Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The did crash testing and found out the Samrt car doesn't fare so well when it collides with larger vehicles. Well duh.

Its like a coffin on wheels.

The did crash testing and found out the Samrt car doesn't fare so well when it collides with larger vehicles. Well duh.

They should change the name to Stupid car.:act-up:

I lost my ipod and a Silver bracelet.

Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your iPod. How much was it? ($)

My wife was on the list for a Smart car but we decided against it when we found out how piss poor the mileage was. For such a small car it gets lousy mileage, we would be better off with Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit.

Saw a video on the web of a Smart car slamming into a cement barrier at 70 mph & it actually did pretty good, the occupants would have easily have survived.

2 years we spent a month in Italy & I rented the 4 door version of the Smart, both my wide & I loved it. Got good gas mileage & was actually fairly quick. Topped out at 200kmph which is over 120mph. Also the Smart car here is not the same as the one overseas, I believe the US version is 4" or so longer to provide for added crash safety ratings.

Here's a pic of the Smart car I rented, ugly color but oh well.
6ok8sp.jpg

Here it is compared against the 2 door european version
v5b98k.jpg

Here's a car which is even smaller, actually gets motorcycle plates for some reason. Had an exhaust pipe no bigger than my pinkie finger.
23lgw89.jpg

And this is the way the Smart car is displayed over there, pretty neat setup.
16m1uv5.jpg

This is the Mercedes benz headquarters in Munich, they have 1 of every vehicle they make all in the same silver color on display.
i1z6g5.jpg

20qds1.jpg

Those are some really neat pictures!

The 4 door was pretty neat & had plenty of room for just the 2 of us, but realistically the backseat was only good for possibly legless children. Here's a pic I took of the back seat.

2n7qt1k.jpg

And here's a pic proving the Smart would do 200kmph, I snapped this one just outside of Munich. Funny thing is about 10 minutes later I had a Maserati come blowing by me that had to be doing 160+mph.

250ouo9.jpg

hahah, Sorry but Maserati > Smart Car.

No speed limits over there? :p

hahah, Sorry but Maserati > Smart Car.

No speed limits over there? :p

Actually there are quite a few speed limits over there, only certain sections of the Autobahn in Germany have unrestricted speeds, but even on those they have "suggested" limits. However other than Switzerland I didn't see a single cop taking radar on any of the autobahns or autostradas. It was basically a free for all but the people over there know how to drive & definitely don't hog the left lane. Pass someone & then get your ass back to the right.

Nadine (my ex) is back in Germany and she said a majority of the Autobahn has a speed limit and it's likely all of it will soon enough....and if you saw the price of gas over there you wouldn't want to drive that fast.

It pains me to post this but I am out of commison for at least 4 to 8 weeks with no golf. My girl and I have an aging dog and a couple of nights ago when we were walking him (up the stairs) he lost his footing and his leash was wrapped around my right hand and when I grabbed hold it snapped a ligament in my thumb. I find out today or tomorrow (mri results) whether or not the have to operate. Dang dogs.

So sorry to hear that Andy.

It is tough not being able to practice. I tryed to hit some chipps and putts with the spint/brace it's not going to happen. I hope the tear isn't too bad so I can be up and running soon. The doctors concern is with the lifestyle (golf pro) that I may need surgery just to help prevent future tears and issues with the thumb.

yikes...good luck man

Thanks RS. I will let everyone know what happens.

Good luck man, surgeries are never fun. The only advice I have is to get as many opinions as possible.

It pains me to post this but I am out of commison for at least 4 to 8 weeks with no golf. My girl and I have an aging dog and a couple of nights ago when we were walking him (up the stairs) he lost his footing and his leash was wrapped around my right hand and when I grabbed hold it snapped a ligament in my thumb. I find out today or tomorrow (mri results) whether or not the have to operate. Dang dogs.

Holy crap dude!

I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T! D'oh! S-M-A-R-T!

I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T! D'oh! S-M-A-R-T!

I'm not sure whether it is the aging process, the multiple snowboarding-related concussions I have sustained in the past decade, or an unholy combination of the two as well as other unknown factors, but I am getting dumber. Not just inconsequentially dumber, but significantly stupider.

In addition to general forgetfulness and idiocy that is pervasive in my daily life, over the past few days, the following specific events have occurred:

1. At the grocery store, I unintentionally referred to the Ocean Spray cranberry-apple drink as "Crapple" instead of "Cranapple."

2. After exiting my car and attempting to enter my house, I pointed the key fob (that controls my car alarm) and the door handle, pressed the button, and was confused for a millisecond as to why the door did not unlock.

3. I momentarily forgot my own name.

I am also confused as to why, at the grocery store, I felt compelled to purchase the "double fiber" English Muffins despite the fact that I have no unusual digestive problems. However, I think this may be solely an unconscious result of the aging process rather than a consequence of becoming stupider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back