years 85 didn't get offered anywhere else, why offer 6 for 96. Even if the 6th is an option. Boras is making his client some money.

have to make up for losing Cliff Lee somehow hehe
I guess I don't understand why the Rangers are basically bidding against themselves. They look and sound like the Yankees. 5 years 85 didn't get offered anywhere else, why offer 6 for 96. Even if the 6th is an option. Boras is making his client some money.

But you dont know that for sure do you? Just what you have been reading (kind of like me reading about the deal close to being done) no telling what the angels offered and some others. But I do think 6 for 96 is to much for him.

edit: The last thing I read (which was today) was Angels offered him 5-75mill so maybe the Rangers bumped up the price some to keep him away from the Angels since they have a little money to spend now that Lee is gone.

http://boston.sbnation.com/boston-r...red-sox-los-angeles-angels-rumors-free-agency

Let the guy go to the angels, I DON'T want his sorry butt sitting anywhere close to Michael Young :angry:. For all the good moves the Rangers have made the last few years, how does this fit in???? Unless Michael plans to move to 1st, I'd say this is a downgrade from what we already have. With the promise Moreland showed, why bother moving someone over there? Just to have another right handed bat? Would they platoon Michael Young??

Its freaking asinine, waste of money, go throw that money around to a few more guys like Oganda. Pitching wins championships..not on again and off again 3rd baseman.............

/end rant.....for now.

Let the guy go to the angels, I DON'T want his sorry butt sitting anywhere close to Michael Young :angry:. For all the good moves the Rangers have made the last few years, how does this fit in???? Unless Michael plans to move to 1st, I'd say this is a downgrade from what we already have. With the promise Moreland showed, why bother moving someone over there? Just to have another right handed bat? Would they platoon Michael Young??

Its freaking asinine, waste of money, go throw that money around to a few more guys like Oganda. Pitching wins championships..not on again and off again 3rd baseman.............

/end rant.....for now.

Beltre is an upgrade over young. Im a big Michael Young fan but its just a fact that beltre is an upgrade. He is a hell of a 3rd baseman, will get to a few more balls than what young did and make the routine plays over and over again. Beltre is also a good hitter, little more power than young and a .275 career batting avg. Young will move to DH and spot fill around the infield when needed.

edit: I will say it scares me with him only producing in contract years and not others. Hopefully he wont be a bust.

Last edited:
I hope yankees snatch him. Anything to watch bridges struggle a little more.

Struggle with what?

Honestly wouldnt mind if they did (but they have A-rod), I dont think beltre is worth that much money, when they could save it and go after prince fielder next year to upgrade 1st base. Beltre worries me a little but when he is on he is one of the best in the league.

Struggle with rangers getting suckered again. You seemed disheartened by the whole cliff lee thing
Struggle with what?

Honestly wouldnt mind if they did (but they have A-rod), I dont think beltre is worth that much money, when they could save it and go after prince fielder next year to upgrade 1st base. Beltre worries me a little but when he is on he is one of the best in the league.

Struggle with rangers getting suckered again. You seemed disheartened by the whole cliff lee thing

I just wanted another good pitcher to help out wilson. It could have been lee, grienke, garza or anyone in that area, but no luck this year. It honestly doesnt bother me that he went to the phillies, just more of the Rangers need another good arm regardless of who it is. I dont know why im saying all this to you because you dont watch baseball and could care less lol

Young will have more Home runs and better avg than him, just watch..... 96 million down the drain. I might have given him 4 years at 50. Michael is also the heart and soul of the Rangers atm especially with most of the fans. Beltre better have one heck of a 1st year is all I have to say if you are kicking Young to the curb.

Young will have more Home runs and better avg than him, just watch..... 96 million down the drain. I might have given him 4 years at 50. Michael is also the heart and soul of the Rangers atm especially with most of the fans. Beltre better have one heck of a 1st year is all I have to say if you are kicking Young to the curb.

No one is kicking him to the curb, your over reacting to much. Young will be well rested and a heck of a DH.

Member when kinsler got hurt last year and Rangers had to play Arias and Blanco there? Now if that happens again, Young can fill in.

Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar were elected to the HOF today.

Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar were elected to the HOF today.

Alomar deserved it no doubt about it. Blyleven has 287 wins, but seems to be more of a compiler than that of hall of famer. Led the league once in K's, twice in innings pitched, never lead in either ERA or Wins, but one year in loses. Check out numbers from his 1985 season 17-16 3.16 ERA 24 Complete Games, 5 Shut Outs, 206 K's(which led the league). We'll never see anyone throw 24 complete games in a year again.

Congrats to both.

Alomar deserved it no doubt about it. Blyleven has 287 wins, but seems to be more of a compiler than that of hall of famer. Led the league once in K's, twice in innings pitched, never lead in either ERA or Wins, but one year in loses. Check out numbers from his 1985 season 17-16 3.16 ERA 24 Complete Games, 5 Shut Outs, 206 K's(which led the league). We'll never see anyone throw 24 complete games in a year again.

Congrats to both.

Man, Bert had one of the nastiest curve balls and he is a Dutchman which is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back