Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man am I tired of Oprah. I was just watching the nightly news and I have to sit through another Oprah commercial about how Brad Pitt is on tomorrow. Is Oprah really that powerful? Do I really need to see Oprah billboards on every street corner? Listen to commercials for the Oprah on the XM baseball station? I swear she is going to take over the world. Ok, im done now. Just had to get that off my chest.

During the fires out here this week, they actually had a bullet point on Oprahs house and one where the fire was. It was close to her house, dont get me wrong, but they stayed on it for a couple hours. The worst part about it was that I watched it, all 3 hours of the fire by Oprahs house coverage.

Oprah? Never seen the show. Never read the magazine. Guess I'm the wrong demographic as well...

Who is this Oprah woman you speak of? :confused2: :wink:

I must say the Oprah and friends song is pretty catchy. I think ill watch it later.

Slow play on a Wed. morning, not because the course is filled up but because the guy in front of me is playing 2 balls:angry:

Slow play on a Wed. morning, not because the course is filled up but because the guy in front of me is playing 2 balls:angry:

Maybe you should have hit your ball up there to join his two. Oops, did I say that aloud. [never would suggest that]

People telling me they're sorry. Don't be sorry, just don't do it again!

People telling me they're sorry. Don't be sorry, just don't do it again!

That was my father's line: "Don't be sorry, don't do it." Still gets a laugh out of all of us.

Phew, that's good to hear.

Thanks. Not so healthy, but still with us. One big regret in my life is that I didn't take up golf until Dad was pretty much past the point where he could play. We've gone out a couple of times on our little par 3 muni, but that's been it. Even then, it's hard for him to walk the entire course (all of 1,000 yards). Congestive heart failiure is a b*tch. :beat-up:

Standing in the hallway with bath towel in hand ready to take a shower when someone just walks in ahead of you to 'you know' and you stand there and think :dohanim:

[We do have 2 bathrooms, but only 1 shower :confused2:]

Major, major work rant going on here.

You are all extremely lucky in that there's no way to explain it without boring you silly and giving away confidential information. Suffice to say that I spent a hunk of my career working for a huge government bureaucracy and they look like rank amateurs compared to this gang.

Major, major work rant going on here.

You are all extremely lucky in that there's no way to explain it without boring you silly and giving away confidential information. Suffice to say that I spent a hunk of my career working for a huge government bureaucracy and they look like rank amateurs compared to this gang.

Huh? Amateurs how...their golf skills?

I could fill this board every day with the crap I deal with, I hate everyone here.

I had an interview and will be starting a new job (in house) on dec. 8th... can't describe how happy I am

I could fill this board every day with the crap I deal with, I hate everyone here.

I had an interview and will be starting a new job (in house) on dec. 8th... can't describe how happy I am

Congrats! That's great.

My pet peeve of the day is waiting in line at Dunkin Donuts with probably 10 people in front of me. We were waitning at least five minutes, which is no big deal. Finally, they ask the lady in front of me for her order and she has NO idea what she wants. She waited until they were ready for her to order to start looking at the menu. I came THIS close to saying something to her! I'm still fired up about it. :at-wits-end:

Congrats! That's great.

My pet peeve of the day is waiting in line at Dunkin Donuts with probably 10 people in front of me. We were waitning at least five minutes, which is no big deal. Finally, they ask the lady in front of me for her order and she has NO idea what she wants. She waited until they were ready for her to order to start looking at the menu. I came THIS close to saying something to her! I'm still fired up about it. :at-wits-end:

that happens all the time to me! our offices are located above The Copley and Prudential Malls and we often frequent the food court. While we often simply eat our bagged lunches there, if I decide to get something people will wait in the massive line, then sit there and look at the menu when it comes to order. AHHHHHH!!!

Rant---I hav had it with our host.

I saw that you were the last post on this thread and guessed as much. You know we love you and Hacker!

JB,

I have a couple great hosts and actually have my own dedicated box. We should talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back