Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, I uploaded a lengthy video on youtube for the SCOR wedges and it has been uploaded but taking Youtube FOREVER to process!!

Stupid YouTube!!!!! We need One Tizzle video goodness.

Stupid YouTube!!!!! We need One Tizzle video goodness.

haha, I have never had it take this long! Whats this all about...anyone have any insight?

haha, I have never had it take this long! Whats this all about...anyone have any insight?

How long is it and what resolution was it filmed in?

Easy fix I found to this. Instead of uploading to Youtube straight from the Flip, put it on your desktop and on a mac, run it through Imovie and export it at medium movie settings. Or on a PC run it through windows movie maker (or like program) and do the same.

Then upload to youtube and it is WAY faster.

Easy fix I found to this. Instead of uploading to Youtube straight from the Flip, put it on your desktop and on a mac, run it through Imovie and export it at medium movie settings. Or on a PC run it through windows movie maker (or like program) and do the same.

Good point...I always run it through iMovie which compresses the size down substantially. 11 minutes at raw 720p most likely will take a few hours. Even a 6 minute file ran through iMovie can take me an hour. Also your upload speed from your location plays a part in this also.

hmmm, this is what I did...it uploaded to youtube rather quickly but now it is being "processed".

Woke up at 6 am to find water in every room in my house. Pipe in tbe upstairs apartment burst durin the night. Only room with no water in my bedroom. This has been the worst year of my life and it isnt even close. My wife had a miscarriage, she lost her job, and now this. 3 big things in one year. I just dont even know what to do with myself at this point. I just want to crawl in a ball and go to sleep for a while.

Tap tap taparoo

Dang Dev. Im sorry its times like these you dont even want to here people say stuff like keep your head up, but be strong man. Prayers headed your way

Woke up at 6 am to find water in every room in my house. Pipe in tbe upstairs apartment burst durin the night. Only room with no water in my bedroom. This has been the worst year of my life and it isnt even close. My wife had a miscarriage, she lost her job, and now this. 3 big things in one year. I just dont even know what to do with myself at this point. I just want to crawl in a ball and go to sleep for a while.

Tap tap taparoo

I was gonna get on here and gripe about the brown gorillas (UPS) for busting one of the items I ordered online recently, but then I saw your post and suddenly my rant seemed pretty petty by comparison. Things will get better Dev, I'm just coming off what has been the worst two years of my life, where my world just came crashing down around me. Lost my job, my wife, etc. Anyway, I just posted that to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there man nothing lasts forever, not even bad times, fortunately.

I was gonna get on here and gripe about the brown gorillas (UPS) for busting one of the items I ordered online recently, but then I saw your post and suddenly my rant seemed pretty petty by comparison. Things will get better Dev, I'm just coming off what has been the worst two years of my life, where my world just came crashing down around me. Lost my job, my wife, etc. Anyway, I just posted that to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there man nothing lasts forever, not even bad times, fortunately.

Thanks man. I know that things will get better but I am just sitting around every day waiting for the next shoe to drop. It is not a good feeling.

Thanks man. I know that things will get better but I am just sitting around every day waiting for the next shoe to drop. It is not a good feeling.
Jeez Dev, I'm really sorry to hear what happened. I went through it once and it sucks. You just don't know where to start. Standing in the living room ankle deep in water...

I hope things start looking up for you. My thoughts are with you.

All the best...Sean

Tap tap taparoo

Rough day rough year DR. Things will get better soon.

I've always loaded it on the computer first. Never thought about the time involved, but because it takes battery to download it and since I am going to put it on the computer anyway, that would save downloading it from my Flip two times. I've never compressed it or anything, but my videos haven't been very long so far.

I was golfing today, and while on the 9th tee box, people were going from the 1st green to the 2nd tee. They were driving carts and one of them had a handicapped flag on their cart. Instead of driving on the path from the green to the tee, they drove right along the edge of the men's tee box to get to the women's. My playing partner told them to stay off the tee boxes, and they flipped out and said the flag gave them the right to drive along the edges of tees and greens to save them as much walking as possible. Flipped. Now, keeping aside the fact that they unreasonably flipped out, they were in the wrong here right? They could have easily gone around the tee box without touching them. I just don't see why they felt they had the right to do what they want. They could avoid damaging specially cut areas by only adding 1 or 2 steps to their game per round. Grrrrr. If you're healthy enough to swing a club at least 70 times a round, you can walk an extra few steps per hole to avoid damaging anything.

I was golfing today, and while on the 9th tee box, people were going from the 1st green to the 2nd tee. They were driving carts and one of them had a handicapped flag on their cart. Instead of driving on the path from the green to the tee, they drove right along the edge of the men's tee box to get to the women's. My playing partner told them to stay off the tee boxes, and they flipped out and said the flag gave them the right to drive along the edges of tees and greens to save them as much walking as possible. Flipped. Now, keeping aside the fact that they unreasonably flipped out, they were in the wrong here right? They could have easily gone around the tee box without touching them. I just don't see why they felt they had the right to do what they want. They could avoid damaging specially cut areas by only adding 1 or 2 steps to their game per round. Grrrrr. If you're healthy enough to swing a club at least 70 times a round, you can walk an extra few steps per hole to avoid damaging anything.

yeah our seniors actually drive on the greens no matter how many times we tell them not to

yeah our seniors actually drive on the greens no matter how many times we tell them not to

Are you serious? Around maybe but on? They would get impaled down here if they pull a stunt like that.

Are you serious? Around maybe but on? They would get impaled down here if they pull a stunt like that.

you have no idea how pissed other members get when its senior league day... 6hr rounds, handicapped flags in the woods/greens/tees, 6somes etc... everyone avoids the course like the plague on thursdays

I wake up at 2:45am for work. Well I have today off and wanted to sleep in but my DUMB AZZ neighbor is never home and has to many hounds. One gets out at 2am and is howling up a storm all through the woods. My property, neighbors property and I was thinking its .22 time. I called my neighbor about his dumb dog and he doesnt answer, so now I called the sheriff to get ahold of animal control. Well know one is available and my patience has run out. Its almost 7am and I can still hear that little F'er back behind my neighbors property. I cant stand people that have pets and do not take care of them, useless people...

I wake up at 2:45am for work. Well I have today off and wanted to sleep in but my DUMB AZZ neighbor is never home and has to many hounds. One gets out at 2am and is howling up a storm all through the woods. My property, neighbors property and I was thinking its .22 time. I called my neighbor about his dumb dog and he doesnt answer, so now I called the sheriff to get ahold of animal control. Well know one is available and my patience has run out. Its almost 7am and I can still hear that little F'er back behind my neighbors property. I cant stand people that have pets and do not take care of them, useless people...

Man that sucks. But I know how u feel. My neighbor has a beagel that doesn't shut up

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Just dealt with this problem with my new neighbor. He has two giant poodles that he used to let out at 530 AM that sounded like wounded cows. So I called the police after trying to talk to him to no avail and now he can't let them out until 7:00 AM when the noise ordinance is over. I tried to be reasonable with the guy and he just wouldn't listen.

Just dealt with this problem with my new neighbor. He has two giant poodles that he used to let out at 530 AM that sounded like wounded cows. So I called the police after trying to talk to him to no avail and now he can't let them out until 7:00 AM when the noise ordinance is over. I tried to be reasonable with the guy and he just wouldn't listen.

That's awesome. The noise ordinance rule is a good one for such an early morning nuisance!

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's awesome. The noise ordinance rule is a good one for such an early morning nuisance!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yah i hate having to go this route but you just can't reason with some people. It's hilarious now cause he lets them out at 700 AM on the second.

Yah i hate having to go this route but you just can't reason with some people. It's hilarious now cause he lets them out at 700 AM on the second.

Dude, use your scary man looks to scare the neighbors. That will work.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Dude, use your scary man looks to scare the neighbors. That will work.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Dunno this guy is pretty big and he's in the military in some fashion. He could probably kill me before I ever hit him.

Gorgeous day today and I can't play.....fmb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back