Official Rant of the Day

Back to the broken pipe how did that happen ? Crazy wierd circumstances. Anything damaged? Happened while you were out?

Sometimes life is rude.

I have this crazy pattern going. I wake up super early when I’m playing golf that day. No exception today, out of bed at 230 am.

Just saying so you don't get shocked when you get the revised bill, they will probably just deduct the sewage portion off the bill.
Your bill may have a breakdown so you might check to see what percentage it is.
Most water companies will require a copy of the repair invoice to confirm the "no water in drain" aspect.

Being in billing with the county sewer department, that's exactly what we do. If it was a leaking toilet, then you're on your own.

Holy cow y'all. Sorry to hear about the pipe, and I hope that gets straightened out quickly!

And the health issue with your wife and the docs, sorry you had to go through that. It sucks and I don't think the health care system is as good as it was, could be, and is getting worse.

My rant is simple... stuck in traffic by a train this morning... and I'm waiting for the daughterboard I need for my pool's computer controller that came in last night to fix the one that's having some sort of issue. I want to get this part installed so it will hopefully allow my salt cell chlorinator to work so I can stop adding shock to my pool every other day... and my pool is surrounded by frogs. I've got to pick up some snake repellant to hopefully encourage the frogs to find somewhere else to go.

... and my pool is surrounded by frogs. I've got to pick up some snake repellant to hopefully encourage the frogs to find somewhere else to go.
Wouldn't you actually want to attract the snakes to get rid of the frogs?
Of course then you'd need to get foxes to get rid of the snakes, bobcats to chase off the foxes, mountain lions for the bobcats, ...

Wouldn't you actually want to attract the snakes to get rid of the frogs?
Of course then you'd need to get foxes to get rid of the snakes, bobcats to chase off the foxes, mountain lions for the bobcats, ...
that's the thing... snakes for frogs, king snakes for the other snakes, foxes for the king snakes... and in the end I'm in my backyard holding a shotgun with cheeto fingers because the bobcat and bear aren't playing nicely.:ROFLMAO:

From what I'm reading, snake repellant is also good for frogs. If a snake hasn't found these noisy frogs by now they've missed their free meal. I'm wanting the frogs to move on.

Business must be good or these contractors and lumber yards must not like money because I am having serious trouble getting a quote!

No quote is almost better than a pie in the sky quote to make someone go away. I'd venture a guess that they're busy

My neighbor does higher end windows, doors, and retractable screens, and he says he is swamped.

No quote is almost better than a pie in the sky quote to make someone go away. I'd venture a guess that they're busy
My neighbor does higher end windows, doors, and retractable screens, and he says he is swamped.
Unfortunately(?) for these guys, I’m persistent! But yea it seems like every house in the neighborhood has a project going on. My turn!

Unfortunately(?) for these guys, I’m persistent! But yea it seems like every house in the neighborhood has a project going on. My turn!
Out of curiousity, what are you wanting done? Is it something you can do?

And boom goes the garage door spring.

And boom goes the garage door spring.
The first time it happened, I was about six feet away and there was no safety cable. I replaced them in pairs and always have a safety cable installed now.

Out of curiousity, what are you wanting done? Is it something you can do?
Replacing deck boards with Trex. I can do it, but am exploring all options first. Lowe’s quoted me a Cadillac for a Hyundai and I’ve got one reasonable quote on material so now I’m waiting on a contractor’s quote to see if my time and effort is worth it.

Replacing deck boards with Trex. I can do it, but am exploring all options first. Lowe’s quoted me a Cadillac for a Hyundai and I’ve got one reasonable quote on material so now I’m waiting on a contractor’s quote to see if my time and effort is worth it.
Definitely something you can do yourself if you are somewhat inclined.

The first time it happened, I was about six feet away and there was no safety cable. I replaced them in pairs and always have a safety cable installed now.
I’m having the entire thing replaced. The guy said the brand I have is the cheap stuff they use when building new homes. The spring is also internal and can’t be replaced.

Definitely something you can do yourself if you are somewhat inclined.
I know my way around the power tools. And by power tools I mean a set of detailed instructions and YouTube videos 😆

I know my way around the power tools. And by power tools I mean a set of detailed instructions and YouTube videos 😆
Decking boards really is one of the easier DIY projects.

it's crazy. I heard someone posit that it's because everyone is stuck indoors, looking at everything in their house that they hate and want to change. home values are still going pretty strong. Zillow has our house WAY overpriced imho, and it's usually on the low side.

it's crazy. I heard someone posit that it's because everyone is stuck indoors, looking at everything in their house that they hate and want to change. home values are still going pretty strong. Zillow has our house WAY overpriced imho, and it's usually on the low side.
My wife is ready to remodel our 6 year old home. She won’t listen to reason so I’m getting new clubs. :ROFLMAO:

Decking boards really is one of the easier DIY projects.
Here’s a story just so you know of what I’m dealing with. A few years back I decided put a cat door. I know you’re supposed to measure twice and cut once, but it doesn’t matter how many times you measure when you’re measuring the top of the door instead of the bottom... 🤣

I almost decapitated myself trying to fix a garage door Spring. Scared the living crap out of me and I let the professionals handle it from there.

Here’s a story just so you know of what I’m dealing with. A few years back I decided put a cat door. I know you’re supposed to measure twice and cut once, but it doesn’t matter how many times you measure when you’re measuring the top of the door instead of the bottom... 🤣
Oh no! Decking is still easier but maybe you should hire someone. :ROFLMAO:

Back