Official Rant of the Day

Fall in the PNW means it is Eratigena atrica (giant house spider) time!

They crunch when squished. They can have 3/4" bodies. They can take up 3 inches of space. Sometimes more. They can climb painted walls. They can hang from ceilings. They can resist bug spray by curling up. They can live up to 6 years. They are the fastest actual spider in the world, sustaining speeds of just under 2ft/s. They are everywhere.

They crunch when squished. They can have 3/4" bodies. They can take up 3 inches of space. Sometimes more. They can climb painted walls. They can hang from ceilings. They can resist bug spray by curling up. They can live up to 6 years. They are the fastest actual spider in the world, sustaining speeds of just under 2ft/s. They are everywhere.
Burn the house down with fire, collect the insurance, then move far, far away! 🤣🤣

Noooope. No thank you! Are cats and dogs effective mitigation?

The nice and friendly atmosphere of the last week around here seems to be over.

So, it's just a baby then...

Too many politicians causing too much local air traffic.... o_O:eek::sick:

Will I ever figure out the proper sriracha ratio?! 🥵

The nice and friendly atmosphere of the last week around here seems to be over.

i guess i should keep frequenting my usual threads, because everyone seems to be just as chill as ever to me

Taking my morning mile walk yesterday and my right knee starting popping, like it will every now and then but usually I just shake it a bit and its fine. Today hurts like a SOB, why does getting older have to be such a pain. I mean just walking wtf?

Taking my morning mile walk yesterday and my right knee starting popping, like it will every now and then but usually I just shake it a bit and its fine. Today hurts like a SOB, why does getting older have to be such a pain. I mean just walking wtf?

my favorite are the sleep-related injuries haha

Have only been able to get out for 2 nine hole rounds in the last 3 weeks and the season is winding down up here and could quickly come to a screeching stop! So, I find out from the wife that her and our daughter are planning on cleaning out the basement and I need to help them this weekend after already making plans for 54 holes Sunday and Monday!

Have only been able to get out for 2 nine hole rounds in the last 3 weeks and the season is winding down up here and could quickly come to a screeching stop! So, I find out from the wife that her and our daughter are planning on cleaning out the basement and I need to help them this weekend after already making plans for 54 holes Sunday and Monday!

"Poor planning on your part does not precipitate a reprioritization on my part," I told my wife.

Once.

Well I had my follow up doctor's appointment for my back today and am not super excited about the lack of progress. I still have issues and some days it feels like there has been no progress. My options now are an MRI possibly followed by some kind of an injection if it's a nerve issue or try building more core strength to see if that helps. I'm not real interested in the MRI idea right now so I guess I'll be trying Pilates like he recommended. Time to find some spandex pants 🤣.

Well I had my follow up doctor's appointment for my back today and am not super excited about the lack of progress. I still have issues and some days it feels like there has been no progress. My options now are an MRI possibly followed by some kind of an injection if it's a nerve issue or try building more core strength to see if that helps. I'm not real interested in the MRI idea right now so I guess I'll be trying Pilates like he recommended. Time to find some spandex pants 🤣.
Do the PT and go from there. One doc wanted to inject some concoction into my neck that burns out the nerves in the area.
I went to see him about my hand and elbow, mostly. :rolleyes: My neck is pretty good compared to the rest of me.:unsure:
Less invasive first, always. I had to really work myself up to it and double valium it for the last MRI. Too many over the years!! :whistle:
Went just fiiiiiine though. You can take me to the mother ship on two valium. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: KEV
my favorite are the sleep-related injuries haha
Oh my goodness I had my first one of these last week. What an absolute joke! How tf do I injure my neck so badly while sleeping the same way I've always slept?

Oh my goodness I had my first one of these last week. What an absolute joke! How tf do I injure my neck so badly while sleeping the same way I've always slept?
It is so frustrating, I have been doing good with the walking and lifting some light weights everyday. Lost 10 lbs and feel great, now the knee two days later is still hurting and I have the PXG fitting evaluation this morning and I am not sure how well the already crappy swing is going to do.

It is kind of scary as this is starting to act like ACL problem (unstable side to side) I had with the left knee and I never want to go though that surgery and recovery again.

Getting older...total suckification on all fronts.

i am tired of customers getting pissed at me because i don't speak spanish. don't bang your hand on my desk....don't throw you hands up in frustration. and I'm sure that you are not saying how awesome i am as your walking out the door mumbling to yourself out loud. I'm guessing it goes something like this: "that guy was sooooo helpful, I'm glad to be here in America right now"

if I moved to Russia, I would expect to learn Russian, China Mandarin, mexico spanish. I wouldn't be banging on desks because everyone is not doing what I want.

edit: it's not the guy coming from puerto rico to the U.S. that gives me trouble (new to the U.S. i don't expect you to be fluent, but they always try hard). its the guy that has been here for 4 years and is trying to renew his driver license (so i can see he got it in 2016, 4 years ago). he is he one that gets mad. dude, you have been here for at least 4 years...come on man

Last edited:

Fastcap. You're welcome.

I now have the license plate # and a daily log of the guy driving the 12 passenger commercial commuter van into my driveway as a turnaround on his metro mobility route every single day for the past week. Same exact time of day. I am waiting in my front window for him, the fool. It's my lunch time. LOL!

When I flip you the bird the last 3 days, I am NOT telling you that "you're #1." I literally have to contemplate either calling his employer, as I also have the company name off the side of the van, the sheriff, or just putting a string across my driveway to keep this a-hole out. To say these drivers from elsewhere are not respecting the laws of the road, or private property, is a total understatement. Sometimes they spin the Amazon vans around up in peoples' front yards here 50 feet up into their yards to turn around. My concrete driveway is old and I don't want this fool trying to crush it everyday before I try to sell this place. This world....I swear... always something, and I don't even have to leave the house now!!

I now have the license plate # and a daily log of the guy driving the 12 passenger commercial commuter van into my driveway as a turnaround on his metro mobility route every single day for the past week. Same exact time of day. I am waiting in my front window for him, the fool. It's my lunch time. LOL!

When I flip you the bird the last 3 days, I am NOT telling you that "you're #1." I literally have to contemplate either calling his employer, as I also have the company name off the side of the van, the sheriff, or just putting a string across my driveway to keep this a-hole out. To say these drivers from elsewhere are not respecting the laws of the road, or private property, is a total understatement. Sometimes they spin the Amazon vans around up in peoples' front yards here 50 feet up into their yards to turn around. My concrete driveway is old and I don't want this fool trying to crush it everyday before I try to sell this place. This world....I swear... always something, and I don't even have to leave the house now!!
I am assuming your a nice person unlike me so if you know what time every day that he does this I would move your vehicle to the end of the driveway or go get something to put across it. Myself, I'm a mean evil SOB and he would deeply regret doing it. 😈

Exercise/therapy/strength training always before more "invasive" methods. Oh, and you don't need spandex to do pilates. Just get a loose pair of Under Armour shorts.

Back