Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, we had a VERY slow group in front of us. Speaking of that group, here's another Rant; Wearing a hat backward when you play golf.

Jim Furyk won $10mil with his hat backwards.

Jim Furyk won $10mil with his hat backwards.

Difference, JF was keeping the dripping water out of his line. The tool in front of us was just holding us up. That was mean he is not a tool. But he looked like one with his play and his hat turned backwards all day.

Hmmm, a backwards hat just isn't that big of a deal to me.

Guess I'm just a little more laid back than I thought.

Hmmm, a backwards hat just isn't that big of a deal to me.

Guess I'm just a little more laid back than I thought.

I tend to agree. I only wear a hat on REAL hot days or REAL cold days. Other than that I dont enjoy wearing them so when I have one on. Its all over the place...hahaha

Car shopping is just not fun. I just will never understand why I cannot look through the lot and then find someone if I want more information or a test drive.

Car shopping is just not fun. I just will never understand why I cannot look through the lot and then find someone if I want more information or a test drive.

Its just a terrible game that you have to play. I very much dislike it.

Its just a terrible game that you have to play. I very much dislike it.

Its like we see all the options in the row. Let me walk up and look at each one. If I see something I like or have a question, I will gladly come and grab you.

Man, that's the worst.... especially when throw out all the hints.

dude...I hate it for you. I am a 100% internet car shopper.

dude...I hate it for you. I am a 100% internet car shopper.

That is what I am doing now. Went to 4 different dealerships today looking at some options and just could not stand even looking. It was like we were trying to steal a car it was so bad at one of them.

Best thing you can do is go in armed with facts from the internet.

Difference, JF was keeping the dripping water out of his line. The tool in front of us was just holding us up. That was mean he is not a tool. But he looked like one with his play and his hat turned backwards all day.

He was probably a tool. But the backwards hat doesn't bother me as much.

That is what I am doing now. Went to 4 different dealerships today looking at some options and just could not stand even looking. It was like we were trying to steal a car it was so bad at one of them.

what I did last time(before my bro was a car salesman). I found the type of car I wanted. Then I priced them and shopped in a 100 mile radius. Dude, I had 3 dealerships practically bidding for my business. I was honest with all of them of the deals these people were faxing to me.

what I did last time(before my bro was a car salesman). I found the type of car I wanted. Then I priced them and shopped in a 100 mile radius. Dude, I had 3 dealerships practically bidding for my business. I was honest with all of them of the deals these people were faxing to me.

That is what I have going now. Truth is that we dont really need a new car. However my warranty just expired on mine and fixing it can get expensive if something goes wrong. Fortunately her car is brand new and is also our main car. So this one will be something different. Either hybrid, electric, fun small car, or something else.

That is what I have going now. Truth is that we dont really need a new car. However my warranty just expired on mine and fixing it can get expensive if something goes wrong. Fortunately her car is brand new and is also our main car. So this one will be something different. Either hybrid, electric, fun small car, or something else.

may be digging too much into your personal life but isnt your car paid off?

may be digging too much into your personal life but isnt your car paid off?

Pretty much, but not quite there. Probably another 6 months or so.

Pretty much, but not quite there. Probably another 6 months or so.

ahhh, I had to make a decision similar to this about 4 months ago. I decided to sell and go newer to avoid repairs.

I have a fun small car for sale so I can get another fun smaller car.

ahhh, I had to make a decision similar to this about 4 months ago. I decided to sell and go newer to avoid repairs.

Im with you as I am a big fan of only having a car under warranty. Some prefer other things, but its just preference. Her car is brand new, so that one is covered, but mine is right on the border and worth more than what is left to pay which is nice.

I've started this as well. Bought the last 2 trucks over the phone, one was 150 miles away and for $150, they delivered it via roll back truck to my office parking lot. I'll never go stand and deal with car dealerships like that again. I do it 1 day to find exactly what I want, I leave and begin the real search.

THIS^^^...I did pretty much the same thing, when to the Ford's website and they have a "build the vehicle you want tool", chose the truck, color, all the options and then it asks if I want it to find trucks that match this at dealers near me...I click yes and it gives me like 9 dealerships within 70 miles that have that exact truck....next thing I know they are all emailing me offering deals, I started telling them about the others deals and let them fight it out....when the dust settled, I told the winner what time I would be there and when I got there all the paperwork was done, truck was washed and gassed up...I was in and out in less than 45 minutes with the new truck.

Im with you as I am a big fan of only having a car under warranty. Some prefer other things, but its just preference. Her car is brand new, so that one is covered, but mine is right on the border and worth more than what is left to pay which is nice.

I differ a little in this because I hate having a car payment and like working on cars, so generally if I can't pay cash for it I don't buy it. That usually keeps me out of brand new cars, but, like my wifes car, that doesn't mean I can't get a car that is a couple years old and still under warranty. I bought hers and it was 3 years old with 35k miles on it, and the dealership waranteed it to 100k!

yeah, I am with you. Good luck. I hate the process your in right now. Its so mind draining.

I've started this as well. Bought the last 2 trucks over the phone, one was 150 miles away and for $150, they delivered it via roll back truck to my office parking lot. I'll never go stand and deal with car dealerships like that again. I do it 1 day to find exactly what I want, I leave and begin the real search.

THIS^^^...I did pretty much the same thing, when to the Ford's website and they have a "build the vehicle you want tool", chose the truck, color, all the options and then it asks if I want it to find trucks that match this at dealers near me...I click yes and it gives me like 9 dealerships within 70 miles that have that exact truck....next thing I know they are all emailing me offering deals, I started telling them about the others deals and let them fight it out....when the dust settled, I told the winner what time I would be there and when I got there all the paperwork was done, truck was washed and gassed up...I was in and out in less than 45 minutes with the new truck.

I like it fellas. This is how it should be done. I always get my banker to write me a check so I tell the guys I am paying cash. Its a small white lie! hehe

I differ a little in this because I hate having a car payment and like working on cars, so generally if I can't pay cash for it I don't buy it. That usually keeps me out of brand new cars, but, like my wifes car, that doesn't mean I can't get a car that is a couple years old and still under warranty. I bought hers and it was 3 years old with 35k miles on it, and the dealership waranteed it to 100k!

you own a porsche. You paid cash?

you own a porsche. You paid cash?

I actually bought my Porsche, and the Saab you saw the other day from the same guy the same day. I thought he was going to pass out when I wrote him a check for the 2 of them. My wifes Cayenne I only paid half up front, and I hate that I have a car payment. It is the first time I have had one and it just sucks, but I got no interest financing from Porsche, so everytime I say I am going to pay it off, my wife yells at me. I understand the logic, I just hate the monthly payment

I'm only 28, bought have bought 2 cars in the last 4 years. I've found the best trick to do onsite browsing / shopping is going in as poorly dressed and sloppy as possible. I wish I was kidding, but the sales folks (I've experienced) judge you when you drive in the lot. Its amazing how they dont chase after you as much, or 5 of the 6 guys waiting at the door 'suddenly' need to answer their cells when we stepped out of the car.

I'm sure it various by dealership & agents, but I'd recommend it for onsite browsing to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back