Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only 28, bought have bought 2 cars in the last 4 years. I've found the best trick to do onsite browsing / shopping is going in as poorly dressed and sloppy as possible. I wish I was kidding, but the sales folks (I've experienced) judge you when you drive in the lot. Its amazing how they dont chase after you as much, or 5 of the 6 guys waiting at the door 'suddenly' need to answer their cells when we stepped out of the car.

I'm sure it various by dealership & agents, but I'd recommend it for onsite browsing to anyone.

Wouldnt they judge more about the car I drove in with rather than what I am wearing? It seems that way to me anyway.

I have to vent about something. This isn't facebook so I'm not gonna make a thread about it but I have let some steam out...

A couple weeks ago a customer of mine who has become one of my good friends, his son committed suicide. Hung himself in the garage... Then I find out last night that a good friend of mine who I've known about 6 years also committed suicide by hanging himself in the garage just yesterday morning... In a way I'm mad at him cuz he left behind 3 kids under 10 and a wife... My question is....

WHAT COULD BE THAT BAD?????? :crying:

I actually bought my Porsche, and the Saab you saw the other day from the same guy the same day. I thought he was going to pass out when I wrote him a check for the 2 of them. My wifes Cayenne I only paid half up front, and I hate that I have a car payment. It is the first time I have had one and it just sucks, but I got no interest financing from Porsche, so everytime I say I am going to pay it off, my wife yells at me. I understand the logic, I just hate the monthly payment

I hear ya bro! Now, you need to buy One-T something. hehe

I'm only 28, bought have bought 2 cars in the last 4 years. I've found the best trick to do onsite browsing / shopping is going in as poorly dressed and sloppy as possible. I wish I was kidding, but the sales folks (I've experienced) judge you when you drive in the lot. Its amazing how they dont chase after you as much, or 5 of the 6 guys waiting at the door 'suddenly' need to answer their cells when we stepped out of the car.

I'm sure it various by dealership & agents, but I'd recommend it for onsite browsing to anyone.

thats hilarious.
Wouldnt they judge more about the car I drove in with rather than what I am wearing? It seems that way to me anyway.

I would have thought the same thing.

I have to vent about something. This isn't facebook so I'm not gonna make a thread about it but I have let some steam out...

A couple weeks ago a customer of mine who has become one of my good friends, his son committed suicide. Hung himself in the garage... Then I find out last night that a good friend of mine who I've known about 6 years also committed suicide by hanging himself in the garage just yesterday morning... In a way I'm mad at him cuz he left behind 3 kids under 10 and a wife... My question is....

wow man. This is crazy! I have always said the same thing...what could be that bad.

Just make sure you guys use Cars.com for all that internet car shopping!

That's horrible..sorry that you lost a couple of friends. I lost a friend to suicide several years back and he left 2 kids under 10 and a hot wife...never understood it at all.

That's terrible to hear Frog. I doubt anything is that bad, but usually people that do this have some mental unstability and an event, or series of events, just push them to the brink.
Hope you're doing ok buddy.

That is what I have going now. Truth is that we dont really need a new car. However my warranty just expired on mine and fixing it can get expensive if something goes wrong.
That is the gamble....I've had my G-35 for 9 1/2 years now and it has 91,000 miles on it. I'm determined to make 100,000 at least before I start looking around again. Also have had no car payment for the last 6 1/2 years and won't know what to do when I finally have one again. Crazy feeling. I'm with One-T, every dealership has an internet department now and I just put everyone in a 50-100 mile radius in competition with each other. That's how you'll get your best deal! But you already know that.............

Sorry to hear.......I have never understood suicide and what drives someone to make that decision. That is sad.

why was it towed?

I was on campus and got held up longer then expected. Ran out of time on the meter and they towed it right as I was coming down to move it.

Wow dude. I agree, what could be that bad? Unless youre going to jail for raping little boys I just understand taking the easy way out like that. Its just sad.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I have known a few people that did this as well, and the one word that always comes to my mind is this: COWARD! I know it sounds harsh, but that is how I feel about it.

I hear ya bro! Now, you need to buy One-T something. hehe

You have to put out as good and frequently as my wife, so unfortunately, you don't stand a chance. hahahaha Of course, if you keep on helping me with my golf game, I may need to pay you back some how.

I've had 2 different salespeople ask me if I drove my parents' car to the dealership. I just went with it and told them yes.

Just make sure you guys use Cars.com for all that internet car shopping!

cars.com is the best!

Sorry to hear that buddy. I have known a few people that did this as well, and the one word that always comes to my mind is this: COWARD! I know it sounds harsh, but that is how I feel about it.

I agree, yorkem. It is cowardly and extremely selfish to do that to your family. It is a terrible thing for the family to have to go through, and that is taking the cowards way out. I have a friend who's father shot himself, she was angry, and made the comment to me a while after it happened, "I dont know what it was he was escaping, but I guess it was more important than walking me down the aisle."

JB should get a Mini Cooper.

I've had 2 different salespeople ask me if I drove my parents' car to the dealership. I just went with it and told them yes.

That may be an age thing though. I cant imagine anybody asking me if I drove my father's car to the dealership.

JB should get a Mini Cooper.

I love minis.

I like the Minis too. I really like the new 4 door Countrymen Minis.

cars.com is the best!

Yes it is! Awesome of you. Do you have the Cars.com app on your smart phone? JB, you should dude.

I use to sell cars. I never judged anyone. I always treated everyone with the same level of respect. I will say this though, today's car shopper is tough. They know a ton and let's be honest, everyone that steps foot on a car lot is in Defense Mode! It's the nature of the beast. I say do most of your research online, contact the Internet Sales Manager and schedule everything in advance. They'll treat you great when you get there. It won't be all awkward and stuff.

I like the Minis too. I really like the new 4 door Countrymen Minis.

I do too, but driving them you lose that mini feel because of the height. They have cool rear bucket seats though. I lurve the Mini Clubman with the barn doors and mini suicide door on the passenger side.

Just had a student tell me as we were discussing Veteran's day for class that its stupid and pointless.

Just about lost it. Its moments like this that keep making me fear for our future.

I do too, but driving them you lose that mini feel because of the height. They have cool rear bucket seats though. I lurve the Mini Clubman with the barn doors and mini suicide door on the passenger side.

I drive by a BMW/Mini dealer every day and gawk at all the cool Minis each time. As much as I like them for some reason Im not sure I would ever buy one.

GEEZ, just got a call from my Orkin man, apparently I need a new vapor barrier as well as new insulation under my house. I am wondering if he is just trying to sell me or if this is a real need.

GEEZ, just got a call from my Orkin man, apparently I need a new vapor barrier as well as new insulation under my house. I am wondering if he is just trying to sell me or if this is a real need.

Are your floors especially cold? Either way, insulation is cheap, and easy to do yourself, especially if you can get one other person to help you. The vapor barrier is another thing altogether. I would definitely get a second opinion to be sure, but yoou do not want to risk mold with a baby on the way.

I drive by a BMW/Mini dealer every day and gawk at all the cool Minis each time. As much as I like them for some reason Im not sure I would ever buy one.

Why not?

You're getting sold dude, and even if you do need insulation under the house (which is kind of a myth) then you do it yourself and save a ton of money.

Are your floors especially cold? Either way, insulation is cheap, and easy to do yourself, especially if you can get one other person to help you. The vapor barrier is another thing altogether. I would definitely get a second opinion to be sure, but yoou do not want to risk mold with a baby on the way.

You're getting sold dude, and even if you do need insulation under the house (which is kind of a myth) then you do it yourself and save a ton of money.

Well, let me say this. I refuse to crawl under my house. FACT!

He did say he there were some spots that need treatment though and that he is going to email me pics. Ugh, I dont need this right now

The treatment you get from car dealerships is always funny. My parents always told me they would buy me a new car when I went to college if I got a full ride scholarship. So when I left for college I got a brand new Nissan Titan. So throughout college I would drive into dealerships and they would see my new shiny truck and I would get immediate attention. I was never even thinking about buying a car, I had NO money. But I would come in and look around because I liked cars. Now my truck is getting older, and has over 100K miles. I now work full time, make a decent salary, and can afford a car payment. I drive my old truck in and.... nothing.

My dad decided to buy a Porsche a while ago. He was close to buying one, but decided to check out one he had found online at another dealership. We went over wearing shorts and a t shirt, got out of his F150, and walked toward the only salesman in the lot to ask about the car he was very interested in buying. As we got close a guy wearing a suit got out of his Mercedes and the cell guy walked around us to talk to him. My dad bought the brand new 911 at the other dealership that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back