Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole idea of texting escapes me. I don't do that well at typing on a keyboard let alone a phone keypad. As for the acronyms I'm sick of those too. Work comes up with so many of them seems like a new one everyday. Overload with all those damn initials and their meanings.WTF

I text all day everyday. I would love to find out how many texts I've sent and received, my average for month, week, and day. And I want to print out my texts with my best friend and see how many pages it is, we text like crazy, and after almost 6 months of it its gotta be A LOT of pages.

In the police world we also use penal codes in place of verbs. I.E., (in California) instead of saying, "I caught a guy tagging/vandalizing that wall", I would say "I hooked a guy for 594'ing that wall."

Studies have been done and it's easier to see a car when it's headlights are on, even during the day. My car has headlights that turn on when the car is started and I don't know why all cars aren't built that way. It's a safety issue.

(Except for the cars with those damn extra bright blueish headlights that blind everyone driving around them. I still don't understand how those are legal.)

I thought they were putting daytime running lights on all new cars after a certain date, or is that an extra option? My lights are on all the time. Ever since I started driving I have turned my headlights on when I put the car into gear.

I have never heard of Nude Club before.

That's because you are still young. :tongue:

I thought they were putting daytime running lights on all new cars after a certain date, or is that an extra option? My lights are on all the time. Ever since I started driving I have turned my headlights on when I put the car into gear.

Actually, in 1995 the US DOT made it legal to equip a vehicle with daytime running lights, but it has never been a mandated safety item. They have been a required feature on Canadian vehicles since 1990.

As far as safety, it's a mixed bag on results. The US DOT tried to lower the max power of lights used but gave up on that in 2004. GM puts them on all models (easier for them to manufacture since Canadian-bound units must have them anyways) and motorcyclist groups have argued that it makes motorcycles less noticeable as people get used to seeing them on cars/trucks.

lights on during the day pisses me off... if I can't see a car in the middle of the day I have no business driving

lights on during the day pisses me off... if I can't see a car in the middle of the day I have no business driving

That's the problem DD. A LOT of people have no business driving. If I can make it easier for those people to see me, I'm going to do it! And I hope you at least drive with headlights on if it's raining, snowing or foggy even during the day. I have used my headlights during the day for at least ten years. If it pisses you off, then you are obviously seeing them! So what I am doing it for is working.

That's the problem DD. A LOT of people have no business driving. If I can make it easier for those people to see me, I'm going to do it! And I hope you at least drive with headlights on if it's raining, snowing or foggy even during the day. I have used my headlights during the day for at least ten years. If it pisses you off, then you are obviously seeing them! So what I am doing it for is working.

That's the bottom line.If it makes it easier for people to see you why wouldn't you turn your lights on.It's a no-brainer.Speaking of no brains I guess that's why a lot of people don't do it and why you had a reason to rant.

I'll throw them on if its raining and overcast... but if its a summer day with rain and its not that dark I usually dont even think about throwing them on.

A lot of states require you to turn them on any time you have your wipers on. Might want to check that out.

yeah... my car is older (1996) and this is just another thing that will suck my battery dry.

yeah... my car is older (1996) and this is just another thing that will suck my battery dry.

I really don't see that happening. I had a 1989 pickup truck and ran my light all the time plus foglights and never had a battery problem.

Leaving them on when the car is not on will however increase the chances of having a dead battery. And if you are doing that all the time I have to wonder what you are thinking about when you get out of your car.

Right now work/the market/everything just feels like a death watch.

That is all.

Wanting to buy a house and realizing that the stuff I did when I was "just being a kid" has finally caught up to me and screwed me over. :angry: Damn immaturity. :angry:

Wanting to buy a house and realizing that the stuff I did when I was "just being a kid" has finally caught up to me and screwed me over. :angry: Damn immaturity. :angry:

Uh oh.... I'm sure I'll do the same thing Bogey, don't worry.

Uh oh.... I'm sure I'll do the same thing Bogey, don't worry.

Learn from my mistake and don't do it. Those credit cards aren't worth the hassle. Plus most of the stuff that was bought on mine is long gone. :angry: Waste your money on a car. Atleast then you will have something to show for it.

Learn from my mistake and don't do it. Those credit cards aren't worth the hassle. Plus most of the stuff that was bought on mine is long gone. :angry: Waste your money on a car. Atleast then you will have something to show for it.

I actually don't plan on getting a car until graduation, then I can get something nice and keep it for a looong time. As well, I'll get a credit card for the credit score, but I plan on putting a limit on the card.

I actually don't plan on getting a car until graduation, then I can get something nice and keep it for a looong time. As well, I'll get a credit card for the credit score, but I plan on putting a limit on the card.

Good plan.

About 15 years ago I began paying off the full balance of my credit cards each month. It was a great decision. Nothing accumulates logarithmically like cc debt.

Oh cripes, the market's down again.

First it had priced in that there will never be another residential real estate transaction in this country.

Then it priced in that we will replace existing cars at the rate of one percent per year.

Now it has priced in that we'll all stop buying toothpaste, soap, and toilet paper.

At this rate, maybe the world should come to an end, before we all stink too badly.

Hubby is going to be so much fun this evening...

I dont know about you, but I smell like roses...hehe

I've suffered a pretty large proportionate loss of wealth in my retirement savings account. The good news is that a 50% loss of very little = not much.

I've suffered a pretty large proportionate loss of wealth in my retirement savings account. The good news is that a 50% loss of very little = not much.

You also have a job you aren't going to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back