Official Rant of the Day

My work informed me yesterday that if I'm paid through COVID funding for my 14 days quarantine, it'll be listed as category #4, which is looking after a child/relative and that means 2/3 pay. But, he's 13 and can look after himself (he does every school holiday) and they told me that I had to quarantine because he had to quarantine. I'll be fighting them on this one because the alternative is using my sick time to get full pay.

My work informed me yesterday that if I'm paid through COVID funding for my 14 days quarantine, it'll be listed as category #4, which is looking after a child/relative and that means 2/3 pay. But, he's 13 and can look after himself (he does every school holiday) and they told me that I had to quarantine because he had to quarantine. I'll be fighting them on this one because the alternative is using my sick time to get full pay.

if you’re quarantining under state or local mandate, or under a healthcare providers advice, you get full pay. if your work is forcing you to quarantine, i’d say you have a strong case for full pay. you’re not the one asking for leave to care for an affected family member.

B5234DD4-A265-48C0-9313-D501C4CC746C.png

if you’re quarantining under state or local mandate, or under a healthcare providers advice, you get full pay. if your work is forcing you to quarantine, i’d say you have a strong case for full pay. you’re not the one asking for leave to care for an affected family member.

View attachment 8973206

That's the way I read it as well. When I rang them last Monday and told them my son was quarantined they said go home immediately and quarantine for 14 days as well. We'll see what their response is tomorrow.

The longevity of SS putter grips is quite disappointing, especially given the cost. I put a new putter in the bag back in June and only play 2 rounds a week. Using the putter during today's round I noted that the front corners where my top hand grips the club are splitting apart. That's roughly 5 months, 8 rounds per month. At over $45, I don't consider that good mileage for my money. I think my next grip will be one of the Golf Pride Pro Only series. FWIW, before I started using SS my putter grip would typically last over 3 years.

What with the dramatic uptick in cases for Maine, wife is gearing up to return to wfh soon, fiber optic install on Monday. 😔
I liked your post. Not because of the :( and your wife having to work from home. I liked it because of the fiber install. I wish I could get fiber without having to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for it. Sorry.

Ugh. I-20 here in Columbia... going towards Augusta is 2 lanes. Enclosed by jersey barriers. No way out once you enter. They're making it 3 lanes both directions to Augusta...

Friday night my family and I were coming back from getting our dinner. Julia's Stammstich. Really good German food.

We're riding along on 20... and, right after the split into 2 lanes bordered by jersey barrier, traffic stops. For an hour. Good job South Carolina traffic engineer. Designing lanes you can't get out of in the event of traffic stoppage. Or slow cars. Or emergencies.

I'm staying off of I-20 from now on. I hadn't been on it for a while since they started construction. Now? Forget it.

Ugh. I-20 here in Columbia... going towards Augusta is 2 lanes. Enclosed by jersey barriers. No way out once you enter. They're making it 3 lanes both directions to Augusta...

Friday night my family and I were coming back from getting our dinner. Julia's Stammstich. Really good German food.

We're riding along on 20... and, right after the split into 2 lanes bordered by jersey barrier, traffic stops. For an hour. Good job South Carolina traffic engineer. Designing lanes you can't get out of in the event of traffic stoppage. Or slow cars. Or emergencies.

I'm staying off of I-20 from now on. I hadn't been on it for a while since they started construction. Now? Forget it.

that seems like overkill, since there are no patrons this year. do they still need that much traffic flow diversion into augusta?

Leaves. A short and simple rant for the day.

that seems like overkill, since there are no patrons this year. do they still need that much traffic flow diversion into augusta?
Oh, it's nor for traffic diversion. From Columbia to Augusta, I-20 is 2 lanes both directions. They're widening it to 3 lanes both directions. The split lanes are someone's half baked (in my opinion) idea for an express lane and an exit lane.

God damn it, can't find my birth certificate. Got through to the second stage for a job, but need my birth certificate so that they can use it as part of the DBS process

Had to order one on an express service for £45

It had better arrive quickly so I can get the documents uploaded

where i live people blow them into the street...it pisses me off

The only thing redeeming was that it was 72 degrees yesterday when I raked. Usually, it's much colder when it comes time to rake the leaves. And I only do a small percentage of my property as my lawn guy does a couple seasonal cleanups for me. There are just so many leaves to pickup for collection.

This is a new one for me now that we live some place where leaves change and then fall. It's crazy how many leaves fall. It's pretty though, but a pain for cleaning up.

The trees are beautiful when the leaves change colors. Not beautiful when they're on the ground all over your property. And when you have to hope they're all down before the snow comes.

I don't mind picking up my leaves. I do mind picking up all of the neighbor's leaves that blow on to my lawn, especially when I end up with more of their leaves than they end up with.

But it's still more blessed to mow (leaves) than blow (snow.)

I liked your post. Not because of the :( and your wife having to work from home. I liked it because of the fiber install. I wish I could get fiber without having to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for it. Sorry.
Sorry to hear it's so expensive there, I hit them up for free installation and they said ok, been a dsl/phone customer since 2005 so they treated us right.
All I can say is 250/250 fiber is freaking sweet! Click boom it's loaded with no difference while streaming on 2 TVs, playing music on alexa and, while wife and daughter are both on video conference's simultaneously! 😎

Sorry to hear it's so expensive there, I hit them up for free installation and they said ok, been a dsl/phone customer since 2005 so they treated us right.
All I can say is 250/250 fiber is freaking sweet! Click boom it's loaded with no difference while streaming on 2 TVs, playing music on alexa and, while wife and daughter are both on video conference's simultaneously! 😎
Yeah, we've asked a few times "can we get something better than DSL?" The response is "NO!"
I'm in a rural area serviced by a POP... and they've got a monopoly. They've run fiber down the road but won't connect me to it.
Cable stops less than a mile from me and I'm not paying out of my pocket for everyone in my neighborhood (all 15 people or whatever it is) to get access as well.

I'm honestly waiting for Starlink. Once it hopefully comes online I can drop DSL and when all of the other companies are begging for my business I can say "you had YEARS to get access to me. NO!" <--- that'll never happen though it's nice to dream:ROFLMAO:

Rant #1.... the small rant: Sunday night I got steak out of the freezer so I could make dinner on Monday. Today (Tuesday), while getting dinner out of the freezer, I found the package of steak I got out of the freezer...... sitting on a shelf in my furnace room. Apparently I grabbed the package out of the freezer, put it down, went upstairs, realized I forgot the package, came down and grabbed a new package from the freezer, forgetting package #1. At least it was vacuum sealed, so mess no stink.

Rant #2.... the big one: Our province is putting everyone under "Code Red" for their Covid response system. Capital city has been under it for 1 week, and they decided it wasn't fair, so they put everyone under it. Non-necessity retail businesses closed. Restaurants only allowed for takeout/pickup/delivery. Schools and Daycares luckily still open. Minimum 4 weeks of lockdown, no outside contact, only your own household (and whatever you contact at work). The wife is going to go crazy being cooped up with the baby..... it'll be even worse if she gets stuck at home with the 3 year old and the newborn.

Covid scare already caused wife and I to be more careful. Now back to having not fun meetings at work as covid affects business.

Wife tested positive for COVID! we literally do not go anywhere! she goes to work and home... ugh!

Wife tested positive for COVID! we literally do not go anywhere! she goes to work and home... ugh!
Hope she gets well soon!

wishing her a speedy recovery.

I hope it's very mild/asymptomatic and she has no problems.

My bulb (yes, bulb) "big" TV in the man cave went out on Sunday. Ordered a new one, it didn't work. Got a replacement for that yesterday and it didn't work. TV is toast, so I have to go out and buy a new one today. Not exactly what I need or want to be spending money on right now.

Well my daughter has Covid so both kids will be home from school for a couple of weeks and a huge crack has magically appeared in my truck windshield. 2020 can go away now.

Well my daughter has Covid so both kids will be home from school for a couple of weeks and a huge crack has magically appeared in my truck windshield. 2020 can go away now.
Wishing her well!!!

Reactions: KEV
Back