Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the 60* Dent! And I see from your siggy that you finally have your Spin Milled addiction satisfied as well. LoL.

Thanks WSE

and actually I still haven't found a 52*, that was in there in hopes that I got the right club when I bought it from TST.

I was looking to buy one in the states but they didn't have a 52* in chrome in any store I went to.

100 pages of rants WOW!

Off topic, but I have to post it here.

Strange how I was talking about anger and bitterness and have this many posts:

Spoiler
666yjq.jpg

Glad you like the wedge Dent. I sent over a 60* wedge to Dent to have waiting at his hotel when he arrived. Just a welcome to FL for him.

Well JB after reading all of this about what happened I am overwhelmed to say the least, the universe sees to things like this..I don't want to say what goes around comes around but... makes me think of an old John Lennon tune don't know if its reference is appropriate "Instant Kharma" circa 72 or 73 I think. Anyway, what I said yesterday in an earlier post on this thread still stands congrats to you and GG by the way :clapp:

After re-reading the last 10 pages over again, I have decided to delete my rant and the posts about my rant. In a time of anger I did the one thing that we ask our members not to do which is to air dirty laundry that is not necessary for the forums. I did that and for that I am sorry.

People make mistakes and certainly I have made my fair share (too many to count) but in the end, we have the greatest forum members in the world and I am not going to let one bad incident be what this forum stands for. We have worked too hard to let this kind of stuff take up space.

I apologize for letting my time of weakness come in the way of our great board and bother our members. But we can all move on now and go back to enjoying each other's company making each other smile. Not a day goes by that our members don't make us smile and laugh.

Thanks for understanding, we love you all. We will continue to work hard to make this a great site.

Okay, a different rant. Waking up at 3:00 am and not being able to get back to sleep is getting old fast.

For you and me both.

It's going to snow again on Sunday. Because of this my wife won't drive my daughter to the birthday party she is supposed to go to. This means I have too. Not the way I wanted to spend my Sunday. It's an hour away and it's all people my wife works with including the owner of her company. Sounds great.

Okay, a different rant. Waking up at 3:00 am and not being able to get back to sleep is getting old fast.

For you and me both.

Take it from someone with truly messed up sleep patterns; get some melatonin supplements. I get the chewable peppermint flavored ones from Trader Joes - white bottle, orange label.

I tried that for a while because so many sweared by it. It just did not work for me. Wish it did though.

I tried that for a while because so many sweared by it. It just did not work for me. Wish it did though.

I was told by a doctor that it needs to be taken as a regime to work - i.e. same time every night whether or not you think you need it.

But it knocks me out whether I do that or not. I've even had prescriptions that didn't do that. And it keeps me asleep (my biggest problem). Weird dreams sometimes though (but I had those with the prescriptions as well.)

Maybe I will give it another try.

Dr gave me a prescription for Ambien, supposed to take 1 pill before bed for sleeping issues. Didn't work at all, I tried 2 & then 3 & still nothing.

Switched me over to lorazapam & that's doing the trick, 6-7 hrs of sleep easily now.

Ambien works for me. Lunesta works great for me, but it gives me that awful metallic taste in my mouth that many suffer with that drug. I try not to take any of them. Tylenol PM works great too.

I quit drinking eight to ten diet cokes a day and cut it down to two with a caffeine-free one or two in the evenings and I quit having sleep problems. At least I was able to pinpoint a cause.

Last night I was not used to sleeping in a cold climate, it was my first sleep back home and I was just shivering like crazy, absolutely shaking for about half an hour, mainly because I was so used to hot weather. I put an extra blanket on and wake up at 2 am boiling.

Last night I was not used to sleeping in a cold climate, it was my first sleep back home and I was just shivering like crazy, absolutely shaking for about half an hour, mainly because I was so used to hot weather. I put an extra blanket on and wake up at 2 am boiling.

It's been 12 days already? Man that time really flew by.

Ok, another rant about my iPhone shipment!

I wake up and it says NOTICE LEFT AT 8:14 AM IN JACKSONVILLE, FL 32260

1.) We got no notice. Everyone was awake at 8:14 and there was no doorbell. No knock.
2.) USPS doesn't even deliver that early. We get packages with OUR MAIL.
3.) Uh...I DONT LIVE IN 32260!!!

This is PISSING ME OFF.

Take it from someone with truly messed up sleep patterns; get some melatonin supplements. I get the chewable peppermint flavored ones from Trader Joes - white bottle, orange label.

For how long does it knock you out?

Next rant: I am totally slammed here at work, and none of it requires any brain cells. Nothing wrong with being busy, but being busy with no intellectual engagement at all drives me batty. I just can't get motivated to deal with it all.

That's my excuse for being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back