Official Rant of the Day

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hahaha some people need to reevaluate life. A threesome called to complain about slow play in front of them (there were 6 groups in front of them, including my group) but I’m not sure they know what actual pace is because we finished 25 minutes ahead of pace. Marshall came out to talk to everyone to show he was doing something but said not to change a thing - 100% of the groups was ahead of pace by at least one hole and there was a several hole gap after the first seven groups - some people just need to complain just to complain and I’ve started laughing at them.

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
Hahaha some people need to reevaluate life. A threesome called to complain about slow play in front of them (there were 6 groups in front of them, including my group) but I’m not sure they know what actual pace is because we finished 25 minutes ahead of pace. Marshall came out to talk to everyone to show he was doing something but said not to change a thing - 100% of the groups was ahead of pace by at least one hole and there was a several hole gap after the first seven groups - some people just need to complain just to complain and I’ve started laughing at them.
Speed golfers are just as big a problem on the course as the arse draggers.

I've noticed the equilibrium has been thrown off a little lately around here, and I think the root cause is single rider carts are able to play much faster than walkers.

Molten

Man Down
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Speed golfers are just as big a problem on the course as the arse draggers.

I've noticed the equilibrium has been thrown off a little lately around here, and I think the root cause is single rider carts are able to play much faster than walkers.
I’m hearing through the rumor mill that this someone mad about changes made to benefit the majority of the membership. Apparently change is hard and a beautiful Sunday and two weeks later is when people decide to voice it. I pray I don’t grow up to be like that - I really do.

Turtlerancher

Reaction score
Handicap
Pick one.
I’m hearing through the rumor mill that this someone mad about changes made to benefit the majority of the membership. Apparently change is hard and a beautiful Sunday and two weeks later is when people decide to voice it. I pray I don’t grow up to be like that - I really do.
Was it the new power couple at the course, Richard and Karen Imallthat? 😉🤣

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My 2nd Covid test is taking forever to comeback. Yes I had it in May. Some of the Symptoms have come back and I was retested Thurs and since I am a 1st responder they said I should have results in 1 day. Today is day 3 with NO Results not happy.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Had a meatball sandwich for lunch at work, now I need a nap. 😕

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
My 2nd Covid test is taking forever to comeback. Yes I had it in May. Some of the Symptoms have come back and I was retested Thurs and since I am a 1st responder they said I should have results in 1 day. Today is day 3 with NO Results not happy.
I'd say, based on the length of time, you're gonna live. Thanks for your service!

GoldenBuff

Large landscape lover
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8
Working on 2 evaluation presentations for two different groups. This is my least favorite part of my work. It is required, important, and can be valuable. But compared to the dynamic cutting edge science on these projects, evaluation as a topic is plain and simple cumbersome and boring. I'm falling aspect putting these together ... :rolleyes:

wubears71

Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I took my son camping Saturday for scouts and I got some sort of food bug. My digestive system is finally starting to feel normal but my body feels tired. I hate stomach bugs.

mmaynard11

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in a serious funk right now. Not sure what it is, but finding motivation is tough to come by these days.

Gman79

Enjoying the adventure we call golf
Reaction score
Handicap
I am in a serious funk right now. Not sure what it is, but finding motivation is tough to come by these days.
hang in there bud... you got a great pool and hot tub ready to relax and the sun is shining.... you just need to open those eyes and adopt a "sunshine state of mind"

Oh yeah you beat me in fantasy as well!

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
Shout out to the one percenters and their private jets overhead 300 feet above my house. That was my alarm clock today. (n)

chefkritter

I’m a Dr. of all things unimportant
Reaction score
Handicap
How the heck can a school district decide to close school after kids are on the bus and or at school. Such a stupid decision after other districts had made the decision earlier so parents could plan accordingly.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Reaction score
Handicap
I feel ya,

Kiddo was at home all last week with the wife potty training.
Lots of hits, some misses, some accidents.
First day back at daycare yesterday and he had 2 accidents...... why? They figured a kid 1 week into potty training didn't need to be put on a potty before going for playtime.

We're getting there!

93civiccpe

Reaction score
Handicap
I feel ya,

First day back at daycare yesterday and he had 2 accidents...... why? They figured a kid 1 week into potty training didn't need to be put on a potty before going for playtime.

We're getting there!
It's a new week and we've had some battles but no accidents so far...

J.B. Cobb III

J.C. 3 Stix
Reaction score
Handicap
I feel ya,

We're getting there!
What helped us was we bought a kid potty that looks like a real toilet. We would put it in the living room and let Sicilia sit on it. We would keep her diaper off too. As she got used to using it, we moved it into the bathroom beside the big potty. Then, eventually we took it away, and she’s been using the big potty without many problems. It was a fairly easy transition.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Reaction score
We've officially reached fall, heading towards that time of year I have no use for. Although I do have fall golf to look forward to, so that's a plus. However, the last 4 days with temperatures in the 30s every morning are just indicators of what is coming. Too cold, too soon.

J.B. Cobb III

J.C. 3 Stix
Reaction score
Handicap

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Reaction score
Handicap
What helped us was we bought a kid potty that looks like a real toilet. We would put it in the living room and let Sicilia sit on it. We would keep her diaper off too. As she got used to using it, we moved it into the bathroom beside the big potty. Then, eventually we took it away, and she’s been using the big potty without many problems. It was a fairly easy transition.
We have been really good with using the potty, and the small toilets at daycare.
The big issue is when he gets into something, like playtime or crafts, and just doesn't want to leave lol.
Unfortunately at daycare, the toilets are up a flight of stairs and a very long walk away. Even if he was ready to go, he wouldn't make it in time.

GoldenBuff

Large landscape lover
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8
Golf rant at myself: I need to have more confidence in my golf abilities. I have made massive improvements in my swing and play and have the pieces to achieve my next step goals. But to do that, I also need to stop underrating my ability and game. For example I put down my putting all the time, but it is actually pretty good. Most of my game is solid. There will always be ample room to improve, but the game right now has scoring room I have yet to explore. Or more correctly, scoring room I have yet to allow myself to explore. Mental game. This is where I need to improve. Trust myself and my game and give me permission to move forward.

TexasHacker34

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I had a couple of tee times setup for this weekend at Payne's Valley and Ozark National, and my friends ended up having to bail last minute. Was looking forward to being some of the first to play the full 18 at Payne's Valley.

93civiccpe

Reaction score
Handicap
I had a couple of tee times setup for this weekend at Payne's Valley and Ozark National, and my friends ended up having to bail last minute. Was looking forward to being some of the first to play the full 18 at Payne's Valley.
You couldn't find anyone to take their spots? That course looks insanely good!!

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.5
The wife and I played in a couples 2 day tourney this weekend and we did very well. At the end, they say that due to the China virus, the scores and results will be sent via email the next day. So when nothing shows up by last night, the wife sends an email to them to make sure they had ours and the reply was.....oh, we're hoping to send out the results on Wednesday....:mad:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in