Official Rant of the Day

Well today we had to put our 11 year old dog down and both of my parents tests came back positive for Covid. Rough day for our family.

Geez man that's terrible on all accounts. Will certainly keep you and your family in our thoughts.

Well today we had to put our 11 year old dog down and both of my parents tests came back positive for Covid. Rough day for our family.
Putting my dog down a couple years ago was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I hope you and your family are doing okay.

I also hope everything goes smoothly for your parents!

'm looking forward to rolling the clocks back this weekend. it's so hard to get out of bed when it's pitch black outside.

I don't want to roll back the clock this year - I don't want even one more hour of 2020

Rough day for sure! Sorry for your loss, I'm sure after 11 years you have a lot of great memories!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your parents and hopefully, no residual effects post recovery! Godspeed!

Sorry to hear that Kev.. Saying some prayers for you and your family!!

Reactions: KEV
Neighbor just died today. He was fighting cancer. He started with chemo and then he died of complications from a surgery. We were taking care of their home while they were away for the surgery. Wonderful person and friend. I will miss him. Recently retired economics professor, he leaves behind a wife and two adult daughters.

Dealing with dudes who act like 11 year old girls...

fella A is a mainstay in this golf group, I’m new... just in this area. He’s used to be being the best player, recently played in a group event where he walked in thinking his 78 would take the cake. I shot 72.
I’ve never said a word to him prior... refuses to talk to me the moment the energy shifted off him.

so, that’s weird.
Only one thing to do at that point..............

Rub it in. :devilish:

So sorry to hear this, Kev. Tough day all the way around. Thoughts are with you and your family tonight, brother.

Reactions: KEV
now UPS has lost my clubs...WITAF?!

Why would 2nd swing be selling Callaway B21 hybrids for more than the sticker price new?

Neighbor just died today. He was fighting cancer. He started with chemo and then he died of complications from a surgery. We were taking care of their home while they were away for the surgery. Wonderful person and friend. I will miss him. Recently retired economics professor, he leaves behind a wife and two adult daughters.
So sorry to hear that Todd. I just had went to funeral for my granduncle last weekend and he had two neighbors show up and speak about him. I've never heard of that before and it really spoke to his character. If you were that close from being neighbors, I hope you and your wife are doing okay and that his family is doing as good as they can at the moment. Let me know if you need anything. Always available to come hit some sim balls with ya!

Probably more of a 'gripe' than a 'rant', but does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when golf courses don't have online tee time reservation set up? I have a 2 1/2 day golf weekend upcoming and am trying to set up tee times and it's going to take me longer to do that than the actual rounds will take :) I'm not so anti-social that I mind calling the pro shop, but one of the courses has their phone going to voicemail (where you get a message that their voicemail account is not set up). The other has a website with a 'Book Tee Times' link that then tells you they don't do online booking and that you should call. Then they don't answer the phone. Is it a bad sign if their email address is an AOL one? :oops:

It just blows my mind how these courses stay in business when they make it this hard to book a simple tee time.

Okay. I feel better now.

Still trying to get money back from a cruise canceled in April. I have been told “give us 30 days” for 6 months. And it isn’t a small amount of money :mad:

Surgery tomorrow....... refractured my wrist.

My truck got called into the shop this morning for maintenance at the last moment so my boss gave me 4 hours and told me to chill out for the day. I decided to stop by my sailboat at the Little Creek marina on the way home to check my mooring lines because of the high winds we had coming in today. I doubled up two of my lines and as I was walking the deck, I looked over at next slip and saw that the boat had a broken bow line from chaffing. It belongs to a Navy Lieutenant who is deployed in the Mediterranean for the next few months. He's always been a great slip mate, so I grabbed a couple spare lines from my cabin and secured his boat. He and I traded cabin key locations quite a while ago in case of emergencies, so I decided to check his bilges before I left his boat.

After I got him dried out squared away, I went to climb the steps out of his cabin and I slipped on the steps.

Surgery at 2:30 PM tomorrow at Portsmouth Naval Hospital.

I am so mad at myself right now that I can't see straight. Doc just laughed at me when I asked him how long for golf this time.

This week has been exhausting so far.

From early mornings, crazy things happening.
People asymptomatic testing positive for COVID. Having to shift gears from leading to teaching/mentoring. Wife having equally crazy week with work. And keeping a toddler entertained in the morning and evening.

Just need to get to Veterans Day for a nice 5 day rest.

Feels like someone punched me in the neck repeatedly while I slept 🤬

:mad:

Heading out in a 1/2 hour or so to check into the hospital for my wrist operation. At least it's under a local anesthesia. (y)

Hope all goes well!

Thanks to Covid I have now been made redundant

Job adverts here I come

I don't understand how to make my kids understand that its WEIRD for me to attend a house party or gathering with their mother/my ex wife's family... even more so when she is with her boyfriend who I still haven't met. They think its no big deal :rolleyes: and its totally normal. To me its very awkward, am I weird?

I don't understand how to make my kids understand that its WEIRD for me to attend a house party or gathering with their mother/my ex wife's family... even more so when she is with her boyfriend who I still haven't met. They think its no big deal :rolleyes: and its totally normal. To me its very awkward, am I weird?
Nope. I wouldn't be comfortable in that situation either.

Going to bed. Sharp plastic in bed. Puppies eating buttons off duvet. Wtf!

Back