Official Rant of the Day

I don’t like listening to or watching my team lose and then getting a notification a few minutes later that my team is losing. Stupid technology :snub:

somehow my internal body alarm got set to 630 am. It's been 2 weeks and 630ish ( +/- 5 min ) seems to be when my body wants to get me up. Doesn't matter if I go to sleep at 11 pm or 1 am. Great for early tee time days. Sucks on work days when I don't have to be at work until 830 am or nights when I worked until 430 AM. You would think the alarm would get rest then? Nope.
I would feel sorry for you but try having a internal clock that wakes you up a half hour before the sun comes up. Summer time, anywhere from 3:30 during summer solstice, to the current 3:55am. :(
At least being in Maine I can sleep in during the winter.:)

I would feel sorry for you but try having a internal clock that wakes you up a half hour before the sun comes up. Summer time, anywhere from 3:30 during summer solstice, to the current 3:55am. :(

Ouch!o_O

That’s my regular work time to wake up. For some reason on my off days I wake up 30 minutes earlier. 😕

So, is "Tar Heel" next on the chopping block?

No idea what's going on in your life, but when things generally suck for me, I try to remember a few things:

You touch countless lives in positive meaningful ways you will never know.

If you're getting flak, you must be over the target.

I believe God doesn't give us tests we can't pass.

And two from Gen Colin Powell:

It Ain’t as Bad as You Think! It Will Look Better in the Morning. (To which I say, well, maybe not the next morning, but in a few mornings.)

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
@Jman I had a customer get upset with me once because they didn’t get the answer they wanted but got the truth. I sensed this, and told him “you know what, the sun will still come up tomorrow wether you have this item or not”. He called me the next to thank me for putting it into perspective for him.

I’m sure you are in a tough spot, but remember you have a huge community here to support you. If they would let me cross the border I would be there tomorrow to give you a huge bro hug. If that’s not your thing then maybe a fist bump. If that’s too creepy then I guess I’d just have to take you for a round of golf.

It is hard to work from home when Spectrum is out all afternoon and the work aircard connects to the mobile network but has no internet access.

I would throw up if I got a bill like that.
This would be a good subject for one of those "we didn't use a realtor" commercials:ROFLMAO:

Pool Companies & their lack of commitment & communication. Haven’t seen anyone here in 3.5 weeks & its frustrating!

Have I ever said working with Unions are a PITA. Love teachers, don't like fighting with the Union.

If I didn’t already know it was summer, my electric bill is here to remind me. And slap me in the face.

If I didn’t already know it was summer, my electric bill is here to remind me. And slap me in the face.
I'm afraid what my office's bill is. If I set it to 75, I can barely keep the temp at 80. If I leave it at 72 overnight, it might not top 76. It never stops running past mid-morning.

My landlord doesn't want to pay for a new unit (the present one is 20 years old) so he pays the bill and patches the unit, ducts and piles more insulation in the attic.

I'm afraid what my office's bill is. If I set it to 75, I can barely keep the temp at 80. If I leave it at 72 overnight, it might not top 76. It never stops running past mid-morning.

My landlord doesn't want to pay for a new unit (the present one is 20 years old) so he pays the bill and patches the unit, ducts and piles more insulation in the attic.
That sounds like a lot of work for a simple solution! We have a 20 year old unit at home. It’s working as well as a 20 year old unit can, but is also as efficient as you’d expect. I’ll have the tower fan in the office as long as I’m working from home.

It could be worse. We have a heater for our above ground pool, and it costs more to heat the dang pool in the summer than the house in the winter.

Check your annual reconciliation statements - sounds like someone may have been charging you for “reserve for replacement” but pocketing the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds like a lot of work for a simple solution! We have a 20 year old unit at home. It’s working as well as a 20 year old unit can, but is also as efficient as you’d expect. I’ll have the tower fan in the office as long as I’m working from home.
Check your local utility to see if they offer rebates on energy efficient HVAC equipment. That will help the payoff period on your new equipment when you're considering replacement.

Check your local utility to see if they offer rebates on energy efficient HVAC equipment. That will help the payoff period on your new equipment when you're considering replacement.
Rebate wasn’t enough to convince wife. Also lost the battle for a dual zone system 😆

UPS can bite my shiny metal ass. I should have sent my package with the Marx brothers.

Rebate wasn’t enough to convince wife. Also lost the battle for a dual zone system 😆
Sorry and sorry. Dont try a PowerPoint presentation as a way to persuade, it doesnt work either :p

UPS can bite my shiny metal ass. I should have sent my package with the Marx brothers.
UPS is acting more like a company that really has lost the plot... excuse after excuse after excuse

Back