Reaction score
Handicap
tequila

Scorpion12

Lives under a rock
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hmm... after looking a lot closer at the area where my car was damaged this morning on the way to work while heading home, I didn’t see anything other than dead deer on the side of the road.

After getting home and looking closely at the damage, I did see some hair. No blood or guts but I see plainly the area where the deer hit my bumper and slid down the side of my car damaging it the whole way.

Sorry deer.

Now to the all to the body shop tomorrow to see if they can fix it Monday... and to get a rental.:mad::(

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap
Disclaimer: this rant is 110% FWP.

Back in August I custom ordered myself a new F150 pickup. It arrived at the dealer last Friday, and the delivery process began. I attempted to call my insurance broker on Monday, phone was forwarded to what I believe was a call centre. I explained to the agent that I was purchasing a new vehicle and that my policy would need to be updated. She asked me to email some documents. I signed the paperwork at the dealer Monday afternoon and sent them to the email address provided.
It is now Thursday morning, I am scheduled to pick up the truck this afternoon and I have heard nothing from my insurance company. Zero. Nada. I logged into the client centre yesterday, and there was an option to submit a vehicle transfer online, which I processed. Select a callback option, they said. First available time slot for a call? Today between 12 and 5 pm. Oh, and you do not have insurance unless you speak to an agent.
I am too busy at work to chase the insurance company. When they were a small independent office, my broker was a pleasure to deal with. A phone call was all that was required. Now they are part of a larger network. I trust that this recent unavailability is due to the pandemic, but still with today's technology I should be able to talk to just about anyone in the world and have changes made.

Hopefully I feel better about this at 5:00 pm today.

Raiderboost

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
More of a rant on my dads behalf. A few guys are heading out to our ranch this weekend to golf during the day in town and hog hunt at night. My dad ordered a Thermal scope to put on the AR with a Suppressor. He got the scope in last week and it won't stay charged. It seems that the internal battery is bad. Now we won't have it for the weekend. He's pretty mad as he spent $4k on it and it doesn't work.

At least we have one of my favorite courses to play Saturday and steaks to put on the grill!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it so freaking hard to keep your shoes on on an airplane.

6BD728A7-942F-4408-B942-C786594B67EA.jpeg

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Working

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it so freaking hard to keep your shoes on on an airplane.

View attachment 8967756
Update to the non shoe wearer. She decided to take her mask off to yawn (makes perfect sense) and in the process dumped an entire Bloody Mary she was drinking on the person across the aisle with one big leg kick. No shoes required of course

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1) - Trust The Process
Reaction score
Handicap
Update to the non shoe wearer. She decided to take her mask off to yawn (makes perfect sense) and in the process dumped an entire Bloody Mary she was drinking on the person across the aisle with one big leg kick. No shoes required of course
At least that Bloody Mary kick wasn’t in your direction!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At least that Bloody Mary kick wasn’t in your direction!
Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic
I guess some things never change? 🤷‍♂️

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
Feel unsafe in public? Don't go out. Masks are the last thing I worry about these days.
I used to want to feel control in situations around me in society. That ship passed long ago and its all reaction and survival now.

If you are doing anything for pleasure, and have these complaints.... that is a rant for the day. You're lucky.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Reaction score
Handicap
you are the larry david of air travel. the most ridiculous and hilarious (from the outside looking in) things happen to you.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
you are the larry david of air travel. the most ridiculous and hilarious (from the outside looking in) things happen to you.
It’s probably more about time spent in air, as this is pretty much the first craziness in 11 or so flights, but it is nuts. These ladies are hammered. Masks off with the excuse of constantly drinking and all over the place

AD8952FA-AC0D-42DA-9586-3BE96A56267D.jpeg

Stemmy66

Reaction score
I didn’t want to go here for several reasons, mostly my mental health, but I can’t take it. The frustration and flat out disappointment is a bit overwhelming at the same time.
A week ago, I had an elective rotator cuff repair which turned out to include a biceps tear as well.... been having issues with managing my pain and impossible to get back into see the surgeon due to COVID related schedule. Finally speak to office staff and there resolution was to prescribe more narcotics....
Ignoring the fact that I’ve been clear that opioid based meds were impacting my ability to breathe....
They claim it’s partially due to the sling I’m wearing and that changing to a different drug is a reasonable response.
Needless to say I’m not buying it and will manage without prescription meds.
Am hoping I can get sutures out Monday and start the long road back....
My regret thus far is the fact that I can’t and won’t be able to swing a golf club for several months!

Rant over... moving on tomorrow will be better than today!

Reframmellator

Reaction score
Handicap
I didn’t want to go here for several reasons, mostly my mental health, but I can’t take it. The frustration and flat out disappointment is a bit overwhelming at the same time.
A week ago, I had an elective rotator cuff repair which turned out to include a biceps tear as well.... been having issues with managing my pain and impossible to get back into see the surgeon due to COVID related schedule. Finally speak to office staff and there resolution was to prescribe more narcotics....
Ignoring the fact that I’ve been clear that opioid based meds were impacting my ability to breathe....
They claim it’s partially due to the sling I’m wearing and that changing to a different drug is a reasonable response.
Needless to say I’m not buying it and will manage without prescription meds.
Am hoping I can get sutures out Monday and start the long road back....
My regret thus far is the fact that I can’t and won’t be able to swing a golf club for several months!

Rant over... moving on tomorrow will be better than today!
Your frustration and disappointment are entirely reasonable.

At some point, you have to have your worst day of the year. Let's hope this is it.

TheHeez

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty pissed over here, mostly at some choices of my family. Cousin's boyfriend decided to visit her from his in-person instruction college campus. Got cousin and her mom sick with Covid. The worst part is, before they were feeling symptoms my grandparents were visiting and you guessed it, both my 80+ year old grandparents now have Covid. I'm optimistic as they are both pretty healthy, but truly am scared for them. Sucks as they are just the coolest people you will ever meet, grandpa is a stubborn and hilarious former oil field worker and grandma is an absolute treasure of a woman.

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
It’s probably more about time spent in air, as this is pretty much the first craziness in 11 or so flights, but it is nuts. These ladies are hammered. Masks off with the excuse of constantly drinking and all over the place

View attachment 8967806
You should take a pair of scissors and make some cuts. LOL

Um, I would like a hair-free drink, please.

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
More skin cancer surgery coming up, had a spot on my arm checked last week and they called yesterday saying it is melanoma.
That makes 6 places that have or will be cut. It is like an old record but you young folks need to take it seriously now or be cut on later, I know I never did but do now.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
More skin cancer surgery coming up, had a spot on my arm checked last week and they called yesterday saying it is melanoma.
That makes 6 places that have or will be cut. It is like an old record but you young folks need to take it seriously now or be cut on later, I know I never did but do now.
Sucks hearing that, hope they get it all.

badolds

Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
Message received loud and clear from you and my dad who has had several skin cancer surgeries including 4 this year. I cannot change the past but moving forward with sunscreen and a hat.

RealPretendPsychic

Reaction score
Handicap
Hope they get you cleared up! Always a good idea. I was referred to derm this year for a few spots. Get checked!

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been lucky they all have been surface spots that they could cut out and they said this one is the same, only on the edges and not going deep. With the Covid I have not seen her in 7 months, but now we are back to getting checked every 3 months and try to catch this crap as early as possible and cut it out ASAP.

The damage is already done and more will keep showing up, just a fact of life and another joy of getting older.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in